LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, January 01, 2007

Now this is No 1 and the fun has just begun....

Happy new year to everyone. Had a lovely evening with our friends and brought in the new year with a drink or two - my last as I embark on the dry spell! I've awakened this morning all set to embrace my new strategies ... so here goes. Have included a poem which I found on the WW forum courtesy of Cassie - it seems to sum up where we tend to find ourselves at this time of year. Twas the month after Christmas, and all through the house Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse. The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I'd taste At the holiday parties had gone to my waist. When I got on the scales there arose such a number! When I walked to the store (less a walk than a lumber). I'd remember the marvellous meals I'd prepared; The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared, The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese And the way I'd never said, "No thank you, please." As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt And prepared once again to do battle with dirt--- I said to myself, as I only can" You can't spend a winter disguised as a man!" So--away with the last of the sour cream dip, Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip Every last bit of food that I like must be banished Till all the additional ounces have vanished. I won't have a cookie--not even a lick. I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick. I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie, I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry. I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore--- But isn't that what January is for? Unable to giggle, no longer a riot. Happy New Year to all and to all a good diet! Let's make it one to remember!

13 comments:

Suzy said...

Hello Zanna! Happy New Year!!!

Hope 2007 is great for you and your plan goes well. Don't be too hard on yourself. Have some little treats.

Sue said...

Happy New Year - a fesh start for all of us.

Shauna said...

hehe... that's a goodun.
happy new year to you! Onward and downward :)

Jocelyn said...

Hi Zanna, thanks for commenting on my blog - and no it wasnt too personal, I reckon if you put it out there in blogland its already personal lol!

Happy New Year, I am on the fresh start option too ;-)

Julie's Journey said...

Welcome back. Happy New Year. Loved the poem - have emailed it to friends.

jen said...

hehehe love the poem

Happy New Year, and may it be a heathier and slimmer one for us all...

Jen

Christine (Australia) said...

Hi Zanna, Love your blog! You sound really motivated, good on you! I hope some of that motivation can rub off on me as I'm just plodding along at the moment.. I look forward to reading about your journey & success... Chris

PersistentGirl said...

Hi Zanna,
Thanks for the comment on my blog! Sounds like you're really motivated. We can do it!!!

I look forward to reading your journey in the year ahead.

All the best,
Persistentgirl

Esther said...

Hello lovely! Thanks for you kind comments - it means a lot. I always loved getting your comments, you are a wise woman! I hope you have a wonderful new year - and you sound very motivated to get what you want in 2007! Fantastic - shall watch your progess:)

Est xox

Gabby said...

Hello Zanna! so glad to see you are back - I was a lurker on your blog last year.

Loved the poem! I look forward to reading your successes in 2007. All the very best

Gabby :)

Suze said...

Hi Zanna! You sound so motivated, I just expect to see those kilos falling off you :)

Must be lovely to be in QLD with all that lovely weather to get out and about in.

Anne said...

Happy New Year!! Good to have you back, always enjoyed catching up with your news.

Here's hoping that 2007 is great year for you. Loved the poem:)

Pam said...

Hello Zanna,

Thanks for delurking. I wish everyone would! I'm so nosy that I always want to know who the mysterious people are who show up on the Sitemeter.

How come you're only 51 - a mere child - and also a granny? This isn't fair. Also you're far too glamorous to be a granny. I'm wee and dumpy - perfect granny material - however, I'm going to lose a pound a week till next Christmas, and then I won't be. There it is in black and white. Will this make it happen?