LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, December 14, 2007

Counting down!

Well I'm counting down the days to Christmas - and they're going too fast - still not quite organised but gradually getting there, and of course counting down the days till I leave for Scotland - two weeks today. Mum has her op. today - spoke to her last night and she was feeling pretty positive about it all - so just hoping everything goes smoothly. I'll ring my brother or sister first thing tomorrow morning which will be tonight there and they'll be able to tell me how it all went. She doesn't want anyone to visit tonight as she doesn't 'do' anaesthetic very well and is likely to still feel pretty crummy. Busy weekend ahead - got a work do tonight for Bloss's (real name Craig!!!) team - champagne and nibbles outdoors at a local artists colony, then tomorrow night a dinner with my team - to welcome a couple of new people to the team and farewell one who has had a promotion. I've had a great week since I got back from New Zealand - have left the grog alone, and been quite sparing with the points and dropped 1.4kgs (though must be totally honest here and say that 1kg of that was the 1kg gained as a result of gadding round NZ). But good to get shot of it so promptly and a little bit more besides. Will try to keep the focus on for the next week and get a few more grammes shifted. Had my work performance review yesterday - first one with this boss - I'd worked with my previous boss for 7 years and we had a bit of a mutual admiration society going! Anyway seems like I've managed to impress this one too - nothing but positive comments and very keen to help me develop further and move up the ladder. There's some work happening at the moment on a company wide basis which will impact on the role I have now and will hopefully result in a slight change of direction which in turn should set me up for a step up in a year or 18 months if I want. So as the saying goes I'll suck it and see - actually quite excited about it all - have been in my present role for almost 5 years and whilst very comfortable doing what I do, I guess I feel I'm starting to become a bit stale and I'm ready to head off into a fresh paddock! So 2008 could be an exciting year for me. I can't see there being too much travel - I need to conserve some holidays - so we'll probably just plan for 10 days or so somewhere around June/July. It's Bloss's turn to pick a destination so we'll see what he comes up with. Other news - have got my trip to London to catch up with my old school friend all booked. Going to fly down Sunday afternoon 6 January and back again Tuesday 8 January. So will catch up with him, but also have the Monday free in London - so might manage a spot of retail therapy - maybe catch up with Amy and wondering if Phil's back in London - and if she'd be interested in meeting. Maybe some of you who are in touch could see if she's interested. I've only ever been a lurker on Phil's earlier blog when it was open, and then an avid reader on her travel blog so she probably has no idea who I am. All right guys that's the news from me this week - should manage a quick post before Christmas. Till then take care Love Z xx

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh ur a busy bee these days. Congrats on ur 1.4kg loss thats fantastic.

All sounds very exciting about the job, you must have a massive smile on ur face :)

Not long till u jet off to the UK, im sure u r looking forward to catching up with ur mum.

Take care
Cat
XO

Apple2Hourglass said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Apple2Hourglass said...

Well done on losing your gain!?!? hehe. Everything is going so well for you right now. Lucky duck!! Promise me you'll have a Tunnocks wafer bar for me when you're in Scotland?!
Bri

Chris H said...

Lots of positives mate! Good loss, job prospects, travel again.... you are refreshing to read! Have a fabulous weekend chick.

maria said...

Thanks for your updates Anne.. Has Craig picked good destinations in the past? :-)

I'm happy for you that there seems to be new and bigger things happening for you on the work front for 2008!

And good on you for dropping that weight so soon after NZ! I could certainly take a leaf out of your book there.. you are showing us all how it's done! :-)

jen said...

Its all go, go, go for you ehhh...and on the countdown to be on the move again...

Hope your mum come throu op okay...

Well done on that great loss...goodonya!!!

Em said...

Hope your mum's operation went well. Congrats on loosing 1.4 :).....Sounds like 2008 is going to be a great year for you ...xx Em