LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, January 05, 2009

HMS Resolution sets sail

Zanna boarded HMS Resolution on January 1 and has set sail on a mission to lose 10kgs. The start to the mission has been plagued by several drawbacks but is managing to continue nonetheless. Yep thats me guys - actually resolutions work quite well for me - I like the order of a plan and a starting point with a definite goal. The only additional requirement is to have my head in the right place. Not sure that its quite there yet but I am working on it and hoping it will all come together. The past four weeks with my family here have been an eating and drinking fest - drinks and nibbles on the deck every afternoon and dining out so many times over the past few weeks. And while I have at times made the sensible choice - at other times its just been what I felt like! However I stood on the scales on New Years Day and that marks my starting point on the mission which Im calling Counting to Ten. So wish me bon voyage! On reflection the last 18 months has been maintaining between holidays but gaining a bit whilst on holidays so of course when theres not a losing spell in there the overall situation is a gain. So inch by inch, gram by gram its been creeping on and with the onset of menopause most of its round my middle!! Anyway today is Monday - back to work after four days off - Christmas and New Year behind me and my family leaving to go home on Thursday. So Im planning to continue my mission (even though the next four days are going to be a bit dodgy) and will make my weigh in day Thursdays. OK me hearties - this is a bit of a rambling pensive post but wishing you all a great year in 2009 and hope it has many wonderful things in store for you all. Will finish with a few photos of us all over Christmas, inlcuding some of the wonderful ones my son and DiL gave me. Talk soon Love Z xx
Posted by Picasa
Bloss, me, my sister and Mum at the Australian Outdoor Spectacular Girls at the pub! At the top of Mount Cootha
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Apple2Hourglass said...

Gosh the one of the boys in the kilts is soooooo cute. What a great idea.
Good luck on your mission, i'm on the same one - 10 kilos must go and sooner rather than later. We can do this - we've done it before - all the best for 2009!
Thanks for your support in the past and I look forward to sharing your journey again this year.

Julie's Journey said...

May the HMS Resolution find fair weather on her journey.

Those boys in kilts - what cuties!

Margaret said...

Good luck with your resolutions. I hope that you achieve your goals

Ship Ahoy

Nola said...

You are looking mighty hot in those pictures:) I love the photo of the boys in the kilts with their backs to us....gorgeous!! Good luck with the resolutions:)

Lainey said...

Happy New Year!

The pics look fab and the boys in kilts are gorg! They look right at home in them.

I'd wish you luck with the 10kg but I have a feeling you are going to do it no problem!

Wishing you lots of love and happiness for 2009. x

Chris H said...

Hi chick! Good luck on the losing 10 mission, I'm sure you can do it. I love the photo of the two boys looking out at the water.. precious.

Anne said...

Especially love the photo of the two boys looking out to water with their kilts. All the photos are just beautiful. What cute kids!

I'm in such a similar place to you, maintaining, then gain so everytime I maintain again it's at a higher level! And like you, it's around my middle:-(

Wishing you all the best for 2009 and thanks for the support you gave me in 2008!

maria said...

'Bon Voyage'... wishing you all the best as your count down on that 10kg journey. You'll feel so light and lovely at the end of it! :)

P.S. I just love the photo's you posted here!