LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, September 12, 2008

A Meme with a Difference

Well I was cruising around Blogland following links from blog to blog and I found this at The Lavender Loft. She kindly offered it up to anyone who was interested and I can never resist. Challenge to my 'blends' - go on give it a go! Finish the sentence - keep the bit in bold and add on your ending. 1. My uncle once bought me a very expensive doll when I was 5 – I’d admired her in the shop and he was young and single and spoiled me. Her name was Carol and up until a few years ago she was still in Mum’s loft. 2. Never in my life have I taken strong drugs – dabbled with marijuana twice and that’s it. Smoking and drinking - well now that's another story! 3. When I was five my parents were the centre of my universe 4. High school was a means to an end – I enjoyed it but wanted to get out and get on with my life 5. I will never forget to be grateful for the gift of life – it’s wonderful 6. Once I used to have a pet rooster who came when I called him and would submit to being wrapped in a blanket and trundled round in a dolls pram. His name was Tarty! 7. There’s this boy I know who is a little scallywag with a heap of attitude – he’s my younger grandson and there’s this other boy I know – my other grandson who’s a ton of fun and one very smart cookie. 8. Once, at a bar, I drank mojitos where Ernest Hemingway used to drink. 9. By noon tomorrow I hope I’ll be having lunch with my friend 10. Last night I spent quite a while on Facebook – love the word games and play, sometimes in real time, with my cousin in Scotland 11. If only I had been born with a lean metabolism . 12. Next time I go to church it will probably be for a wedding or a funeral! 13. What worries me most is – not much – I try not to but I guess you never stop worrying on behalf of your children.. 14. When I turn my head left I see Bloss with his laptop on his knee. 15. When I turn my head right I see the light flashing on the answering machine 16. You know I’m lying when you look at my face – I always have a guilty look. 17. What I miss most about the Eighties – not much I believe in always looking forward and life just keeps getting better – but hey the music was good. 18. If I were a character in Little Women I’d probably be Jo. 19. By this time next month I plan to have my next two assignments finished 20. A better name for me would be Mrs Organised – I really value a sense of order 21. I have a hard time allowing other people to be disorganized! 22. If I ever go back to school it will be to study something in the field of human resources or psychology. 23. You know I like you if I stay and chat – I’m not good at pretending so if I don’t like you I’ll smile, murmur and move on. 24. If I ever won an award, the first person I would thank would be my Mum – she and Dad gave us such a good set of values and grounding in life and a great sense of self belief. 25. Take my advice; if you believe you can do it – you’re right – you can!!

10 comments:

Yummy Mummy said...

What a great insight! Have a great weekend!

maria said...

Great answers!

I'll see if I can attempt this.

Not sure if I'll blog it or just send it as an email?

lg said...

Hi Zanna, I'm exactly the same for number 16, I'm a very bad lier!!

I also agree the music was good in the 80's

Chris H said...

Quite an interesting meme, well done.

Maria Catalina Wiley said...

This looks challenging, I think I will give it a go! Enjoyed reading more about you :)

Anne said...

I always enjoy reading these. Interesting! I thought the same about high school as you did! Then go back and study years later.

Jay said...

I love that the rooster is the first thing that just popped in your head there.

Miss Milo said...

Love this meme A! It sounds like you have had so many amazing experiences on your travels :)

Thank you so much for all your lovely, supportive and thoughtful comments on my blog, too. Where would I be without people like you?! :)

Hope you have a great day lovely
xoxox

Pam said...

All interesting thoughts! Each one could be its own little post...

Maria Catalina Wiley said...

Hey Zanna, thanks for becoming my first follower of my blog!!!