LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Can't quite reach it!

You know that space you need to be in to eat healthily without thinking about it and be focussed and embrace exercise with joy.

I started off the week with great intentions and was great for a couple of days then life got in the way and I wandered a bit. Not too far since I've stayed the same this week but I'm annoyed with myself - that's a waste of a week. But anyway another one has started - me with a gastric bug so I'm actually sitting up in bed typing this and drinking lots of fluids - water mostly. I've had a funny tummy with the associated trips to the little room since yesterday but since I wasn't sick or in pain I just ate as normal but then last night I had to get up a couple of times in the night and again first thing this morning and so decided that I'd give my tummy a chance to work out it's problems and stay home and just have fluids for 24 hours.

We had another full on week with Josh's 6th birthday on Wednesday and on the weekend with our visitors from WA - it was so lovely to finally meet Bloss's brother. His wife I had already met but hadn't got to know her properly and the same with their children - only the younger two came (12 and 15) but top kids. So there was a lot of sitting around on our deck talking and drinking cups of coffee and then later in the day glasses of wine. Then on Wednesday the dog was sick - she had been off colour on Tuesday night and when I got up to walk with her at 5am on Wednesday she just wasn't well - we only walked a little way and she kept stopping and looking at me and finally stopped right in front of me as if to say ' Hey ma, I can't do this today' so we headed for home. I came home from work mid morning and took her to the vet and a couple of needles, some medicine, and $100 later she was OK thankfully - he reckoned it was gastric - do you think that's where I got mine!!!! But at least I did get up and walk 3 days last week so things are improving.

I think I'll set myself up with a bit of a challenge. I've worked out that it's 50 days tomorrow till we leave for NZ so that's a nice round 'make a difference' kind of a number. I won't aim for a specific weightloss - my aim will be to to be on points, track, exercise, drink lots of water and leave off the alcohol till then and I know that I'll then get an accompanying satisfying loss on the scales.

As I say in my side bar I'm hoping to have my first ever blogger meeting when I'm there with Chris H and Anne and anyone else they manage to round up. We haven't quite firmed up the schedule yet but it looks like we could be in Palmerston North on Monday 3 December (Chris I'll email you soon and sort out what we'll be doing) and Anne - hoping madly that you're around then too. I'm not sure where all the rest of you are - I still do a fair bit of lurking from time to time - so if you lurk too - come out the woodwork and maybe we can catch up briefly. At this stage I think we'll be in Auckland for a couple of days, then down to Taranaki, then to Palmerston North then probably back to Auckland for another day or so. Leave me a comment if you'd like to catch up or email me on anni.porter@gmail.com .

Ooohh getting quite excited at the thought of another trip - maybe this will kickstart my A into G!!!

Just bought a wig on Ebay - I'm toying with the idea of letting my hair grow a bit - haven't had longer hair since I was 14 - my face shape then (round) and the fact that my hair is so fine and not really plentiful meant it looked pretty ordinary. Anyway thinking I might persevere and try something a bit different and my hairdresser suggested getting a wig to give me some idea of whether or not I'd like it.

I got this one for $22 - don't think it's me - it seems to sit further forward on my head with my hairline - but I'll take it with me to R next time I go and maybe she can trim a few bits - don't care if it's U/S at the end of it, if it gives me any ideas on whether or not to try something different. R, my hairdresser has suggested a look like Susie Elelman who is apparently on one of the morning shows - she looks like this




So thinking this might be good - she obviously has fine hair and not a lot of it so similar to me. Might be the go - we'll see.

All right sweet ones - -I've waffled on long enough - wish me a leg up for the coming week (no not over - get your minds out of the gutter!) so I can reach that good space.

Love
Z xx

12 comments:

Yummy Mummy said...

Hope that you are feeling better soon!!
Sounds like you are going to have a blast in NZ!!

Chris H said...

Totally looking forward to seeing you in December mate! As for the hair, grow it, if ya hate it you can just chop it off again!

Sienna said...

I have just chopped ALL my hair off Zanna and I feel liberated!! A change really is what I needed. The wig looks gorgeous. Shit woman, with that head, you can pull anything off! (whoops, no pun intended about getting a leg over!!lol)
I'm sorry you and woofy aren't well... xxx

Julie's Journey said...

One of you definitely made the other ill! Sorry to hear you are bedbound again. Hairwise, mine is thin/fine too and I have tried to grow it but always get sick of it after a while and get it cut off although not as short as my photo anymore. Wish I could come to NZ with you but bad time of year workwise. Have a blast and we will catch up one way or the other.

Apple2Hourglass said...

The place where healthy eating and exercise are what? I thought that was like the Holy Grail - people have spoken of it happening but it's not real, is it? I've never been there! hehe
I better plan to take a life cleansing explorer trip after next week and try and find this elusive place. Let me know if you get there, maybe you could send back scout for me??

Jay said...

I just had a Thanksgiving weekend full of food - how can I possibly stay good during holidays?

Have a fun time, you deserve it.

maria said...

Do hope you get better soon!! You're the second person who has told me today they have something gastric. I was stunned when you said the pic's were Susie Elelman. She is an inspiration re: her weight loss and keeping it off all these years. And I didn't know she's blonde now! When she was overeweight with black hair.. her hair always seemed much thicker. I was amazed that you got a wig for so little! I bought a hair piece (pony tail) for $50 once.. from a wigmaker. I thought wigs were hundreds and hundreds of dollars..but maybe if they're real hair? I wish you the best as you grow your hair. Your NZ trip already sounds like it will be fantastic, especially if you meet up with other bloggers! :-)

Lee-Anne said...

I want that space of eating healthy without thinking about it every single day. 24/7, 365 days a year. Unfortunately there are the odd bumps, or potholes in the way that have to be gotten over or climbed back out of. What a shame.

I would love a catch up if you're by my way or even in the vicinity. I'm in Rotorua, which is about an hour from Taupo, an hour and a bit to Hamilton. It's central north island. Would love to share a nice glass of kiwi sauv blanc with you.

The Candid Bandit said...

I love that wig! Did you see the supplier I buy mine off now? look for the seller 'Beautycode' on eBay. The wigs start from .99cents and are the best I have ever bought.

I think you'd look amazing with Susie's hair. Especially that last picture of her.

Poor sausage, I hope the gastric bug has lifted and has flown over to me.. (kidding - kinda)

Anne said...

Hope you find that right space for you!! A bit like me life gets in the way, but as long as we cope most of the time:-)

I'm another one with fine hair - annoying!

Looking forward to catching you in NZ:-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sue said...

Here's a leg up for your week!
I might be able to get to Palmie if you're there in the weekend...