LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sick Puppy!!

Yes I really do have a sick puppy. But she's going to be fine. I came home from work last night and Bloss (who also has been sick and has been at home) said "the dog's crook - somethings wrong with her ear" Poor Zanna had one ear hugely swollen and her whole head was lopsided. So I phoned the vet (who I've known for the last 15years - he's been with me through dogs and horses) who said just bring her in. She had a haematoma on her ear. She suffers from an auto immune problem which causes her to scratch a lot and can result in rashes etc all over her. We've managed to find a spray which has improved her heaps but at this time of year all her extremities itch terribly so she scratches at her paws, her head and ears and sometimes the tip of her tail. Anyway she'd had a good old scratch and burst a blood vessel in her ear which had filled up her whole ear flap. So surgery was in order. They can't just aspirate as it would just fill up again. So she's home tonight still pretty dopey from the anaesthetic with a multitude of stitches in her ear and an opening left to drain over the next couple of weeks.
Posted by Picasa
And Bloss - well he's had a throat infection and a dreadful cough and has been off work all week - an almost unheard of occurrence in his 25 years with the company. He's coming good now but will probably still have tomorrow off to make sure he's fully fit. Me - well I'm doing just fine - making some very sensible eating choices - back to making up my big bowl of salads to last me a few days - I'll list below the ingredients in this particular batch - absolutely awesome. Have also been going to the gym three mornings a week and just loving it and minimising the wines of an evening too. I lost 700g last week so pretty happy with that. Mixed lettuce and herbs (the bagged mix) Red, green and yellow capsicum Lebanese cucumber Celery Grape tomatoes Sugar snap peas Cabbage Green grapes Black Grapes Orange Avocado Basil Mint Mung beans Snow pea sprouts Alfalfa then just had some "Praise" low fat Balsamic dressing and the protein of your choice - tuna, prawns, salmon, ww ham and you have just the yummiest lunch imaginable. Great weekend ahead - No 2 son back from Melbourne again tonight and No 1 grandson coming to stay on Friday night. Sunday we have the Turtle Way Challenge (this is the name of a local walkway which in fact runs between our house and the river). All the local big companies submit teams who have to run/walk 4kms. We've managed to scrounge up 4 HR teams and I'm a member of the 'The Bullied' - we were all coerced into participating! Anyway I'm not up to running 4kms but will walk/run my way round and hopefully have lots and fun and laughter along the way. If I get any good pics I'll post them next time. Till next week possums - have a good one Love Z xx

7 comments:

Chris H said...

Awww your poor puppy! MIne is scratching himself silly too, now he's got a collar on so he can't! I hope Bloss starts feeling better soon too... poor man!

Maria Catalina Wiley said...

Oh, poor pooch! Hope he recovers quickly from his ordeal. That salad sounds fantastic! Will have to try it. My eating choices are shocking at the moment, I will have to get back into a healthier lifestyle . . . I used to be so motivated, exercised & ate sensibly, but lately, dunno what's wrong with me!
Well, sounds like you're going to have a lovely weekend with your son home, grandson too & your fun/run to look forward to. Hope hubby gets better too,
cheers
Maria :)

Anne said...

Ohh - that looks sore!!! You have a house full of patients:-(

Mmmm like the sound of the salad, will try it as well.

Enjoy your weekend with family and good luck with the walk!

maria said...

Hi Anni,

I feel so sorry for Zanna... what a blessing her 'parents' are to her (having owners like you to take care of her so well).

You're doing great things with your choices, which is always inspirational to read.

I notice you have another Maria posting here..and co-incidentally I just learned from her profile that she descends from Hungarian parents, as do I..and we both speak Hungarian.

AND, not only that but tonight I'm having dinner with my friend -also Maria who is also from Hungarian parents too!

Those 4km's you are planning will do wonders for you.. good on you for participating.

Lotsa love xo

Lainey said...

That is some salad woman! I've been having something similar the past few night but with tuna. Makes you feel so smug when you manage to eat as many veggies as that in one sitting.

And well done on the gym action! Tres impressive. Are you feeling a bit firmer?

Love to Zanna - wee soul.

Apple2Hourglass said...

Ouchy, poor puppy. Glad she's getting better though.
I'm so happy that the weather is getting warmer and we can start eating salads again, eating properly is SO much easier in warmer weather. Maybe that's the Scot in me though, there's nothing better than steak pie, bashed neeps and tatties on a cold night!

Nola said...

Hi, found you via diet coke's blog! Loved your blog....of course the dog story caught my attention, being the animal lover that I am!:) Sorry to hear Bloss isn't well either....but the pooooorrr puuppy!! My little Scarlett has her eye operated on next week too and she is also an "itchy scratchy" little dog. I am going to try out your salad too:) Nice to "meet" you:)