LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I'm OK

Just a quick post to let you all know that the surgery went well and I'm back home sitting with my feet up.

I flew to Brisbane last Wednesday, dropped one bag off with my friend R, then headed for the apartment I'd booked for the night - right across the road from the hospital. I had to be at the hospital by 6am on Thursday. The admitting process was fairly straightforward and before I knew it I was flat on my back in theatre around 8.20am. Don't really remember much else till I was back up in my room - that was around 10ish I think. Had very little pain from the surgery but don't do too well with anaesthetic - had forgotten this since it's over 20 years since I last had any surgery. Anyway I was really nauseous and ended up throwing up a few times but they gave me a few potions in my drip which eventually did the trick. By Friday morning I was allowed to get up to go to the loo - thank heavens!, then had a shower, got dressed (my surgeon had been in earlier) and then I caught a cab to R's place. I had a lovely relaxing weekend with her and her husband - and I have to confess that the 100day challenge took a bit of a backseat - not so much on the eating but I did have a couple of wines over the weekend - it had been a long time since we'd got together!

I flew home on Monday and I'm now living like Lady Muck for the next two weeks before I go back to work. I have to wear the dreaded stocking - it's actually not too bad and it's only around bedtime that it starts to rub a bit. I have two bigger scars - one in my groin and one behind my knee - both healed externally already with internal dissolving stitches (this was the vein he stripped) and then I have lots of little nicks which did have steritape on them where the ugly vein was removed. Anyway all is good just lots of bruising. I'm only allowed to be active in short increasing spells - had to start with only about 5 minutes walking. I mustn't stand for any length of time and have to keep my foot elevated when I'm sitting. This is harder than it sounds because most of the time I'm painfree and I have to remember to take it easy.

Weightwise I'm holding steady and back on the 100day challenge again.

Thankyou to those of you who sent me your kind wishes - and the virtual flowers which Maria sent me


Gift sent by Maria

And then there was this lovely basket from my team at work

And there was this lovely bunch from our friend H

Posted by Picasa

I'm a fortunate lady to have so many people caring about me. Have a great week everyone

Love Z xx


5 comments:

Chris H said...

Lovely flowers, glad all went well chick! Enjoy the time off!!

Julie's Journey said...

Take it easy and rest and enjoy it. Hope you continue to heal quickly. Lovely flowers.

Jocelyn said...

So glad to hear things went well and that you are recovering happily.

Strangest dream last night, I spent hours talking to you on the phone about all sorts of things. When I woke up it seemed so real lol.

Keep well

Joc
xxx

Anne said...

Pleased to hear all went well. Rest up and make sure you enjoy the time of:-)

Anonymous said...

Glad it all went really well for you. Enjoy being a lady of leisure for a couple of weeks :)