LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, January 22, 2007

Just baby steps!

Well, third week over and another virtuous one. My loss this week was 400g – see what I mean about baby steps! Once again though the scales are playing with my head. Saturday and Sunday I was down 900g but back to just 400g this morning. As I think I have said already I’m in the midst of ‘many pauses’ and had a pause for the past three months but on Friday that changed so I got all excited and figured that was the reason for the little loss last week and supposed that this week would be a decent one – and it was until this morning. Ah well c’est la vie. I’m still feeling positive and the overall important thing is that I have lost 2.1kgs in the last 3 weeks. Just means that I’m travelling at 5mph instead of 50! Review of the week Alcohol – None - are you dazzled by the shine from my halo? Points – On or under Track – Faithfully Walk – 6 days out of 7 Steps – averaged just under 8,500 per day again – had a couple of days at workshops which makes moving around difficult. Water – managing 2 litres per day without too much hassle It’s funny but I’m not that disheartened – guess I’ve never been one of those people who lose that quickly – and as has been said on a few blogs last week it’s really all about where your head is at and at the moment mine is firmly focussed on doing whatever I have to do to get rid of these kilos. So I just feel like – Ok bring on next week. No 1 son, DIL and two grandsons arrived back on Friday afternoon – all well but exhausted. They all came down to us last night and we had a BBQ on the deck and heard all their stories and some pictures too. No 2 son is still with us so it was just perfect to have them all together. Probably the last chance for a while as No 2 son departs for UK via Melbourne this Saturday. Bloss’s eye surgery went well. He has a week off work as he needs to avoid dust and we work in a very dusty environment and he also has four lots of drops to put in four times a day. Anyway he’s promising to catch up on all sorts of chores round the place – we’ll see!! The travellers had been given a CD from my brother and wife as a going away present and my brother told them to let me hear it as I’d probably want to get it. Have only heard it briefly but think I’m going to love it – a young guy from Paisley apparently, by the name of Paolo Nutini and the album is called These Streets. Hairdresser this week – had it cut a couple of weeks ago and have gone for a shorter style which just needs the fingertips through it – anyway time for a colour again – going to go quite a bit lighter with lots of blonde foils – might even show you a picture next week. Till then – hope everything is well in everyone’s world and that you all have a week of good choices.

14 comments:

jen said...

Keep up the baby steps....slowly but surely it WILL move..
I don't hop on any scales other than the ww ones...I find it does my head in with my weight constantly all over the place during the week...
Have a great week....and heyyyyyy love the halo!!!

Jen

Lainey said...

Paolo is pretty big here. Not really my cup of tea but he's gone down a storm with the gals of the country. He's got a really stong weegie accent too.

Well done on the loss. I'm with you on small losses. Anything is better than nothing.

Nancy Bou said...

Hi

You are right we are blogging twins!

Good job on the weight loss. Remember they recommend loosing weight slowly but surely.

Have a great week

xx

PersistentGirl said...

Keep up the great work and the fab attitude! Remember, to lose 1kg per week requires a 1000 calorie per day deficit - that is huge especially for women - so in my book a few hundred grams loss is quite normal indeed it is something to celebrate!

michelle said...

baby steps add up to big numbers if you persist. You are really focused so youwill get where youwant. Good luck with the hair. Photos are a must!!

Christine (Australia) said...

3 losses in 3 weeks - those baby steps are definitely something to be proud of! Love your positive attitude Zanna..

Julie's Journey said...

Losses are losses - congratulations
Dont forget the new photos of hair Im sure it will help (dont ask me how I just know it does). Love the mind's picture of you with your halo, I think mine is a bit tarnished at the moment. Have a good week.

Anonymous said...

Nice halo Zanna! Your achievements this week are fantastic and if you keep it up there is no doubt you'll be successful.

I've always struggled with the slowness of my weight loss too... it's so frustrating to work so hard but not lose as quickly as you'd like. One thing that has really helped me the last couple of weeks is reading Shauna's archives on www.dietgirl.org. She has lost an insane amount of weight, but it's taken her six years to do it... just goes to show that a positive attitude and persistence goes a long way :o)

I think you are doing fabulously!

Hope you have a great day :o)

xoxo

Erica said...

looks like all in all you had a really good week hun, keep at it coz all of those 0.4's will add up to lots of kg's!

... Erica x

Leighanne said...

You are doing great!!
Love the halo:)

Gabby said...

Baby steps are the way to go! They really do all add up to a postive result. Well done - be proud you deserve it.

Anne said...

Great post - needed to be reminded about the baby steps - thanks:)

Suzy said...

You are doing really well Zanna. Remember slow and steady and it will stay off.

Pam said...

Thanks for your comment on my post of last week. If you read yesterday's, I apologise now for my remark about the colour orange. I might make an exception for blog backgrounds!