LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, January 15, 2007

From little acorns.........

So week 2 is over and how did I do? Well I’m not exactly ecstatic but remaining positive. I lost a miserly 100g! I suspect there’s a bit of fluid balancing happening – I’ve been down 100g since last Thursday, dropped to 500g yesterday but back to 100g today so that’s what I’ll have to take. Hopefully next week I’ll be off with a bang again. I have been exceedingly good again this week – guess that’s why I’m a tad disappointed – don’t mind not losing much or not losing at all if I know I’ve been messing around but I truly have been an angel! Points – on or under all week Alcohol – not a drop has passed my lips Water – at least 2 litres every day Walking – again managed 6 days out of 7 Steps – wore my pedometer all week and managed just under 59,000 steps for the week – a daily average of almost 8,500. Anyway this isn’t about one week – it’s a plan for several months so upwards and onwards! Been reading lots of your blogs – and trying to comment on as many as possible in line with the National Delurking directive from Leighanne and Brooke! Congratulations to Paulene, Simon and Caleb on the birth of their new son and brother Talyn. Must admit Simon had me worried as he took sooooo long to update with the news and I was imagining all kinds of things, so I was over the moon when the good news came through. Busy week ahead – the physio tomorrow night who says that if I’m still good he’ll let me graduate – meaning no more visits. My back has been pretty good lately but only if I keep up the walking and avoid sitting for long periods either at my desk or in the car and I find food shopping plays havoc with it – I think it’s all the stretching, lifting in the trolley, out the trolley, back in the trolley – you all know what I mean. It’s just such a bloody pointless time consuming inefficient process. Roll on the day when internet grocery shopping comes to central Queensland! Sorry ….. I’ll get back down off my high horse now! On Friday Bloss goes in for day surgery for his cataracts – he’s already had one eye done in November and it’s made a huge difference to him. That same afternoon No 1 Son, DIL and 2 grandsons arrive back from their Scottish trip. I’m hoping that everything will pan out – I’ll take Bloss to the hospital, around lunchtime I think then zip out to the airport to see the returning holidaymakers then back to the hospital to pick up Bloss. Meant to say last week that I have discovered Blogroll – what a marvellous little invention! I always used to laboriously cut and paste URLs into the appropriate spot in my blog template and then have to republish the template. This Blogroll makes it all so easy – love it! You can see how much by the long list of blogs I now have in my sidebar! Ok must away and get on with my day. Hope everyone has a great week with lots of nice things happening and big losses!

9 comments:

Anne said...

Great week for you Zanna! Don't worry about what the scales said, I'm sure it is fluid. There's a few of us raring to go - great we can inspire each other. Must look into the blogroll.

Have a great week!

Suzy said...

You are doing all the right things so I'm sure the results will come.
Don't worry. Keep uo the good work.

Good luck to Bloss for his eye op.

Sue said...

I love BlogRoll too, but it doesn't seem to be showing us when people update anymore - anyone else have this problem?
Well done on the loss - I'm sure the hard work will show next week.

Julie's Journey said...

What is blogroll? Love your new look blog! You are going so well keep it up. Hope all goes well for Bloss's op. Watch out when I'm well - I race you (metophorically? of course).

jen said...

Great going Zanna..keep up the good work..the results will show next week for sure.

Have a another great week,
Jen

Suze said...

I know exactly how you feel by not losing much after being angelic. You take it much better than I do :)
You're all pholisophical and positive, and I'm all whingy and whiney.

Christine (Australia) said...

Hi Zanna, wow you have been an angel! I'm sure you will bounce back with a good loss next week.. don't be disheartened.. keep up the positive thinking and good work...

The Candid Bandit said...

Wow, what is with the 100gm losses this week?

Thank you for sharing your part of the world with me. You look like the kinda woman I love being around. Little whacky, insanely fun and bright.

I've sent you an invitation, let me know if it doesnt go through..

Im heading to Brisbane on Monday and we're having a bloggers meet (short notice one at that) would you be interested in coming? Im not sure where in QLD you are.

Beckie

Now, blogroll, I WISH I knew how to do that.

The Candid Bandit said...

P.S. I forgot to say i LOVE the look of your blog!