LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, January 09, 2009

Question 3

What are you best at? What's the one thing that you really excel at? Is it talking to people, tap dancing thinking positively or mud wrestling? I think the answer to this one is organizing and in particular organizing people – actually Bloss calls this manipulating! But I do have the ability to get people to do what I want/need them to do. I remember once someone telling me that I should be in sales as they reckoned I could sell ice to Eskimos. So how do I get people to do what I want – I guess by selling them the/my idea so that they think it’s a good idea. I also am a bit of a people watcher and try to understand what makes someone tick so that when I’m ‘selling my idea’ I know what buttons to push to get them on side. I also don’t have a need to shout from the rooftops that it was my idea – for me the important thing is that I’m getting what I need. I had lots of practice of this with my Dad. Dad never really like being told what to do – so I’d plant the seed of an idea then just leave it for a while then occasionally ‘water’ it gently – by this time he’d be thinking it was his idea in the first place and bingo! Manipulative or persuasive – you choose!

4 comments:

Lainey said...

Loving the answers! I think persuasive is definitely the right description.

I'm not quite subtle enough to have that effect on people!

Lee-Anne said...

I'd have to agree that you are very organised.

Happy New Year and glad you had a great time with your family.

A bit of damage repair is order for a few of us I think.

Julie's Journey said...

Never ceases to amaze me how alike we are.

And by the way, it is not manipulation it just using the talents we have been born with....

maria said...

That makes sense.. I'd just say it was clever. It works for you! :) I think I have that in me too..(all you described) but I don't always succeed as I'm a much better writer than I am a talker.