LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Day 15 of 100 day challenge - 85 days to go

Well as they often say - fake it till you make it. I've been kind of fakin this past couple of weeks but will say that it's starting to come together although nothing exciting happening on the scales yet which is starting to get to me. However I have managed to exercise 4 times this week and I now haven't had any alcohol for two weeks so feel like it's all getting back in the groove. Just need the grammes to go!!! I wrote this paragraph yesterday but did my weigh in for the week this morning - I'm up 100g WTF!!!! Not a smiley face! But I've had a realistic think to myself - while I've had no alochol and managed to get in 4 exercise days - I haven't been tracking religiously - I don't think I've done anything too drastic but a quick mental track of the past two days shows me to be probably about 3 points over each day and for me to lose I need to be spot on. So the plan for the week ahead is to stick with the no alcohol and increase the exercise, plus track and weigh. One positive thing is that my boobs are no longer painful.

Had Josh and Curtis staying overnight last night - we had a fun day yesterday - went walking to the park and to the shops - even saw a dugong in the river under the bridge - a truly unusual sight! Don't know what a dugong is? - then see below for a picture We saw a mother and calf (they are sometimes know as sea cows because they live on sea grass). Full grown adults weigh around 400kgs and are 3 to 4 metres long. Then in the afternon we went four wheel driving down on the beach and tried a spot of fishing - Curtis too little and Josh lasted about 10 minutes and no fish to be seen anyway but fun nonetheless.




Now some photos of the boys as we were at the park, and the last one - Curtis has a real thing about putting the waste paper bin from the study on his head!










Posted by Picasa
Sad to see the Biggest Loser end - have really enjoyed it and liked all three of the finalists and would have been happy to see any one of them win. Loved the expression of delight and surprise on Sam's face - and was totally gobsmacked to see Alison - she must have worked like a demon on her bottom half after getting out of the house - she was indeed a yummy mummy and a damn nice person too I reckon.



Went To Rockhampton on Thursday for the scan of my leg and took the opportunity to have just a wee look at the shops!! Goldmark had a sale on - and I just adore watches so got this little number at half price - only $69 - kind of a crummy photo - coudn't hold the camera steady enough to get a proper close up.

Other news - this year's holiday is to Vietnam - flights booked - had enough frequent flyer points to do most of them. We fly to Brisbane/Sydney/Ho Chi Minh on Saturday 26 July and head back again on Wednesday 6 August giving us 10 nights there. I'm having a bit of fun planning where we'll actually go while there and lucky enough to still have No 2 son here who spent some time in Vietnam on his world travels. It's looking like arriving in Ho Chi Minh (Saigon) then flying to Hanoi the next morning, two nights there, then a two day/one night boat trip to Halong Bay - staying overnight on a junk. Back to Hanoi fly to Nha Trang on the coast for 3 nights then fly back to Saigon for a final three nights. This means missing out on the Mekong Delta and Cambodia - Phnom Penh and Angkor Wat but if we headed south and did that we were going to end up spending more of our holiday in Cambodia than Vietnam so might save that for another trip.

And this means that we leave on holiday on day 97 of the challenge so I'd better get a move on! So the plan this week is to be super squeaky clean - and counting and weighing every morsel - let's go girls!

Love Z xx

6 comments:

Lee-Anne said...

Glad everything is starting to come together for you. I'm sure you'll get a loss this week.

How exciting planning for your next holiday. This past 12 months has flown by and you've been a very frequent traveller so glad you've been able to use them. Reminds me I have to get Col joined up as we're planning on doing a bit of travelling from now on.

I think the dugong looks cute - in a funny sort of way. Must have been exciting for the little ones.

Have a great week.

Anne said...

Keep at it!! I believe being consistant is the key, well I hope that's the answer!

Never heard of a dugong! Must show our grandies the photo.

Another trip - would love to go to Vietnam! Our trip this year is to Melbourne to catch up with my friend, Peter's sister.. thought it was about time we went, last visit was over 25 years ago!

Cute photos of the kids. Oh and you are still in Summer clothes over there - not fair:-(

Chris H said...

I love the watch! Vietnam.. you do go to some outlandish places girl! Got good shops there??? LOL

maria said...

You're looking great, I'm really liking the stage your hair is at the moment. Your face looks so slim too!

Lovely watch.. and photo's of the boys. I was excited to read about the flights booked for the Vietnam trip. I'll be especially interested to learn about the food over there and your impressions!

Good on you for all that exercise! I hope you have a lovely rest-of-the-week,

Cheers,
M. xx

Em said...

Important thing is that you are aware so from here on the road will be great for you just know it....lovely to spend time with your little ones..I have never seen a dugong, showed my younger ones and they were like awsome mum lol... I agree with you on the BL Alison looked fantastic.....how exciting to be so close to another holiday ...have a great week x

Doug Bagley said...

Happy Mothers' Day!