LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, April 12, 2010

Why?

I've been thinking about this a fair bit this week - I've been on this challenge for 10 weeks now and to be honest I'm finding it really easy not to mention very rewarding. So how is it that I was able to get my head into the right space to make this possible?  I have no idea but if I did I could make a fortune selling it! I mean last year I had the trip to Europe and I so wanted to lose some weight before that - and I would have enjoyed it so much better if I'd been 5kgs lighter but do you think I could get my act together and knuckle down and do what was necessary.  I knew what was required but I just couldn't get it together. And it's the same I know for so many of you out there - there's Chris over at Diet Coke Rocks - she's been bemoaning the weight she'd put on and for a long long time half heartedly trying to do something about it  - then suddenly bingo - it's as if a light went on and she's off and racing and truly focussed, then there's Jenny who's just had her daughter's wedding and wanted to shed a few kilos for that but would it happen - no and Nola who's battering herself round the head that she hasn't got her act properly together and isn't losing the way she should and that's only a couple of you - I know that Julie, Caroline, Linz and Starfish Sue are all struggling too.

When I came back from Europe I knew I had to do something about the kilos I'd put on as nothing looked good on me - and I did knuckle down and lost a couple of kilos before Christmas but then lost the momentum in January.  But then it was like all the planets aligned for me - I read about the 12 week Biggest Loser challenge on We are Slimming and I just decided to do it - but why was it right for me then? Yea sure the next holiday coming up - but that didn't work for the last one.  I've no profound answers to these questions but just wanted to I guess, commiserate with those of you who are struggling to get back on the horse of 'healthy eating' and maybe at the same time give you some hope that if you never ever give up, some day soon it will come together again for you.  And by the way I'm not for a minute saying that I won't wander off the track again - nothing surer than I will but better going for a wander after I've lost a kilo or six than wandering when I've still done nothing to shift that kilo or six.  My problem is usually holidays too - I maintain reasonably well between holidays but then gain on holiday but come back and go back into maintenance mode rather than loss mode.  However this trip we're only gone 4 weeks and Shaz battles her weight constantly too so we're kind of hoping we can keep each other from straying too far and then I'm planning to hold out the carrot to myself that after getting back in August from Europe - then the next trip is to Scotland in December - so the intention is that I'll jump straight back on the healthy eating horse.  Meantime although the challenge finishes in 2 more weeks I'm going to continue in loss mode right up to the holiday and try and get as low as I can.

So this week -here's my table - I've upped my exercise a fair bit and it seems to be making quite a difference - I'll update this tomorrow with my loss for this week. OK - 600g off this week - much happier with that and in fact yesterday it was 800g so feel like things have started moving properly again.

Day
Water
WW Pts
Wii Fit/ Walk
Wine
1
2 ltrs
17.5
 20m
None
2
2 ltrs
16.5
21m+20m
None
3
2 ltrs
16
31m+20m
None
4
2 ltrs
16
31m+25m
None
5
2 ltrs
16
31m
None
6
2 ltrs
14
30m
None
7
2 ltrs
21
0m+25m
None
Totals
 14 ltrs
117/126
4h 14m
None

I don't think I have much other news worth sharing - it was a short but busy week at work.  The work on the bathroom was due to start on Friday but the builder rang to say that he'd been held up on his previous job with a late delivery of timber so will now be starting on Tuesday.  This weekend I went and bought most of the small items for the new bathroom - stainless pedal bin, loo brush and toilet roll container, shower caddy, towels - bath, hand and washer - all black.  Tried to get black toilet mat - but could only find the one with the deep pile which is no good in our loo as the door opens over the mat and if it's the deep pile the reverse is true - it doesn't open!  Anyway found a set on EBay so have ordered them.  Meanwhile the spare room is chocka - all the contents of the bathroom vanity plus all the new gear for the bathroom plus my suitcase into which I pop bits and pieces as I buy them that I plan on taking with me.

Sorry it's all a bit waffly this week possums.  Hope you all have a top week.
Love Zxx

6 comments:

Lonicera said...

I suppose if I had a powerful motivation I'd be focussed and impossible to tempt, but I don't other than that I know perfectly well it will make me feel better. In the meantime, we lose weight vicariously through you! Well done Zanna.
Caroline

Anne said...

Some interesting thoughts there. I wish and wish my light buld will go again!

Just read an article about mindful eating versus mindless, made a lot of sense. E.g. not eating just because it's a certain time or if someone offers you something and you want to be polite, but to think are you hungry, is this what you want, etc.

Chris H said...

I wish I knew just what 'switched the light on again'!
I would bottle it too.
I'm glad you have found it too... I just hope You/Me can keep it up!

Nola said...

Yes...how rich we would be if we could harness that motivation!! I have our Fiji trip coming up in June....I am trying to get my mojo going for that one!! The bathroom sounds nice by the way:)

Julie's Journey said...

Your no wine column is very very impressive! Just thank your lucky stars you don't live near me or you wouldn't stand a chance girlfriend. I am such a bad influence. BUT I seriously understand about the lightbulb moment - I hope it happens soon.

jen said...

ohhh I wish I could find that "mojo" of mine again....its off to weight watchers meetings on Monday for me and hopefully that light bulb moment will switch on coz if I don't find "it" soon I will have nothing to wear !!!

Well done, you sure are looking good.