LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Remembering the Romantic Road

Back again - first week back on track went really well.  I have tracked religiously, drunk my water every day and left alcohol well alone.  The only thing missing is the exercise.  I tend to suffer for the first week with jet lag or forms thereof whenever I come back from Europe - I'm OK but just can't sleep when I'm meant to so tend to be awake till the 2s and 3s and when you have to be back up at 5.30am it doesn't leave you with much energy to exercise.  However the plan is to get started on Monday.  So lost 900g this week - had hoped for more though don't know why as I'm never usually a big loser but it's in the right direction and that's what counts.


This week you can explore with me the Romantic Road or Romantische Strasse as it's known.  An incredibly beautiful stretch of the German countryside with some exceptionally pretty towns.


I discovered a new way of uploading photos which is incredibly painless.  Up to now I had been blogging them direct from Picasa which I use to manage my photos.  But you can only do four at a time and it puts them in a separate post each time so you have to cut and paste to put them all in the one post.  But if you go into Blogger then Settings and then Email and Mobile and activate the Email posting section then what you can do is attach a whole load of photos in an email using your normal email programme then email them to your blog email address (which you set up above) and if you tick the save emails as draft post option then you can go into Edit Posts and they're all there in draft post ready to add whatever text you like.


Another thing I discovered which I hadn't realised - if you log into draft.blogger.com and go to Settings and the Basic tab then scroll down to the bottom, under Global Settings, you can select the Updated Editor which makes it much easier to manage photos and move them around in your posts.


Hope this helps some of you - if I can help further, email me - my email is listed in my profile.  OK gals (and guys if there are any reading) have a great week and catch you all soon with the next photo instalment which will be in 2 parts - Sojourn in Scotland - extolling the beauties of the land of my birth!


Love Z xx



Driving into Nordlinger


Nordlinger


Nordlinger


Just a pretty house - taken from the coach


The town square in Rothenburg


Rothenburg


This building is a Youth Hostel


Rothenburg looking back towards the town square



Rothenburg


Rothenburg

Horse drawn carriage in Rothenburg



The old town wall


Rothenburg


Real grapes

3 comments:

Lonicera said...

Thanks for the blogging tip! Look forward to trying it out!
Caroline

Julie's Journey said...

Well done on the weight loss. Hopefully I will have something to report along those lines after tonight. Fingers crossed. Lovely photos as usual and thanks for the tips. I will probably have to ask more questions but will give it a go.
xxx

jen said...

mmmm wonder if this not very computer savvy me can manage that blogging tip...I do have trouble putting my pics on my blog !!

Lovely pics, thanks for them.

ohhh and well done on the weight loss.