LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, January 08, 2007

So how’d I go?

Well, the start of another week. But first a reflection on the one that’s gone. I said I would : Not drink any alcohol – and I didn’t Walk at least four times – and I walked six times Stay on points – and I did – even a bit under a few times Track every day – and I did this too Drink at least 2 litres water every day – and I did and consequently had to get up at least once, usually twice every night! In addition I wore my pedometer for six out of the seven days and clocked up an average of just over 9,000 steps a day for the six days so I’m pretty happy with that. I’ve also joined the Easter Eviction Challenge – see the link on the sidebar, so I’ve got a multitude of little prompts and incentives happening. And the scales said ………… a loss of 1.6kgs and I’m ecstatic with that. It’s been a good week for me – I do like to be in control and when I eat and drink properly I feel so much better and it’s like I’m in the driving seat not being driven by these impulses and notions that make me want to eat the wrong things, have a wine, not bother going for a walk etc. I’ve had two meals out this week and conducted myself admirably both times –just made clever choices from the menu. On the walking front – I got an MP3 player for my birthday and I’ve collected a group of good walking tracks and put them all in a folder. I find that walking to fast music really gets you going in a way that you don’t without it and makes you continue even when you’re struggling ‘cos you just think you’ll make it to the end of the track. And of course the other Zanna thinks it’s absolutely brilliant! On the blogging front I made a decision that in 2007 I would cease lurking (as some of you know I do comment but not on nearly as many as I read). Anyway I’ve been sprinkling little comments far and wide and the result is fantastic – I get all these wonderful comments back. Just goes to show, as my Granny used to say, you reap what you sow!! What’s also been delightful is how many of you have welcomed me back with open arms – thank you all. On the family front – No 1 son, DIL and two grandsons are currently in Scotland visiting my family (Mum, sister and brother) and are due back in about 10 days – have really missed them. No 2 son returned from his world travels in August and since then has been working all over Australia on shutdown work and based himself with us in between jobs – in reality he’d be home for a couple of days or a week then gone again. However he’s bought another couple of investment properties and has been renovating them ready to rent so has been with us for about 6 weeks now – really lovely. What has been gratifying is that all the hard work I put in to him as a wee laddie is still very evident – helps prepare tea, clears up the dishes, does his own washing, and is generally very considerate. Mind you his room is still like a bomb site but I just shut the door! He leaves again on 25th of this month, heads to Melbourne to spend a couple of days with his father then flies out to London on 30th for probably about 12 months. He’ll be based in London and working there – easy for him as he has two passports – European since he was born there and Australian through his father. Ok waffled on long enough and I’d better go and do what I’m paid for. Hope everyone is also having a good week and let's all stick to our promises again!

8 comments:

Sue said...

Wow, what a great result this week!

Anne said...

You must be thrilled with that loss - well done!!

Gabby said...

WOOHOO Zanna, what a fantastic start to 2007.

I totally agree with you about about coming out of the lurking cardboard - it is so nice to hear from others. I always felt others said it so much better than me, however, like you 2007 will see me popping in and leaving a few more comments. Yes you do get back what you put out, it is so lovely.

Gabby:)

Christine (Australia) said...

Congratulations Zanna, what a great effort you put in and you got the results! I'm wearing my pedometer this week too - am aiming for 10,000 steps each day. Keep up the fantastic work and have a great week!

PersistentGirl said...

Zanna, thanks for the comments on my blog! I was wondering when you were going to update your blog! :)

Sounds like you are definitely in the driver's seat. That's a really good way of putting it. Even though it seems hard at first, it does feel so much better once we're in control. I look forward to seeing your journey over the months ahead.

Anonymous said...

Well done Zanna! That is a fantastic loss! You are certainly doing everything right.

Jocelyn said...

Woo hoo Zanna, great result this week. Keep up the good work!

jen said...

Wowwwwwww well done Zanna...what a fantastic effort...good on ya!!

Jen