LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Sojourn in Scotland


Just a another lot of photos for you to check out - this time Scotland.  There are a few family ones in here too since this was mostly what the visit to Scotland was all about.  It's still one of the most beautiful countries in the world but just such a shame it rains so much - but then you wouldn't have all those glorious greens in the landscape if it didn't.  There are quite a lot of pretty photos of this section of our trip so I've split them into two posts.  Hope you enjoy

Love Z xx

Helensburgh

River Clyde at Helensburgh

Mum and I

Views over the Clyde

A view near Drymen

A little tower near Buchanan Castle

Looking towards Loch Lomond on the Balmaha Road

Balmaha Bay

Passfoot Cottage - this used to be a tearoom and I worked there all during my high school and college years

Me looking out on Balmaha Bay

The Lady of the Lake on Loch Katrine

6 comments:

Anne said...

REally loved the photos!! There were some amazing garden shots:-) I want to go back someday!

Pam said...

Goodness, I didn't realise you were going to post that photo on your blog. Why do I look pregnant?? And gloomy?? Must remember not to lean forward wearing baggy shirt; and to smile...

The weather's been lovely since you went away: sunny and mild. It's always the way!

Jocelyn said...

Gorgeous photos, and you are right so green, there is nothing in Australia that compares to that shade of green.

Chris H said...

Scotland really is beautiful! Cold I bet, but very pretty.

jen said...

ohhhhh lovely pics....

I have a scottish heritage, Dad's mum was scottish.

Lonicera said...

Just about the most photogenic place in the world, isn't it? It's also the light that's so special. Not to mention the tea-time food... (but we won't go into that).
More pics? More? More?
Caroline
(PS - thanks for the message on my blog, I'll see if I can get to an internet cafe somewhere)