LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Anyone got Hair Fertiliser

Well after the response to my wig photos, it would appear that I need to fertilise my hair and get it to grow real fast so I can shed 10 years off my age!! Thanks for all your lovely comments - it's quite weird - when you put the wig on and look at yourself in the mirror it looks very false and wiggy, but when I saw the photos I was pleasantly surprised. I was at R, my hairdresser's on Saturday and took the wig along and she shortened the fringe a bit for me and thinned it out a bit on either side so it's even better now. So it's been well worth the money - it's given me a plan of what I want to do with my hair for a while - you know that it won't stay in any one style for too long - I get bored and want a change either in style or colour!

So anyway my real hair - is now being allowed to grow with just strategic trims but meanwhile has gone really blonde - good colour for summer and since I'm now quite golden after my solarium visits, the two blend quite well (even if I look 52 instead of the 42 I could look!!) Here's a couple of pics:


Posted by Picasa
Bloss wasn't around to the best I could do was take a picture of myself in the robe mirror in our bedroom.

Posted by Picasa
Look a bit washed out in this one - but I think it's the fact that I'm taking it myself and so the flash is really too close.
Now Kirsty had a good idea - she (like me) always reads the section at the end of the Slimming and Health magazine where they investigate a celebrity's shopping trolley. She listed what favourites you'd find in her trolley and invited us all to do likewise. So here goes
Weightwatchers Sour Cream - love this stuff - great on rice crackers with some salsa, and yummy with microwaved jacket potato.
Crunchy Combo Sprouts - you can buy these little punnets in both Coles and Woolworths now - a blend of sprouted peas, lentils and mung beans. Absolutely delicious in salads and if I get the munchies - sometimes a handful of these does the trick.
Gluten free Rice Crackers (the larger square ones) in original flavour. These are quite hard to get but are so tasty - the gluten free doesn't matter to me but I just love the taste. See above with the sour cream for how I like them.
WW Individual Ice Creams - love them all but my favourite is Cookies and Cream for only 1.5 points - a lovely after dinner treat
Seedless Grapes - I always have fruit and yoghurt for morning smoko - usually an apple or mandarin, a small Nestles yoghurt and 100g grapes
Wholemeal English Muffins - my favourite weekend breakfast - a poached egg (love them done in the microwave in the poacher gadget) served up in a muffin
WW Tuna - usual work day lunch for me is a massive salad - everything chopped up in a large containers - lettuce, tomato, all colours of capsicum, celery, radish, cucumber, crunchy sprouts, sugar snap peas, avocado, spring onion with flaked tuna or salmon, or maybe chopped up leg ham or chicken and occasionally a sprinkling of WW grated cheese.
Heaps of Fresh Vegies - I love vegies especially asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, bok choy, cabbage, brussel sprouts and then of course all the salad vegies I need for my lunches.
Frozen Vegies - for the nights I can't be bothered or have no time the prepacked bags of ready to microwave steamed vegies - not cheap but so quick and easy
Diet Pepsi or Soda with a Twist - for when I'm being a good girl and not having any alcohol - I'll have a couple of glasses of one of the above while I'm preparing and eating tea.

OK that's my top ten - carry on with Kirsty's challenge and tell us yours.

Haven't had a bad weekend - but not that good either - a few glasses of Sauvignon Blanc (a Marlborough NZ one) - those NZ Sauv Blancs are just so irresistible - so crisp and fruity and this one was on special - down from $17 to $9.99 so had to buy a couple didn't I? Foodwise I've been OK but it's the add on of the wine that does me in. Anyway Monday morning - back on the straight narrow again.

Will post again on Wednesday - Day 14 of the Kiwi Countdown challenge.

Till then, ciao babes

Love Z xx

9 comments:

Apple2Hourglass said...

I love reading people's lists, I think I might do one of my own later. It may not be as healthy as yours though!! hehe- point noted.

maria said...

You've changed your look by just lightening your hair! Looks good! I didn't think you look washed out. Your slimness really suits you! Love the clothes you're wearing with the white and turquoise (teal?).. they look comfy too. I look forward to being slim enough to wear stuff like this without looking pregnant.

I *love* peeks into celebrity shopping baskets.. or fridges.. always my fav section of that magazine. A great idea to share that stuff btw! I will have to do it too! As it happens we both love that WW sour cream!!

Anne said...

You are looking great! Love the lighter hair:-) Will do one of those lists myself. I'm a sauv blanc fan as well.

I'm sure Chris will still be here in P North when you visit.

Anne said...

Just caught up on your previous entry. The wig looks great - you really do not look your age!!

Thanks for the award - that was sweet of you:-)

Doug Bagley said...

Nice change up.

Julie's Journey said...

The colour of your hair is perfect. You are right - it is a summer colour. You do very well taking photos by yourself - I cant seem to do it. Off to think about my list.

Sienna said...

You sexy blonde bombshell you! I had poached eggs on WHITE english muffins with smoked salmon and hollaindaise when I was away and it was divine! Looks like we both love to eat our veges!
Also, wanted to let you know I did recieve that message you sent me and I deleted it... a big THANKYOU to you my friend for bringing that to my attention!

Anonymous said...

hi there, thank you for stopping by and saying hello on my blog. You look fabulous! I need all the dieting tips I can get so I appreciated the list of good foods :)

Pam said...

Goodness, you do look glamorous. And cheery!