LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Day 22 of 100 day challenge - 78 days to go

Hear that squeak - that's how good and clean I've been this week. Have to say that there's been no formal exercise but nonetheless a fair amount of incidental running around. Still no alcohol although I was very tempted with it being Mother's Day etc, but I remember that I get a bugger of a headache when I have a couple after a big break and I've got a big day at work tomorrow and that last thing I need is to have to cope with a headache. It's Sunday as I write this so will do my weight in tomorrow morning and let you know how I've gone then post this.
6.20am - 1kg down for the week and needless to say I'm very happy about that. Challenge ahead for this week is being away from home for most of it and trying to count and keep up the focus.!

I'm having a lovely Mothers Day - No 2 son called at 7.45am from No 1 son's house where he stayed last night, singing a little song about wonderful mums. Then when he arrived home mid morning he brought me a box of Ferrero Rocher chocs (I've eaten only one and counted the points!), half a dozen red roses and the homemade card below which I've scanned. It reduced me to tears. No 1 son and family are coming down tomorrow night for tea - they had another function to attend today. Tonight No 2 son is shouting tea - Chinese - yummo!



And just in case you can't read it -
I may be far from home many times,
But for the past 10 weeks I've made yours mine
Thankyou for having me
I cherish every moment
Your the GREATEST
Your loving son
Clive xoxxo



Hair is getting longer and starting to wear it in front of my ears now. Got a new Vidal Sassoon hair straightener when I was in Rockhampton last week - makes life so much simpler. Took this with my phone while in the car.

I've been flat chat at work all week - had my coaching session for my FLDP course - got huge raps from the facilitator - really happy with what I've done - it's 98% complete with 3 weeks still to go and easily up to diploma standard he said. I head off to Brisbane on Wednesday afternoon this week for the surgery on my leg, so I've been frantically trying to get everything up to date at work as I'm off for two and a half weeks. Fortunately I can log on remotely from home to our work network so I can keep a few tabs on what's happening - though I'm not silly - I won't be trying to do too much! So next week's entry will be a couple of days late. I get out of hospital on Friday morning and stay with a friend in Brisbane until Monday afternoon before I'm allowed to fly home. I get to wear a beautiful specially measured support stocking complete with belt ties - oooh so sexy!

Looks like No 2 son is also heading off first thing Wednesday for the next job - Brazil this time so extra special to have had him here for Mother's day. Talked to my Mum on the phone last night - she's doing tremendously well after the hip op - she's off to Spain tomorrow morning for a week with a couple of friends - just chasing a bit of sunshine and sangria!! Don't know if I told you that mum, my sister and brother in law are coming to Oz for a month at Christmas - so plenty to look forward to.

That's the news from me for this week. Hope everyone's having a great week.
Love Z xx

7 comments:

Chris H said...

sometimes (JUST SOMETIMES) our kids can be nice!!! Your son's sound lovely Anne, and I love that photo of you! Your hair straight looks neat!

Jocelyn said...

Such a lot of lovely news in your post today, brought a smile to my face, except for the bit about your surgery, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that all goes very smoothly and quickly for you.

Take care

Joc xxx

Lee-Anne said...

What a wonderful and thoughtful card. I love it when they do special things like that.

I'm sure the surgery will go nice and smoothly and you'll back on your feet and ready for your next adventure in Vietnam.

Anne said...

It's lovely when kids come up with something like those words in the card. I had some thoughtful ones too.

Well done on the kilo down!! Have another great but what sounds like challening week:-)

Julie's Journey said...

You look so glamorous in the photo. New hair do suits. I love my straightener too and wonder what I ever did without it. Good luck with your surgery.

maria said...

My eyes went watery as I read the card too! Right now, you'd be convalescing at your friends place in Brisbane. My sister lives in Stafford on the Northside.

I do hope the op went well and you aren't in too much pain. I wish you well as you travel home next week and congrats on being so squeaky clean good and hence that awesome weight loss! ;-)

Anne said...

Hope the surgery went well:-)