LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, January 09, 2009

Question 4

What's your tried and tested dinner party menu? The one you know that's a winner and you can always rely on? We don’t do that much formal entertaining – having our huge deck and the weather that we do means that a lot of our entertaining takes the form of a BBQ. But if I had to whip up something in a hurry – I don’t usually bother with entrees – quite often have some dips and crackers while having a pre dinner drink – then in summer maybe baked salmon, steamed asparagus, honeyed carrots with baby boiled potatoes or in winter home made steak pie with ‘smashed’ potatoes and steamed green vegies. Sweets – if I’m energetic I do a mean lemon meringue pie or apple tart or if I’m not then meringue shells with a blob of whipped cream and either raspberries au naturel or sliced strawberries marinated in something wicked like cointreau – or as I did at Christmas and they were to die for – Bundaberg rum liqueur – mmmmmmm! Week 2 of Counting to Ten and I managed to add another 700 grammes to the total. My food intake has been spot on and I started back at the gym on Monday and its actually 5.15am now and im just about to head off for my third visit this week. I just havent quite mastered doing without a couple of white wines of an evening so will work on that next week. OK my lovelies - have a great week Love Z xx

3 comments:

Anne said...

Your summer menu sounds like me! Wished you lived closer!

Great work! Do you reckon we can make 2009 our year!

Nola said...

Sacrifice something else rather than the white wine:)
You are doing a fantastic job...especially over the "social season"

maria said...

700grams is great, good on you! Your tried-and-tested meals sound good too! :)