LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, December 28, 2007

Signing in from Singapore

The travelling tart is on the move again and I'm writing this in the Skyview Lounge in Changi Airport in Singapore. It's not quite the Qantas Club which is where I usually hang out, but since I'm travelling Singapore Airways and KLM on this trip and I'm not a member of either of their lounges, I did a bit of research and discovered LoungePass.com who for about $50 a pop, will let you use selected lounges in various airports around the world. so figured I'd try it for this leg of the trip (since I've got a 7 hour stopover here) and see if it's worth it. The answer is yes - sitting here in a peaceful lounge, in a comfy chair in front of a huge TV screen, with free WiFi, a glass of sauvy blanc and some sushi on the little table beside me with the prospect of some coffee (and cake if I want to be naughty) in a little while. Christmas was lovely for us but relatively quiet - and just a wee bit of badness in the eating as opposed to wholesale slaughter! Boxing Day was even quieter, then back to work for me for one day. It was a fairly significant day for me as I've been working with and supporting someone for a long time now (who will shortly be my new boss I think) to put together a programme which will centralise our training systems across site. I had a chat with him yesterday as the roll out of this new training model will begin while I'm on leave and he wanted to bring me up to speed on where it was at. So exciting times ahead for me in the months to come - with a new boss, no longer have people reporting to me (and I'm ready for a break from that) and the opportunity to increase my generalist knowledge and experience in Learning and Development. So that's a quick update - will try and update a couple of times from Bonnie Scotland. Meantime sweet ones - take care and happy new year when it comes. Love Z xx

13 comments:

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Omg... how exciting..you are off again!!!!
Travel safe lovely...

jen said...

Heck that time just flew...your're on ya way to Scotland already. Safe travelling and enjoy.

Jen xx

Anonymous said...

Have a safe and wonderful trip

maria said...

Hi Anne! :-)

I wanted to say "How did I get behind in reading your posts this last week or two"?

But I think I know how. I lost 'sound' in the laptop and switched over to the bigger, chunkier computer which doesn't have all my blog sites in favourites. Do you think I remembered to go to my own blog and see I have links to you and others there? Or I could have found your old comments and clicked on you too. Oh well!!

It's about 2am here in Oz and I had to come and visit you before I turned this computer off (back on the laptop...have sound again for now). I will come back though to catch-up on what you've written previously.

Thank you for informing us about how to get access to airport lounges without being a member of every club in the world! That's really interesting info.. I appreciate you sharing that with a lover of all things travel like myself!

I hope you have a fabulous time in Europe.. I will be thinking of you! :-)

P.S. I got a wee video camera for Christmas.. yay!

Christine said...

I am living thru your passport! What a great life to be able to travel like you are. Never know where you are going to be! What does 2008 take you? :)

Chris H said...

All the best for your visit home sweetie. Hope the weather isn't too cold!

Anonymous said...

oooh I love the Qantas club! my mum gets me in there when I travel with her...nice!

have a wonderful trip and enjoy your holiday. xxx

Julie's Journey said...

Have a wonderful trip and enjoy the time spent with your family.
xx

Shauna said...

woohoooo! safe travels! :)

maria said...

Just checking in to say *hello* and *Happy new year*!!

I caught up with your posts too..and read about Zanna going missing.. and the lead-up to Christmas with the emptying out of your head (hehe!)..and the waxing etc.

I hope you are having a fabulous time there in Europe. I really would love to swap places and be in winter. We had 43 degrees yesterday and it's high 30's today too.. which is just BLEHH for me!

Keep safe xoox :-)

The Candid Bandit said...

Aren't you the smart traveller. I love the lounges. I always felt bit spesh in them.

Happy New Years darling and a special wish for safe travels and lots of laughter.

Jocelyn said...

Happy New Year and safe travels. I hope you have a great visit with your mum.

So glad to read that you got Zanna back safe and sound in your last post too, you must have been so relieved.

Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures in 2008, take care.

Love

Joc
xxx

Em said...

Happy New Year ...have a wonderful time in Scotland.....am so glad you found Zanna is a awful feeling when they go missing..we woke up on Christmas morning to find out that fee fee ( cat) had forced a screen out and got out thank goodness she was found in about 30 mins..tried telling al that cats come home but still upsetting none the less ....