LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Final Countdown - Bring on the Wine!

See that big smile - that's because the challenge is over and I've lost 5.4kgs.  I've gone for 12 weeks (84 days) without a drop of alcohol passing my lips and on every one of those 84 days I've drunk at least 2 litres of water. But it's been well worth it - I feel fantastic although the car tyre isn't quite down to a bike tyre yet so I'm going to savour one or two glasses of wine tonight then hop back on the wagon and see if I can get it down to a bike tyre before we leave for Europe - that's 10 weeks away.


A couple of comparison photos - the one on the left was taken just before I left Scotland at the end of our trip last year.  The one on the right was taken last Thursday night before we left to go and see Wendy Matthews in concert.  The difference - very close to 10 per cent and 7.8 kgs.

We spent Saturday in the garden - I did a ton of pruning to all the shrubs, weeded the garden beds at the front - Bloss did the same at the back - and then manhandled and spread 18 bales of hay for mulch.  Here's my handiwork.

As I said above we went to see Wendy Matthews on Thursday - I was a bit disappointed - she has a wonderful voice but her choice of songs just didn't do it for me.  The first set was all Billie Holliday stuff and as someone behind me commented at the end of it - 'that was like watching paint dry'.  It was serious jazz - and I'm not a real fan.  The second half was a bit better but still all very slow and dirge like - I just wanted to crank up the pace a bit. 

Jimmy Barnes and Shannon Noll are coming to town in June so we've booked tickets for that concert - should be a good one.

The bathroom and toilet are almost finished - our poor builder has been working night day and weekends to get it done.  He and his family leave to go on 2 weeks holiday tomorrow and he had about 5 jobs to finish before he went.  He's been absolutely brilliant and his standard of workmanship is outstanding.  The painter was in to quote on Saturday so hopefully he can do his bit later this week.  I'm delighted with how it's all coming together and very happy with our choice of tiles.  No photos yet but will definitely show you once it's all finished.

Hope you have a great week possums
Love Zxx

8 comments:

Lonicera said...

Zanna - I love your before and after pictures, and think you look absolutely stunning. Will it be difficult to control your food consumptin while you're travelling?
Caroline

Jocelyn said...

You are looking absolutely fabulous, well done on all that hard work! Your garden is looking pretty spiffy too I might add ;)

Joc

Julie's Journey said...

That damn car tyre - know it well but you look absolutely fabulous and certainly deserve a wine or two. Don't know how you did it (winewise) but congratulations, wish that I had your self-control. I have started my own mini 10 week challenge yesterday. Fingers crossed.

Anne said...

You are looking gorgeous!!! Very well deserved as you've worked so hard! Like Julie I'm not sure how you did it (winewise) but look at the result:-)

#fatfreefloozy said...

Well done! Both you, and the garden, look fantastic!

Chris H said...

WOO HOOO! You look fabulous girl!

jen said...

woohooooo fantasic before and after shots, you look wowwwwww !!
I am back to reducing my "tractor" tyre down to a bike tyre...thank heavens I have found "it" again...

Nola said...

You look great! I love Wendy Matthews...what a shame she chose those sorts of songs to sing all night...it would have been a drag.