LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, October 29, 2007

Do you think there's a convention on?

Well guys, I'm getting the feeling that there is a big out of town convention being held at the moment - and the audience you ask? I think it's being held especially for that special part of our psyche called 'motivation'. It seems to me that there's an awful lot of us in Blogland who can't find our motivation at the moment and I reckon it's because they've all left town to go to the Motivation Convention. Now while this makes life incredibly difficult for us right now, we need to focus on the positives from this situation. When the convention is over, all our motivations are going to return with a vengeance filled with new vim, vigour, ideas and staying power. Now won't that be good!

But far out, I bloody wish this convention would finish soon!!!

So yes people I'm struggling too. I haven't fallen off the rails but I'm just hanging by my fingernails - and it's bloody lucky I wear false ones or I'd never be able to stay on. I haven't had a really bad week - in fact the weekdays were pretty good food, water and alcohol wise but a fair few drinkies on the weekend, constant munchies too and whilst I didn't go wild with the biscuit tin, bread bin or cake box, I just ate my way through a heap of fruit - but it was still all extra points. So it's Monday again and I'm back up on the rails and just trying to take it a day at a time. What's disheartening for me is that if I don't stay virtually 100 per cent on track then not only do I not lose, I actually start to fluctuate upwards some days. And as for exercise - well I just can't seem to get going. I'm going to try and push myself to do something this week as I know that once I get going I feel great and it becomes self perpetuating.

And now since everyone says they like to see photos on posts (and I'm no exception) but couldn't think of anything exciting to take a photo of and I was at work with limited resources - so here's the best I could come up with.



Me in my office wearing my "Miss Moneypenny' glasses. Bit of story here - when I bought these glasses (just magnifiers) I referred to them as my Miss Moneypenny glasses as I thought I looked like the famous Miss Moneypenny of the James Bond movies. Now as some of you may know the actress who played Miss M died recently and when I checked out some of the old pics on google - guess what she didn't even wear glasses. But for me the name stays with these glasses! And yes my hair looks flat and boring but get a root perm next week (could say something cheeky and naughty here but will restrain myself)


And this is a view of my office - note that I'm a bit of a plant lover and my walls are adorned with pictures of places we've been on holiday. I tell people that these pics remind me of why I'm here - so I can go there!!! Also note the water jug and glass - such a little angel aren't I?

Ok sweet ones, nothing else exciting to report so I'm off to walk with Zanna - isn't that a clever girl? Have a good week and if anyone sees signs of that convention ending please let me know and I'll lay out the red carpet and hang up a sign to welcome my motivation back!!!

Love
Z xx

14 comments:

Lainey said...

Well helloooo!

So sorry I've been so quiet of late. I've not really been commenting on anyone's blogs.

I'm too busy being single and going out all the time!

Please don't think for a mo that you've offended me in any shape or form!

Will try and be better at keeping in touch!

lainey x

Anonymous said...

Hey there

Im loving the glasses very nice.

I know what you mean about the motivation thing, i just cant come up with anything to blog about.

Chris H said...

Nice glasses .. very "swish"... nice tidy office, love the plants ... I kill plants with neglect...hence I have plastic flowers in my house! You will see!

Em said...

hi.... hope some of what motivation I have atm rubs off ..... I would like to grow my hair but I get fed up with it after a few weeks and especially when dear daughter says mum ur getting the carol brady look lol..... take care

Gabby said...

Hi there Zanna

Love the new look blog and the glasses are fantastic. My new pair are on their way this week :)
My arms are not longer enough any more.

When you find that motivation, send some my way please.

Gabby

Suzy said...

Love the glasses and your office is gorgeous.:-)

maria said...

What an interesting way to look at it.. the motivation convention! Well put!

I'm glad you posted these photo's as it's something we've not seen before - your little office space looks cosy and personal! Have a great week - you are doing a great job considering it doesn't take much for your scales to go up. Your dedication shows!

And I can handle the "root perm" reference.. especially after that email... (pffffft LOL)!

P.S. The Moneypenny Magnifiers suit you!

Anne said...

Can relate to you post - the motivation convention. I either have or I don't! Like you I have to be 100% on track or the scales will let me know!

Anonymous said...

Hi Z!

I know exactly what you mean with the exercise... once you start doing it regularly, it becomes addictive, but if you let it go for too long between workouts it's so hard to go back! I always just try to force myself to go three times, knowing that by the end of the third I'll remember how good endorphins feel and want to keep exercising :)

Hope your motivation comes back soon! Maybe it was inspired by all those beautiful pictures on your office walls! ;)

xoxox

Lyn said...

Yes we do love photos!! Even just everyday photos ... photos, photos, photos!! Very cool! Thanks for posting!

Gabby said...

Thanks so much for calling by Z - it was so lovely to hear from you.
"sigh" it was so nice to read your lovely comments.


I have been a bit of lurker for a few months now, so have been keeping track of you :) Love all this travelling. I have been feeling bad about myself, but having broken out and actually posted feeling much better and strangely connected again.

So time to get my act together again and get back on track. Time to be accountable for my actions

Will keep in touch :) I read you are coming to NZ...

Gabby

Sienna said...

You binged on fruit? Things could be worse!! My fingernails are chewed. I have just ordered an arylic kit off ebay.....

Lee-Anne said...

I think the conventions over now.

I understand where you're coming from with regard to the 100%. If you give in an inch the scales are not so forgiving. I'm the same. But I don't mind taking the odd step back for a good sauv blanc as long as I also manage a few steps forwards as well.

You do have a nice tidy desk. Just looking at mine and I have paper all over the place. But I always clear it by the end of the day.

Just another thing if you're near Rotorua while in NZ let me know. Would nice to share a sauv with you.

Julie's Journey said...

So that's where it went - a convention! Hope it comes home soon along with everyone else's.