LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Loitering in the Lake District

This is the last of the holiday photos - we had a night down in the Lake District with my sister and husband - the day we drove down was absolutely peachy weather but the next day driving back was wet and cloudy but it was all still so picturesque.

Weigh in this morning - and only a miserly 100g - I was quite disappointed but not really surprised as I'm a daily weigher and all week it's just been holding pretty steady - up and down by a couple of hundred grammes throughout the week. However - that's my first kilo down and I just need to hold the focus and resolve and just keep plugging away. I have tracked very precisely all week and been on or under points, had no alcohol and been pretty good with my water. Areas for improvement this week are to drink more water and get some exercise happening. I'm still struggling to find that extra energy to get me kick started although I know that if I get going I will feel so much better and discover energy I didnt know I had - the reality is that the problem is in my head but I'll get there soon.

Not much in the way of other news - back at work with a lot more enthusiasm this week and almost back into the groove. No plans for the weekend at this stage - think I might get my act together and build the DVDs of our holiday photos - I use a programme called Pro Show Gold and have all sorts of interesting transitions and effects as my photos cycle through and I set it all to music - sometimes choosing a song which has some connection with the place, other times just choosing what I like. The only definite one is Brown Girl in the Ring for the some of the Frankfurt photos as this was being played by a band in the square as we were having a few beers with an Irish guy and his German lady friend who we just happened to meet! I think in total we've got about 3,000 plus photos between us so will split them into one for each city.

That's it from me possums - hope you all have a good week and to those of us who are firmly back 'on the wagon' - make sure you stay there!!

Love Z xx


The view on the way into Keswick

Keswick

Keswick

Just a roadside view

Going into Grasmere

Windermere

Linda, Frank, Bloss and I having dinner in our hotel

One of the exhibits at the Beatrix Potter Museum

Bloss popping up between the squirrels

Peter Rabbit

Pre Dinner drinks in our hotel

Waiting to go into dinner - this was the residents lounge

Lake Windermere

Just one of the many views

And another

Our hotel from the main road

Our hotel Netherton Hall, Grange over Sands

The view from the hotel

Driving along

You see all these lovely sights

Bleak house?

It was raining but the veiws were awesome




Looking across a valley

We were quite high - above many of the clouds

7 comments:

Lee-Anne said...

Lovely photos Annie. The countryside looks so picturesque and timeless. It would be so easy to imagine yourself in another century.

Lonicera said...

I worked one summer in Seatoller, at the foot of Derwentwater, on the road to Keswick - I thought I recognised a photo of the area... Lovely to see it all again. People complain about the rain but how else would it stay so gorgeously lush and green?
Thanks for sharing.
Caroline

Chris H said...

Totally gorgeous photos! I love all the stone houses and walls.

Suzy said...

Gorgeous photos. You are doing well to settle in to work after your wonderful trip.

Anne said...

Our son worked in that area as a chef. I have Peter Rabbit here as a souvenir from him!

What kind of camera do you have?

Jocelyn said...

I have totally loved looking at the photos from your trip, thanks so much for posting them. Can't wait until the day I get to do some of this kind of travelling myself.

Julie's Journey said...

Lovely photos in the last couple of posts. Everything looks so green and lush and the gardens look amazing. Loved the photo of Bloss and the squirrels too.