LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, February 05, 2007

Steady, steady......

Feeling good again this week (although the scales are still at it - stay low for three days straight then on weigh in day decide to sneak 300g back on). Anyway nonetheless another 500g off this week so I'm quite happy with that.

Once again its been a good week - in fact I really think I've been extra good this week - see my story below and in addition to this I've dined out two nights on the weekend and managed to make good choices - Saturday night - no entree, grilled tuna steak (absolutley scrumptious), no dessert, and Sunday night - grilled chicken and avocado panini - but only ate half the panini. So reviewing the week .......

Alcohol - none (5 weeks now)
Points - on or below everyday
Tracking - still tracking on WW online
Walking - managed 4 days this week - and yesterday's one was a 6km
Steps - got to 60,000 this week - about 8,500 a day
Water - 2 litres at least every day - and can see the difference being well hydrated and having no alcohol makes to my skin.


I’ve included a couple of photos of two diehard standbys for me. Every couple of weeks I take four low cal jellies, and four tins of WW fruits – peaches and fruit salad, I gather up my supply of little screwtop containers (purchased from Woolworths at about $1.50 each) and I set about making my work lunchtime desserts. Each tin of fruit and each made up jelly gets divided between three containers, lid screwed on and into the fridge it goes. Each morning I just grab one and take it with me to enjoy as part of my lunch – at half a point!


The other photo shows what quells the late afternoon munchies when I get home from work around 4pm. Don’t need these every day but some days they just hit the spot. Four original flavour rice crackers,(or two salt and vinegar rice cakes) two tablespoons WW sour cream and some salsa – for 2 points.

I’m quite proud of myself this week for another reason – It’s been a fairly stressful week for me and despite feeling a VERY strong inclination for a glass of chardonnay (in fact more than one) and feeling that I was a poor darling who deserved a chocolate hit – I didn’t succumb. But it certainly crossed my mind a couple of nights last week.

It all started on Wednesday night with a Skype call from my younger sister in Scotland. I won’t bore you with lots of details – but the gist of it was there had been a major falling out between her and my younger brother and although it had happened ten days earlier neither of them seemed able to budge causing much heartache to my Mum and also other family members. Well the next three nights involved some big phonathons to Scotland and also to No 1 son – who knew nothing of this but who had actually been present when this situation had supposedly occurred. Anyway long calls to my brother, No 1 son, my poor Mum who had aged 10 years overnight and was an absolute wreck, my sister again and then Mum again. Basically on the phone for three nights from around 7 – 10 pm. I’ve got callouses on my ears! I had to be careful I didn’t come across as meddling big sister from overseas who pulls all the strings and rather that I was a little bit removed from the situation but nonetheless love them all very dearly and could hopefully just get each of them to see even a little bit of where the other one was coming from. I am pleased to say that it looks like the whole thing is now resolved – not quite back to normal but hopefully on the way there. It’s been a real shock to all of us – we’re a family who doesn’t fight – never have – and always thought that the bonds between us all were super strong. It’s been a salutary lesson to us all in realizing how easily these bonds can be cast aside – all over a coincidental remark, a bit of misunderstanding, people’s pride and reacting via email rather than face to face.

I've just joined up for the Walk around Turkey challenge on the Walking with Attitiude site - see sidebar for the link. I started the WA - North Bibbulmun Track one last May then when I went AWOL for a few months I abandoned it so I've just finished it now since I started back. I find the entering of my steps every day keeps me on the move and encourages me to take little extra walks here and there to get my step count up.

Anyway friends, that's the latest from me so just wishing you all a good focussed week, but most importantly be gentle with yourself and take one day at a time.

15 comments:

Julie's Journey said...

5 weeks without alcohol - girl you put me to shame! Love your little desserts. Am going to make some tonight if I have the ingredients in the cupboard. You obviously showed great wisdom to your family (in a non meddling sort of way)and they obviously listened - well done. Keep it up.

Gabby said...

Congrats on another great week's loss. You are doing so well.

