LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Getting good at this now!

I'm becoming a regular blogger meeter - last night we met up with Lee-Anne and Col while we were in Rotorua. It took me nearly all day to make contact as I had one of those crazy days with my mobile - first up I left it lying on the bed in the motel in Palmerston North (fortunately discovered it was missing before we'd gone more than a kilometer up the road), then when I went to send a thank you text to Chris I discover I've run out of credits - drrrr especially since I had bought $20 credit but for some reason it hadn't been added to my account. So then thought I'd use Bloss's phone but guess what - he had forgotten to charge it and the battery was flat as a bloody pancake! So I ended up finally phoning Lee-Anne from a public phone booth in Taupo. But we triumphed in the end. Lee-Anne and Col came round to our motel armed with a bottle of that delish NZ Sauvy Blanc then we all headed off to a nice restaurant for dinner. Once again we got on like the proverbial house on fire and it was natter, natter, natter all night.

Bloss has now become a fully qualified Blogger Companion. It's lucky he's just as chatty as I am and is happy to meet and chat to both bloggers and their companions.

We're now back in Auckland staying with our friends there and fly home tomorrow early afternoon - but the nice thing is that I don't go back to work till Monday. And then last night when I was doing my usual wideawake thing in the wee small hours, I realised it's only just over 3 weeks till I leave for Scotland. Far out I'm going to have to go like a wee train when I get home to get myself organised for Christmas and then all sorted out and packed plus of course go to work too!!

Anyway must away - have just been handed a large Coke Zero (with just a tiny splash of Bourbon).

Here's a couple of photos from last night:


The Blogger Companions - Col and Craig

Col and Lee-Anne

Bloss and I
Posted by Picasa


Lee-Anne and I
Posted by Picasa
All right kiwis, possums and others - have a good week. I apologise for not commenting much lately - a bit pushed for time so have been doing a quick read to keep up with your news on Bloglines but haven't been taking the time to open up and comment but I"ll try to do better next week.
Take care
Love Z xx

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having a great trip. Enjoy your last evening in NZ. Its overcast and raining in Qld, so not anything to hurry home for!!!

Chris H said...

You jet setter you ! So glad you and Lee Anne (and the boys) had a nice time, sorry we didn't get to go out to a restaurant, that would have been nice.... but at least you can say you had a KIWI BBQ! Cooked by two kiwi blokes too!! Have a safe trip home before you recharge your batteries and head off to Scotland!

jen said...

wowwwwwwwww ya been everywhere girl...and 3 weeks to get organised again....
Glad you met the girls and had a great time...love the pics

Jen xx

Anne said...

Lovely that you were able to meet up with Lee-Anne:-) Looks like you all got on fine!

Hope your trip back home went ok - not long until you fly out again!

Lee-Anne said...

I love the blogger companion expression for the guys. It was a great night and so lovely to meet you. Col and I had a fantastic time.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Dont stress about commenting.. we know you are about.. and i for one know how hard it is to keep up with everything at the moment!!!
And yes I must agree with you..I have had an amazing year!!!

maria said...

Oh mobile phones.. they run out of juice... we leave them behind.. they drop out of "range".. and we run out of credit!! High maintenance buggers aren't they? I enjoyed your "meeting" photo's!! I hope the food was nice for you too over there? My youngest sister did a hiking holiday in NZ (they hiked 70km's in 5 days in all sorts of terrain)..and she really disliked the food in NZ?? (They stayed in quality hotels too as they always do). She said it was expensive and low quality? My brother in law was really peeved with the departure tax apparantly when they were leaving the country. You being a seasoned traveller..I wonder how many of those you've had pay over the years?

I'm excited for you re: Scotland!! Nearly there... !! :-)

Em said...

Glad to see your having so much fun ..awsome on meeting Lee-Anne :)

Anonymous said...

Ohhh I'm so jealous, I would love to go to NZ. You are looking wonderful Zanna... so happy and healthy :)

xoxo

Amy said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous time in NZ. It is such a beautiful place. I would love to catch up for a coffee if you can squeeze it in. I should be free on these dates. My boyfriend Ben leaves on the 12th of Jan and he is trying to organise a trip to Dublin but I will let you know if i'll be away. It would be lovely to meet you in person.

xxxxxxx

Christine said...

Thanks so much for your kind comment. It's been a tough week for me - and its so nice to check my blog and see such caring people. I very much appreciate you sticking with me and keeping an eye on my blog. (((hug)))