LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, August 27, 2007

Eventually from Vegas

This is a post which I did last week but I haven't been able to get the photos to upload. Hopefully they'll come through now. I'll try and do another more up to date post later today. And thanks everyone for your lovely birthday wishes.   This is specially for Livvy who wanted to know more about the food we were having. And you know what - and this has been quite amazing for me - finally, I think for the first time in my life I haven't been super interested. It's no longer the focus of my existence - hallelujah that only took 50 years!! Having said that we've still had some lovely meals but what has been a revelation is the type of food and the sizes of portions here - and my goodness there's an awful lot of people showing the results of those portions. I've still had lots of little treats here and there but at the same time I haven't used the fact that I'm on holiday as a licence to stuff my face. Anyway back to the picture above - the breakfasts here all seem to have this strange mix of sweet and savoury - strawberry pancakes or waffles or French toast with bacon eggs and hash browns! Anyway on our last morning in San Francisco I had the above - French toast stuffed with cream cheese, apple and cinnamon and whipped cream on top. Absolutely yummo but a strange thing to eat for breakfast for me anyway. Went back to my bowl of fresh fruit again the next day. We've actually been making do with two meals a day - having a reasonable breakfast (often quite late in the morning - we are on holiday after all), then maybe an ice cream or gelato late afternoon, then dinner at night - but still just have one course. Course there's lots of wine drinking going on with this! We had an open topped bus tour over the Golden Gate bridge - far out it was windy but magnificent views There were markets on with lots of caricture artists around. I've always wanted to have this done and talked Bloss into to coming into the picture with me. Here's the end result - think he's actually made me quite glam and it's not a bad likeness of Bloss. The artist did me first then got Bloss to sit and added him into the picture. The 'summer of fun' and the Love Boat were the artist's own little add ons We got so sun burnt in San Francisco - had't expected it to be that warm - actually it was the wind that was the problem. My moisturiser has SP30 but Bloss doesn't use such stuff so ended up with a crisped face! Now we have some random shots of Las Vegas - this is the Paris Las Vegas     Me taken at the front of The Mirage   This one is taken from the Bellagio looking towards Caesar's Palace. The water you can see is the dancing fountains of the Bellagio - we got there just as the show was almost over but it was absolutely incredible - no photo could capture how spectacular it was.   We're staying at the Monte Carlo resort - me at the front entrance.   Caesar's Palace is just unreal - it's huge! Here's Bloss looking up one of the streets of the Forum shopping area The ceiling is painted like it's daylight - hopefully you can see the blue - the sensation is quite bizarre.   This is taken at the front of the Mirage resort   And this one is looking at the front of Caesar's Palace. Well we got here yesterday - no problems. The Monte Carlo is massive - 3200 rooms! But very comfortable. Have to pay for internet though so you might not hear from me too much. The temperatures are very high - about 105F (39'ish) during the day - makes it bloody hot when you're walking the Strip! Watching the progress of hurricane Dean with some trepidation - we're not due to go to Cancun for a couple of weeks but if it carries on it's present course with it's current intensity there might not be a resort there for us to go to! We're just sussing out trips to the Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam for later in the week and deciding which shows we'll go to - Celine Dion is here, as is Mama Mia and Menopause the Musical and Toni Braxton so lot's to choose from. OK y'all- time for a wine now I think - will be back again when I can. Love Z xx

5 comments:

Chris H said...

I would really really love to be n Vegas and go to those shows!!! Your photos did not show either mate. Continue to have a fantastic time!!

Sienna said...

Sounds like you are having a fab time! Shame the pics didn't turn out. Can't wait to see them!

Julie's Journey said...

Have been thinking of you and the hurricane. Take care.

maria said...

Hello travellin-lady, the photo's aren't showing here..and even some of your S/F foto's are now not showing on my end either (which were there the another day). I think blogger has issues too. I changed my template.. then changed it back and changed it again..and now I can't change it AT ALL. I keep getting an error message every day. Yet I created a private blog for my daughter and the template changes work on her blog! But we can't edit her title and change the photo.. the screen flashes back and forth between what we need and what we don't want.. it's like a blogger virus! I have tried hard to look for somewhere to report these errors..but keep finding FAQ type pages and nothing else. I posted on a blogger forum, but no replies at all. Anyway, I do hope you get the pic's up and happening.. I'm sure we'll see them one day soon.. can't wait! I too had been thinking of you and the hurricane in the Mexico area. Keep having a fabulous time..and well done with not going crazy with food.. sounds like you have permanent, positive changes ingrained in you! :-)

The Candid Bandit said...

Man, they didnt work for me either!

I agree with you on portion sizes. I was gobsmacked when I saw that there are constant free softdrink top ups, massive super sizing even on restuarant meals.

The breakfast thing made me laugh. I am a fresh milk and cereal kinda girl but when my hosts (in two different states) told me that they never ever eat breakfast at home (drive throughs and cheap restuarants) I couldn't believe it.

Makes you appreciate what you've got at home doesn't it?

*hugs*