I have been with WWA now for over 18 months and find it really motiviates me to keep my steps up. Into the Walk around Turkey challenge also - see you on the standing boards Zanna. p.s. my sign in name is GMAC05

Esther said...

Hi there! Thanks for your lovely comments as always xox

I can totally empathise re the family problems, being one of nine we have had our fair share of disputes! Similar to you, we are all super close - I speak to at least 3 of my sisters every day and the rest at least once a fortnight.

I think that as we have "evolved" as a family - its become obvious how different we all are. We think differently, live differently and definately do not agree on everything. The point of all this is - thats OK. You just have to keep talking through problems and eventually the waters will calm.

As for the sore ears, speaker phone is a must!!! I am used to being the meat in the sanga so I totally get where your coming from. Thinking of you xox

jen said...

Congrats on another great week.......and 5 weeks with alcohol thats awesome!!!
I do the fruit and jelly thing too....my lifesavers they!!
Keep up the effort .... you are doing so well, even under duress with your family upset...!!

Jen

PersistentGirl said...

You're showing grace under pressure. Good on you for showing such consistency. Love the desserts!

It sounds like you are the peacemaker of the family; hope this week is less stressful for you.

Christine (Australia) said...

Hi Zanna, Another great loss - you are doing so well! Congratulations - all of your persistance and hard work is paying off.. Love the idea of the jelly and fruits, yummo!

Jocelyn said...

Wow Zanna you are really doing well. I love how you are so organised about your snacks. Might have to give your example a try, because it obviously works.

Glad to hear you got the family problems sorted, its hard with families sometimes!

Hope you have another great week :-)

maria said...

If I made ready-to-go jelly snacks like that, my husband would kiss me (for days). I provide him with lots of good food but I never get around to his favourite jelly! What a great idea for the whole family, thank you Zanna! When I first saw the crackers/sour cream/salsa.. I thought they were pikelets with jam and cream! Thanks for writing about lovely snacks that are low points. I'm very new to WW and I'm slowly realising I CAN eat tasty, satisfying food & lose weight. You are doing so well, good on you! I can also relate re: family and 'phonathons' because of conflict. It's good that your recent situation isn't the norm, but it's true, it can happen easily. I do thank you for visiting my blog :) Have a good week :)

Suzy said...

Yummo to those snacks! Far healthier than the ones I have been having lately. It is so easy to slip back into bad habits. You are doing a wonderful job.
Family problems can be SO stressful.

Anne said...

Great loss - you are on a roll. Well done on no alcohol for 5 weeks.

I do diet jellies - half water and half natural yoghurt, really nice for a treat.

The Candid Bandit said...

I think Im going to join you on the non alcohol band wagon.

The fruit and jelly idea is fantastic! I love organisation like this!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words on my blog Zanna, I finally found 5 mintues to come visit yours.
You're doing very well even with family problems attempting to throw a spanner in the works.
Love the low point snack ideas, might have to make myself some of those yummy Jellies. Well done on keeping the lid on the alcohol bottles......you're looking good girl!

maria said...

Me again! I have made the sour cream and salsa snacks every day for myself and I've mentioned them on my blog with a photo too (giving all credit to you). Yesterday I bought some plastic containers and made some jelly/fruit snacks too (they will be published later.. and I'll mention you again)! Thanks again for the idea's and being a positive influence! :-)

lg said...

Glad to hear the family issue is being resolved - I love the ease of email but it truly can be misunderstood - sometimes you just can't pick up on the intonations of what people are saying and then BAM - misunderstandings galore.

Well done on the alcohol - That is a really great feat particularly under stressful conditions

Cassie said...

Thank you so much for the regular comments, you are fantastic! you have actually kept me focussed more so than I would have been without your thoughts.. thank you again.

As for Deja Vu - i was the same.. it finished and I was like 'but how.. but why?' LOL but it was still a great movie.

Hope you have had a fantastic week and that your walking challenge is going well. Hoping the family have sorted themselves out and things are running smoothly. It's hard being so far away from family when things like this happen.

Take Care