LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

This one's for Wanna

I'm at work and found this photo and thought I'd put it here just for you Wanna. This is the full kit I need at work. I don't have to wear the respirator all that often - only when I'm out on the production floor. But the glasses, helmet and safety boots are part of my everyday attire.
So now you know why I like to dress up on the weekends!

Add on for everybody who wonders what in the hell I do - I'm a training advisor in an aluminium smelter. I look after training for all the reduction lines (that's where they actually make the aluminium - in a cell (and across all the lines we have a total of 749 of them) - think loaf tin!! but a bit an awful lot bigger with lots of molten metal, liquid bath(hot stuff ) and electricity). I have a team of four people - who are fantastic - but I'm currently one down so have to jump on the recruitment bandwagon when I get back from holiday. So I swan around in my 'blues', boots and always have to have safety glasses on when I'm out of the office and depending on where I'm going need to have a helmet. I've been with this company for almost 12 years - great company to work with and I've progressed really well through the ranks - from Admin Support, to Technical Officer to a leadership role. Word has it that my empire might be expanding when I get back - and I'm not sure I want that - but we'll see!

10 comments:

Christine said...

LOL! LOL! Ya sexy thang!

Chris H said...

Wow, you sure look different in that get up.... too funny! Wanna must look similar eh? I love dressing up too....

The Candid Bandit said...

*wolf whistle*

Yummy Mummy said...

HA HA... noice!!! (aussie Kath and Kim humour there...)

Lyn said...

wow that's amazing!! What do you do for a job?

I have a kit very similar for ambulance but so far haven't had to wear it.

Sienna said...

I also thought, that no, I don't know what you do for a job either! Just read your previous post, and don't be hard on yourself for no loss this week, you did so well last week, it's all good, that 700g will disapear again, just you watch! I can't believe it is so close until your holiday, you must be overcome with excitement!

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Ha ha..love it... you look awesome!!!!!
I dont have to wear saftey glasses or a helmet... But I am in navy pants and boots and navy polo shirt and navy jumper...
I will get game and post a pic oneday... ;o)
Thanks for posting this just for wittle ol me... haha When I go to the shops after work I see alot of women out dressed just like me.. so it isnt that strange here.. but boy do i love my clothes on the weekends now!!!!!

Julie's Journey said...

Would not have recognised you! What an outfit - I hope it keeps you safe, it looks like it should.

maria said...

How brave.. but you know women in uniform "feel so warm" according to the Skyhooks! Thanks for posting this great photo!! And I loved reading about what you do in more detail! Also reading about how you have worked your way up in the ranks is inspiring too! Again.... Bon Voyaaaage!!

Gail said...

Hi there, I'm green with envy, not for your outfit [gorgeous though it may be] but for your upcoming trip. Like you I love to travel. Wishing you a fantastic time, and I'll do some browsing of your blog while your away.
Cheers Gail