LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Bags are packed (almost)



Just a quick update - the bags are virtually packed - just need tightening down and the addition of last minute toiletries and of course the laptop bag is still empty!!

We're both still a bit stunned at the thought of not going to work for 5 weeks - but I reckon we'll get used to it pretty quickly - we always have in the past! Been to get my hair permed so that's the beautification complete - all the hair looked after - either permed and coloured or removed!

My wonderful friend S who I had lunch with today, gave me my birthday present early -this is it - isn't it just gorgeous and isn't she just the best friend ever?

Ok must away and bring in the washing. Going out for tea tonight with our friend H - not sure what I'll wear - all my nice gear is packed. Think I might wear that little tangerine jacket with my brown jeans .... oooh yes as my new pendant and earrings will look great with that. Back before I go..


11 comments:

Chris H said...

OOO How exciting ... at the packing stage already! And your early birthday present is just gorgeous! When you are sick of it....... email me! ha ha ha

Chris H said...

So... On Monday December the 3rd you are staying at my place!!!!!! Wooo hoooo...... I hope???? You are most welcome chick!!!! I will get the Palmy bloggers together, we can go out to dinner or whatever..... confirm!

Chris H said...

I am thrilled to think you may come visit.. but for now, off you go ya tart, enjoy your holiday!!!! Take lots of photos, and be careful in Cuba!!! Keep in touch, and get back to me when you get home... no hurry!

Sienna said...

Love the jewlery! You lucky duck! Ooooh, I can feel the excitement!

Lyn said...

I'm so jealous! Have fun chickey!! How exciting!!!

Apple2Hourglass said...

I notice you haven't left room for ME in your bag!! hehe
Have a great time, we'll miss you.
Love the jewellery, you're very lucky to have a friend with such great taste!
Bri

The Candid Bandit said...

OMG you've left already! Wooooo.

Have a ball dollface!

Julie's Journey said...

Five weeks without your support. What will I do? Have a wonderful trip - I will miss you heaps. We will catch up when you get back.

maria said...

That was lovely of your friend to bless you before you leave! I'm sure the jewellery set will really suit you. I hope you had a nice dinner out?! I feel really excited for you!! Thank you for this update - so now we know you're having a birthday while you're gone?! When?! Bon Voyage gorgeous lady :-)

Jocelyn said...

Wooo so exciting, I am truly jealous. Hope you have a wonderful time!!!

:-)))

xx

Anne said...

Love the pressie - also loved how you could say you might wear your 'little' jacket.

Enjoy your holiday - we did! Must be hard living in those temps, we loved it all!