LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, April 30, 2007

Smiley Face

Much better things to report this week. Have been so focussed this week and feel like I’ve achieved a lot. But first up I’m delighted to announce a loss of 700g this week and this takes me to Goal No. 3 – 10 per cent of my original weight gone ta tas.

Review of the week

Alcohol
– none
Points – bang on and finished the week with a couple up my sleeve
Tracking – rigidly
Gym – 3 days
Walk – 3 days
C25K – completed Week 5
Steps – a whopping 82,700 which averages out to 11,800 a day
Water – 2 litres every day

So need less to say I’m feeling very pleased with myself. Even although I hadn’t lost much over the last couple of weeks I can see a difference in my shape – obviously all this extra exercise is starting to tone me up a bit. And so here’s a photo showing how I’m going.


Friday was a major day for me – in the C25K I ran for 20 minutes. Now to some of you this will be no big deal. But I was a chubby child and teenager and not much into sports (read not at all!!) and have never been able to run for any distance or length of time. So to be able to run (translates to jog - quite a slow one) is for me absolutely mind blowing and to keep on running for 20 minutes is just amazing. I was on such a high for the rest of the day – had to bore the pants off everybody telling them all about it.

Haven’t heard any further news from my hairdresser other than a reply to my SMS asking me to send my email address so she can bring me up to date. I believe that she’s not up to direct conversations yet and so is happier with SMS or email. And on the subject of hair – here’s a shot of a ‘mature blonde bimbo’!!! We were heading out to dinner with some friends on Friday night and Bloss commented that I looked pretty spiffy so I said ‘Right take a picture so I can show the girls!” (That’s you lot!)


Got an SMS on the way to work this morning from No 1 son telling me to check the front page of our local paper. This is what I found :


This is Josh our eldest grandson taken at Little Athletics as he was competing in the long jump - you won't see it but he has the tip of his tongue out - and I'm afraid that's a trait inherited from Granny - always do that when I'm concentrating hard!

Well that's my news for the week. Plan for this week is to keep that focus on and see how much more I can get shot of before we go on holiday. I'll have two more weigh ins - one next Monday and then will do one on the Sunday morning before we leave but I'm not going to be able to post that as we'll be leaving for the airport at 5.45am so can't see an opportunity to whip up a post before we go. What I might do is give you an update and my weight status on the Saturday.

Hope you are all having a good week.

15 comments:

Chris H said...

A- You look darn hot in them jeans girl!
B- Love the blonde bimbo look, less of the "Mature", you are only as old as ya feel!
C- Josh on the front page! Wooo hooo!
Pround grandma eh??? I would be!

Lyn said...

wow what a stunner!! Congrats on the loss, way to go!!

maria said...

Great news again.. you always do so well with your tracking and it shows! You do look fit and healthy and I especially like the cut of the jeans you're wearing, they suit you! Well done also with your run! I know the feeling..but have had to abandon running because of back issues. Thanks for the photo's which always tell a good story -your hair looks great and the bit about the tongue sticking out was funny!

Anne said...

You are looking great! Amazing work with the run - no wonder you are wanting to talk about it! You are really doing well with both tracking and exercise and have a lot of determination.

Well done Josh:-)

Sienna said...

What a stunner you are!! Your makeup looks great! I did Mary Kay for many years... the pic of me, I don't have my whole 'face' on, it was just a quickie with a friend... thankyou for your generous words on my blog!! I hope that I can look as wonderful as you when I am your age!!

Christine (Australia) said...

Thanks for the progress pic - you look amazing Zanna and I love the blonde do..
What a great surprise it must have been to see Josh on the front of that paper!
Keep up your great work - have a great week..

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Ohhh you do look fantastic...
I love the blonde... I am too dark to ever go blone.. so i will just have to make do with the foils..
I had my face in the newspaper today too... woooohoooooo a little bit exciting...

Suzy said...

Congrats on the great loss! Your hard work and tracking is certainly paying off. You look great!
How lovely to have dear little Josh in the paper.

molly said...

What a glam granny you are!

jen said...

wooooooooohooooooooooo like wow girl, looking good!!!!

Jen

Chris H said...

Thursday morning and what are you doing up so early woman! Thanks for the kind comment this morning, you girls out there are so lovely! Hope you have a wonderful day... cos I ain't! lol

Briony said...

Woot woo! You look fantastic. You've done so well this year and have really been extra focussed. You should be darned well proud of yourself gorgeous!

Jocelyn said...

Great results this week Zanna! and you are looking very fine indeed ;)

Congratulations on running 20 minutes straight, in my books that is an awesome acheivment, before you know it you'll be doing it without even thinking about it and wondering at the end where the time went.

Jay said...

Congratulations!
You sure do know how to rock those jeans. Meow!

What a great photo of the grandson too, he looks so deep in concentration!

Chris H said...

Yes Zanna, we are off this sunday, wooo hoooo. I have been up since 5.30am, and have just taken Izzy for her walk, then I'm walking the kids to school, going to the gym, etc etc. It is a lovely day here, sunny and crisp outside. Warm and toasty inside. Hope you have a fantastic day too.