LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Slack

Yep - that's me just downright slack - I just can't seem to be bothered this week - I've been reading but not commenting and now almost forcing myself to do a post since there will be some of you who are wondering where the hell I am (I hope so anyway!) So what's been happening? Well I did the fun run - actually more walking than running but imagine my surprise when my name was called and I was presented with this......

Posted by Picasa
2nd Masters Female
Now before you all faint in awe and amazement I think there were only three of us in this category! But you don't have to tell everyone that. Other news - it look like my boss has a promotion and while I'm delighted for him I'm not very happy for me. I've been asked to act in his role meantime - there's a bit of rationalisation happening with the other two Rio sites in our area and until they have the structure for that decided they won't put someone permanent in the role. I've been asked by a few people if I'm going to put in for it - it did cross my mind - but it's a big job covering all the onsite training, apprentices, graduates, a pilot programme for national competencies, all the technical training, traineeships, trade training etc etc - and if this all isn't enough - it has 19 direct reports. I discussed it with Bloss the other night and no I don't need that much stress and hassle in my life - I like my work but if I had all that lot to contend with then I probably wouldn't and of course they may not consider me the right person anyway. So I'll help out in the meantime till we see what happens. Been feeling a bit ordinary this week - Bloss's sore throat and cold has been stalking me - so far I've managed to keep it at bay but because of that haven't been to the gym since Monday and because I've been feeling a bit sorry for myself my eating hasn't been as good as it should have been - not dreadful but marking time stuff rather than losing stuff! And that's really it peoples - not that much to talk about this week. Zanna's ear is coming along OK - still quite swollen but we head back to the vet on Wednesday to get her stitches out so we'll see what he has to say then. All right sweet ones - have a great week. Love Z xx

12 comments:

Chris H said...

Well didn't you do well? LOL... a prize is a prize mate, enjoy it! Glad to hear Zanna is on the mend. Sorry I havn't actually missed you, been too busy settling into our new home!

Apple2Hourglass said...

Glad Zanna is getting better. Have a good week.

jen said...

Was wondering where you was....hope you keep the flu at bay.
Good on the prize....shhhhh I won't tell anyone there were only 3 of you in it!!

Have a great week.

Jen xx

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Love the prize...well done on completing the walk/run...
Sorry to hear you havent been well but it is the right time of year for the blerkies aye!
Take care and I hope Zanna's ear is better soon too!

Sue said...

Sometimes the hardest decision to make is NOT to go for a supposedly better job. It's like we're hard wired to think we should always be striving for something else.

Anne said...

You shouldn't have told us there were only three in that section!! I thought you had done really well!

When reading about the job prospects, I was thinking STRESS!

Have a great week:-)

Maria Catalina Wiley said...

Good work! The ones who didin't even enter were obviously not up to scratch! So out of the three 'top' ones, YOU were the BEST!
Hope your pooch is getting better :)
Have a great week,
Maria

RUN WITH THE WAVE said...

Hey there! Come and join us for a BBQ buffet at the beach in Penang this Christmas with watersports activities included! Sign up now! Check out my website at www.runwiththewave.com Thanks!

Jay said...

I think that kind of finish is worth celebrating no matter what.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Chris... I prize is a prize! Well done! :)

Glad Zanna is getting better, too...

xoxo

maria said...

Thanks for sharing your prize and good on you for participating. I hope Wednesdays vet trip went well too xox

Lee-Anne said...

I think you made the right choice about the job. Sounded quite full on. I mean really, it could interfere with your future travelling plans.

Hope you've managed to keep the bugs at bay and alls good in your world.