LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Jumping puddles!

None of your baby steps this week - I jumped the puddle! A loss of 1.1kg and haven't I got a smile on my face.

Reviewing my week - in fact not quite as spot on as previous weeks but pretty damn close nonethless.

Alcohol - still none - 4 weeks now
Points - on or under every day
Tracking - entered every day
Walking - only managed 3 days this week
Steps - 49,000 - due mainly to the above
Water - 2l daily - it's been so bloody hot it's been an absolute pleasure!

I've had some problems with my back again so had to go to the physio two nights last week and that upsets my walking time - I just run out of time to fit it in. Then of course there was the hairdresser on Thursday night - more of that shortly and then on Saturday Bloss and I had ourselves a wee treat in the afternoon and evening so another missed day.


Ok - taaaa raaaa here's the new hairdo and colour - actually used to be around this colour a while back but I get bored and have to change the colour regularly so have been through all the coppers, red, browns, burgundies and back to blonde for a while. Might even go a little bit lighter next time - but Rob (my hairdresser) wanted to lighten it reasonably gently.

Saturday morning I got up at 5.30am to say goodbye to No 2 son who is off to London for however long he feels like - probably at least 12 months. He absolutely hates being farewelled at the airport but I usually exert mother's privilege and go anyway. But I decided to do as he asked this time and say goodbye at home. Felt quite sad and teary - it's been so nice having him around for a while but I guess I've always felt that with sons you have to let them go and give them their space and then they'll come back to you and so far it's always worked and we have a brilliant relationship.

Later in the morning Bloss came with me to do the food shopping - need to get him to help me at the moment as I find the lifting in and out of the trolley really plays havoc with my back. Then we decided to go to the movies and treat ourselves to the Gold Room - hadn't been there yet. We went to see Blood Diamond - great movie but not for the fainthearted! Those leather recliner chairs are just fantastic - they're huge - we had a couple of drinks - chardy for Bloss and mineral water for me and generally felt like the king and queen. Unfortunately the projector played up for about the last 5 - 10 minutes of the movie and the sound was garbled and the picture all wiggly. So guess what - the manager apologised very nicely and asked if we'd accept free movie passes - 'Oh yes that would be lovely' says I - thinking we'd get a couple of standard passes but.... we got two passes to go to the Gold Room again - now that's service! We then headed to the local sailing club for tea and rounded out a very pleasant day.

Big today for Josh, No 1 grandson - first day in Grade 1 so will be phoning him tonight to hear how it all went. He's been at pre school there for the last year and had several orientation visits so not particularly worried about it. Can just imagine him tonight - talking nineteen to the dozen!

Wishing you all as good a week as I've had and hope like me you're feeling very focussed for the week ahead. Watch out puddles here I come!

17 comments:

Briony said...

Wow, you're really powering. Well done. Keep up the good work. I love your hair, it looks fantastic. I can't even imagine what 4 weeks without alcohol would be like, maybe I should try it!!
Have a(nother) great week!
Bri

Leighanne said...

Your hair do looks great!!!
Congratulations on a great loss...you will be pole vaulting those puddles soon xxx

Em said...

Hello
Firstly thanx for stopping by my blog....really means a lot to have all your support.
Got to agree with the previous two comments your hair looks fantastic as you do....Congratulations on a fantastic loss too....

Suzy said...

Congrats on the great loss!!

You look fantastic!!! Love your hair!

Well done on the no alcohol front. I don't think I could do that.

Suzy said...

P.S. I know exactly how you feel about your Son.

Anne said...

You are going great - fantastic loss:) Four weeks without alcohol - well done. You really do seem to be on fire!

Also love your hair - great photo!

PersistentGirl said...

Yippee! Congrats - so exciting to hear of your great progress!

Sounds like you are being consistently focussed and it's really paying off.

The hair looks fabulous - very elegant and glamorous :)

PersistentGirl said...

P.S. I love the quotes at the top of your blog - I have copied and pasted some of them into a word document so that I can keep them on my computer :)

Anonymous said...

thanks for the comment! u look gorgeous! and congrats on the loss - that's a big one!

Gabby said...

You look amazing! Great Photo! I love your hair and colour. Wow what a fantastic loss this week - you are doing so well.

From baby steps to flying leaps!

Have a great week!
Gabby

Cassie said...

Well Done Zanna,

Thanks for the comments - you are doing a fantastic job and the new 'do - you are absolutely glowing!!

Continue the good work and all the best with the 'no alcohol' - it's a tough job but I guess someone's gotta do it (glad it's you not me LOL)

Christine (Australia) said...

Hi Zanna, great to see all your baby steps are paying off in a BIG way - what a great loss this week - congratulations! Love your new hair do - you look gorgeous! I'm getting mine done on Thursday night - a bit nervous as I'm going to a new hairdresser! Keep up the great work and hope you have another fantabulous week.. chris xx

Suze said...

Omigosh! Over a kilo! Well done - fantastic loss :)

Love the hair as well. You are definitley one of the women who look fab with short hair.

Sue said...

Jumping puddles - I like that!

jen said...

woooooooohooooooooooo great going girl...those babys steps turned into giant strides.

Love the hair.

Have another great week.

Jen

The Candid Bandit said...

Congratulations on the wonderful loss!

Your hair looks amazing. Being a big fan of short hair now, Im always looking for sassy styles..

I cannot imagine standing at an airport years from now saying goodbye to Bradman. Heart breaking.

Go you re: alcohol. I gave it up for 2 yrs during my challenge. Best thing I've done!

lg said...

Hi Zanna, glad to see you back - yes, I'm littlegrover - just needed a bit of a revamp to get my motivation going again.

Love the new hairdo and well done on the weight loss!