LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, October 12, 2008

What's been happening?

Well it's sort of everything and nothing. There haven't been any major events in the last week or so but life seems to be busy nonetheless. Food and exercise? Well after my 10 days off with my sore throat and cough I started back at the gym and managed three visits last week - had been doing 2 days circuit and 1 day cardio but swapped last week and did 2 days cardio and really enjoyed that. Food - was fantastic during the week but had a few wines on Friday night and was out for dinner last night and had a few wines then plus yesterday I had a chocolate crave - fortunately not something which hits me too often - so I attacked the Rollos which I keep in the fridge for my grandchildren coming! Damn but that's it over! So weight really just holding steady and I really need to get my ass into gear and move a few kilos and I'd feel so much better. Work news - well my boss who was moving on decided that he didn't really want that move after all and had the courage to say so. Had a week of me stressing out as I had to act in his position (but because of the all his internal turmoil he hadn't been able to give me any kind of handover) so I was trying to keep my job going and his too. So major happiness when he decided that he's staying with Learning and Development rather than going to a Production role. I've been in fairly frequent contact with Mum in Scotland these past few weeks. We got the dreadful news about 4 weeks ago - totally out of the blue - that my aunt (Mum's younger sister) has advanced cancer - secondaries in her hip and lungs - haven't actually found the primary). She and her family have been key figures in my life - she's actually only 14 years older than me - so played with us as kids, I was flowergirl at her wedding, used to spend all my school holidays with her and my uncle on their farm, then once I was married her boys used to come and stay with me - including coming to Australia to stay once I moved here. She was the one who stayed with Mum at Christmas after her hip operation until I got there. She has tremendous faith so is quite calm but of course it's awful for her husband and family and so unexpected and sudden. Mum's coping well - helping as much as she can but the other dilemma she had was that they were told it was a matter of months, a few days before Mum was due to make full payment for her flight here at Christmas. Mum was in a real quandary - if Aunt Jean didn't make it till Christmas, then a holiday out here would be just the best thing for Mum, but on the other hand if she's still around Mum couldn't leave her little sister for 5 weeks and come to the other side of the world. However she's paid her flight anyway and will see what happens. My aunt is home with her family but is confined to bed and now has a catheter in as using the bedpan was too painful. She's been very confused and agitated these past few days and they've been trying to adjust her medication to see if that helps so such a terrible time for her family. She said to Mum last week "I hope it's not too long" and for everyone's sake especially hers I hope so too. It just doesn't seem right that you're subjected to such pain and indignity at the end of your life. It always seems bizarre to me that we're able to make loving decisions for our pets but can't help our nearest and dearest. No 2 son has gone off to do a 3 week shutdown at a power station about 5 hours from here. After that he’s heading back to Brazil for 3 weeks holiday to see his girlfriend. They’ve been in almost daily contact since he got back at the end of August and missing each other so much so he decided to do this shut which pays quite well then he’ll head off to see her. It definitely seems to be pretty serious – maybe Tiffany and I will get some more female support soon! She sound lovely anyway. And since posts without photos can be a bit boring, I thought I'd just do the bragging Granny thing - here's my younger grandson Curtis - taken at his Daycare Centre. The original is fantastic - I've just scanned it to share with you all.

Posted by Picasa
OK guys I’m outta here – have a great week everyone Love Z xx

6 comments:

Pam said...

What a cutie!

But I'm so sorry about your aunt.

Anne said...

So sorry to hear about your aunt. Distance always makes it seem harder as you can't be there. I hope she doesn't suffer too much - it's not fair.

Curtis is a cutie:-)

Jocelyn said...

So sorry to hear about your Aunt, that is truly sad news.

Glad to hear pressure at work is easing a bit too.

Hang in there

xxx

jen said...

So sorry to hear about your Aunt, it is so unfair.

Your grandie Curtis is a cutie!!

Maria Catalina Wiley said...

What a GORGEOUS kid! You must be so proud!
So sorry to hear about your sad news regarding your Aunt . . .
hope you have a better week,
regards
Maria

Apple2Hourglass said...

Sad news about your Aunty. It's awful when people we love are suffering and we can't help. Big hugs.