LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, May 07, 2007

Double Whammy!!

I've kicked two goals this week - passed the half way point in my weightloss journey and I'm a SIXTIES GAL!!! Can you tell I'm over the moon? I've had a good week with a loss of 900g and feel fantastic. I think running and gym have definitely speeded up my metabolism. Since I have hypothyroidism (an under active thyroid) I tend to have to work hard to stimulate my metabolism even although I'm on constant medication and I think it's the increased heart rate that's doing it for me. Remember Sue making a similar comment a few weeks ago and I think she's dead right. And as for being a 60's gal, this is the first time I've been in the sixties since I got these scales. Going back 4 years I was down to 66kgs on my old scales but then got my new ones and they made me 71kgs and since then have never managed to get in the sixties again. I'm going to look for a sparkly thing like Nanette has to skite to the world! Reviewing the week: Points - really good, came in a bit under for the week - I'm on 18 points a day and had 122.5 out of possible 126. I earned 20 exercise points for the week Tracking - did that well too Steps - 72,000 for the week (and I forgot to wear it one night when I went to gym) so anyway average of about 10,300 a day Gym - 2 days (having a bit of trouble with my shoulder so gave it a rest from Tuesday to Sunday) Walk - 3 days C25K - 3 days - finished Week 6 on Friday with a non stop 25 minute run and felt pretty crash hot with that. Now I have to try and build up my speed and distance. This week is three 25 minute runs so will be aiming to go a bit further in the same time (actually managed to do a few hundred metres more this morning than I did on Friday) Water - good apart from Saturday - went shopping and forgot to take my water with me. I'm getting quite excited now about our holiday - only six days to go. Have most of my packing organised - laid out on the spare room bed ready to just pop in. One of our friends' colleagues who lives and works in Hong Kong is going to pick us up at the airport and drive us to our hotel - which will be lovely - saves all that faffing around on buses or trains. We're staying at the Kowloon Plaza hotel which is right in the heart of Nathan Road so close to everything. We've splashed out and are staying on the Harbour Club floor - this is the floor designed for business people and offers those nice little extras - guaranteed harbour view, exclusive use of the Lounge on that floor, continental breakfast, afternoon tea, free internet use, a garment each pressed free each day, fruit basket and water replenished each day and best of all happy hour every night from 6 - 8pm - all drinks free and nibblies too - means that you need next to no evening meal. Needless to say I'll be back on the booze next week but plan to be a bit selective with the nibbles. So we're off on Sunday morning early - leave home at 5.45am to fly to Brisbane. We've a few hours in Brisbane as we don't leave for HK until 1pm but will use that time to get thoroughly into holiday mode. We're Qantas Club members so will catch the train across to the International Airport and tuck ourselves into a corner of the lounge and wind down (or should that be wind up) with a couple of quiet ones! The hotel doesn't have a gym but is right across the road from the YMCA which has an amazing gym which I can use. Am planning to take my gym gear and do Week 8 of the C25K. In past holidays I've had great ideas to keep up the gym but failed to follow through so we'll see if I can do better this time. As well as the HK tourist stuff (and of course shopping) we also plan to do a day trip to Macau - went there last time in 2002 and loved it and it has gone ahead with major leaps since then so keen to see it now. Think we'll also try and have a day trip to China - not sure where yet. Busy week ahead - having a reassessment at the gym on Tuesday night, back to the doctors Wednesday for a check on my BP - which strangely enough has dropped right down in the last two days - thought maybe my monitor was due for new batteries but put other ones in and it was still much lower - so won't complain about that. Friday night we're having dinner with friends, Saturday I have to take Zanna to the kennels in the morning then off to the beauticians to get all the bits waxed and the famous spray tan - always put's me in holiday mode! OK I've probably given you all the shxxs prattling on about my holiday. Might do a quick update from HK but could be so busy having fun that I won't have time. Right -time to disappear before you hit me!! Have a great week everyone and I promise to be brave enough to tell you how my weight is going when I get back on the 21st!!

17 comments:

Anne said...

Congrats! Well done on getting to the 60's and reaching the halfway mark. Well deserved and what a thrill. Have fun on your holiday - sounds great.

Thanks for your beautiful words on my entry too - really appreciated.

Briony said...

Woo hooooooooooooooooo - Congratulations to you my friend! The 60's!! Crikey, I can't even imagine being there. Well done. You are just a legend at this thing now, I think you've got it whooped. Hope you have a fabulous holiday. I can't wait to hear and see all about it (plenty of pics please!). I have to live vicariously through you so make it good! haha
Bri

Suzy said...

Congratulations! Fantastic work!

Have a lovely, lovely holiday xx

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

OMG!!! HONG KONG!!! you lucky lucky lady....
how very exciting...
I will be thinking of you jet setting away while I am doind the same shite differnt day type thing.. hahaha
Just enjoy it wont you...
Hope you are going to take lots of photos...

Oh and well done on hitting the 60's..woooohoooo How exciting...
it has been about 13 years since i was in the 60's... so I dont know if I will get there this time or not... seems like a dream to me... I got down to 69 kilos for a couple of weeks.. then went to 70-71 and hovered there for a long time... then up from there!!! So 60's was just a flash and then it was gone... hahaha

Yummy Mummy said...

Welldone... that is quite an achievement!!! Have a fab holiday!!!

Lee-Anne said...

Congrats on being a sixties girl. You are such an inspiration. I love your pics on your last post. You look absolutely fantastic. Way to go.

Have an absolutely lovely holiday and look forward to hearing all about it.

Christine (Australia) said...

I'm excited for you, for both the holiday and for being a 60's girl! Have a really wonderful time, kick your heels up and enjoy yourself.. Oh, and have fun shopping, buying lots of skinny clothes!!!

CaramelKitKat said...

Wow Zanna - You look fantastic!! No doubt you will shop up a storm while away and return with a whole new wardrobe to fit your 60s body.

I can only dream of that number right now, well done you! ;o)

Jocelyn said...

Yay a 60's girl, well done!!!

Have a fantastic time in HK, cant wait to hear all about it.

Lyn said...

Wow that is an absolutely fantastic result!! And into the sixties too!!

Sienna said...

Congratulations, you must feel wonderful(I know you look it!!!). I am so proud of you!~

jen said...

woooooooohoooooooooo a 60's girl, well done!!!

Have a fantastic holiday....sounds just glorious....

Jen xx

maria said...

I like your flashy/sparkly thing! That IS good news... 60's!!! I hope you have a marvellous time in Honkers. I've always wanted to belong to an airline club.. I've been in a couple just to check them out.. once when I was with my class when I studied travel and once when I worked for the Department of Immigration. It beats waiting at an airport gate any day from what I can see!

Jay said...

Well you've certainly made me jealous - sounds like an amazing holiday and I can't wait to hear all about it on your return.

You've really done an excellent job - two humps at once! That's cause for celebration in my book, so be kind to yourself, and smile a little wider :)

Anne said...

Thanks for your comment. Toby is doing OK - was worried about him but he seems fine, just a little bit puzzled looking at times.

Enjoy your trip you 60's girl!!

Julie's Journey said...

Id forgotten about the hols so lucky I read or I would be wondering why I hadnt heard from you. Well done on becoming a 60s girl. Good luck with the HK gym and have a wonderful wonderful time in HK. Look forward to pics.

lg said...

Hey Zanna, Congratulations on that achievement - both the weight and running!

Oooh, I'm jealous about HK. I went two years ago and I loved it! Can't wait to hear all about it.