LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Day 7 of 50 day Challenge

UPDATE
Saw the doctor this morning - he's not sure so putting me through a few tests - first up had a cardiograph - that was all clear, then sent me for blood tests to check for helicobacter - should know those results by the weekend. Then if I'm still not right I've to have a gall bladder scan next week. Meantime he's put me on medication which should settle things down. Felt absolutely dreadful by the time I'd had all the tests - it was after 1pm and I hadn't had any lunch. So before going back to work I stopped off at home and ate my salad for lunch. Once that was down I felt heaps better and have felt much better all afternoon and still feeling not too bad tonight. So here's hoping it's going to clear up on it's own.


So far so good with my challenge - it's been a good week - I've managed to keep reasonably well on target with all my KRAs (work jargon - Key Result Areas!!)

7/7 Water - 2 Litres
7/7 On Points
7/7 Track
6/7 No alcohol
4/7 Exercise

Exercise is down because it rained one morning, I was hung over one morning and I've been not well again. Starting to feel like a 'moaning minnie' with my health lately. But in the early hours of yesterday morning wakened with a heavy head and the feeling that something was stuck in my throat/oesophagus which in turn made me feel quite nauseous. Still feeling like it today so have been lucky enough to score a cancellation with my doctor at 11.15am this morning so will see what he has to say - thinking it's either a recurrence of gastric reflux which I have only had once in the last five years (although this feels quite different - no pain as such) or maybe my gall bladder. But no point in trying to self diagnose - I'll see what the doc has to say.

Had a lovely weekend - the boys stayed over on Friday night and they're just both so much fun now - Josh now into playing board and card games and Curtis happy to play with toys for hours at a time. We all (Bloss too!) went for a walk on Saturday morning then their Dad picked them up. At night we went to the company awards night. We had a great time - I had a few wines (and since I hadn't had any for a while I had a buggar of a sore head on Sunday) but I also danced up a storm so managed to work most of it off. Foodwise I was excellent - there were nibbles like spring rolls, party pies etc and I just didn't touch them, then entree was trays of antipasto and once again I left alone. It was a buffet for mains and I had one potato, vegies and a piece of chicken with little or no sauce, and a piece of rare roast beef. And sweets - I have no idea - by the time they were available I was off being a social butterfly - lots of people to catch up with and I didn't gete round to having any.

So what does all this translate to - a loss of 900g this week so very happy about that.


This is me ready to head off to the Awards Dinner


A close up

And yet another one - pity my eyes are half shut - and no I'd had no alcohol at this point!

Posted by Picasa

Don't think I've much else to say at the moment. Things getting a bit hectic at work so will have to dash. Another area of the plant is having some process issues and have manned up accordingly but need someone to coordinate this influx of people and the attendant issues like accommodation, expenses, rosters - and my name was the one up in lights! (Actually the manager of that area apparently requested me - we've worked together in the past and he knows I'm an organiser)

So toodles my friends and have a great week - I'll update if the doc tells me anything spectacular!

Love
Z xx

12 comments:

Christine said...

Looking VERY good. Looks like you belong on the red carpet! :)

Chris H said...

Your symptoms sound nothing like gall bladder problems... I've had that! bad news. You are looking damn fine and splendid if I must say.... love the necklace! YOu always look so bloody swish, hope I don't look like a dag when you come over! I like me track pants and sloppy jumpers.... and sneakers! ha ha ha.

Julie's Journey said...

You sure are looking good. Hope you feel okay soon. You sound so on track!

The Candid Bandit said...

I love that top!

You look beautiful!

o you eer wear rusty orange lippie? I'd be interested to see it on you as you remind me of an old nail client of mine. She had the same colouring as you.

Leighanne said...

Sounds like a great night out!!
Hope all went well at the dr's:)

Chris H said...

Auckland... If we move/If we sell our house/if we get another one quick smart in Auckland, then YES you might be visiting me in Auckland!!!! All will be know TOMORROW!!!! Oh god I can't wait to know.... it's killing me!

Anne said...

Even if you aren't feeling too hot - you are looking stunning! Hope all is ok with the tests and you are soon feeling better. Take care:-)

Apple2Hourglass said...

Woot woo - you look HOT!!
Hope everything goes ok with your test results.

Em said...

Hope you are feeling better.....you look gorgeous ......

Sienna said...

Those photos are just gorgeous! I have just bought the new Fergie CD, and the song glamourous, well... it is the epitomy of you! I really love your style Zanna. It shows in your home, and the way you dress and present yourself.

Please don't worry about complaining. I want to tell you something my friend. Sometimes you have to realize that you aren't 18 anymore. Now, dont' get me wrong, you know what I think of you... I think you are a very fit, healthy vivacious lady, but sometimes the realization hits that you just can't push yourself like you used to! My Mum is just wonderful Zanna. She keeps a beautiful home, publishes and edits her own national magazine, and has an award winning garden. But in the last 10 years, she has come to the realization that she just can't acheive all that she used to in a day. She works out in the garden, and after 3 or 4 hours, she really is very sore and tired, and needs to come in, have a cool shower, a glass of red, and just relax.
You have a very busy lifestyle. All that work, and travel, not to mention a social life that would embarrass anyone half your age. Don't be so hard on yourself. These health issues will sort themselves out soon enough, and you will be feeling great in no time. But, take it EASY sweets, it won't hurt you to have a lazy day occassionally, have a sleep in, or spend a night at home on the couch with Bloss! Kisses to you, and a big cheek to cheek hug. I hope you feel better very, very soon.

maria said...

You're not a moaning-minnie! (First time I've heard of that expression too)!

I do wish you well..and that you will be able to find the reason for your ailments soon. Hopefully it will be something manageable, temporary.. easily fixable.. and it probably is.

I also woke up with similar oesophagus stuff this week.. I had pain every time I swallowed..but not in the throat.. it was in the tummy opening area.. like the 'trap door' that guides your food into your gut! I do have a bit of a hiatus hernia (I also had gastric ulcers many years ago and had that heliobacter..or whatever it is bug).

I was very proud of you reading your food choices.. they were nothing short of brilliant.. spot-on and admirable!! You deserved the 900grams -it goes without saying!

You looked sophisticated and like one hot lady. Having seen your before pictures a little while ago.. your transformation amazes me. That looked like a comfy outfit..and you are slim enough to carry it off. You inspire me :-D

Amy said...

Hi Zanna- I just really wanted to thank you for the lovely comments you are leaving on my posts. It really means a lot. Secondly the photos are fabulous!! Hope you are feeling better and all the test results come back good. Have a great weekend.xx