LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Nothing much to say really!

I'm having an ordinary sort of a week - not doing anything too bad but not exactly setting the world on fire. Good old TOM showed up after a 6 week break and while I don't really suffer, I do find that I tend to feel a bit mediocre for want of a better expression. So weight wise nothing too exciting just been really maintaining but need to lose some more before I get too settled into maintaining but like so many of you I seem to be turning the handle but the motor refuses to crank. However come the weekend I'm sure I'll start to spark up - need to finish packing as I'm working till Wednesday and have evening appointments at beauticians, hairdressers and kennels with Zanna every night and then we have to leave here at 6.30am on Thursday to drive to the airport and then we're up, up and away to New Zealand and then early the following week I have my first live blogger meeting with Chris and Anne and then hopefully Lee-anne - I'm so excited but nervous too. But it will be good practice as I plan to do more of it when I'm in Scotland. Hoping to get to Edinburgh one day to catch up with Lainey and Shauna. My other hope while I'm there is to meet up with a guy I went to school with. There were 3 of us in the Higher Latin class - two boys and I and I think I used to lead them terribly astray. Anyway after leaving school I saw and heard nothing of this guy - Al for many many years then about 3 or 4 years ago we got in touch through Friends Reunited and we've been emailing reasonably regularly ever since. I had originally thought that I might be able to catch up for a night on the way home to Oz as I passed through Heathrow but of course I've now got a flight direct to Glasgow from Amsterdam so won't be at Heathrow. So then I emailed him telling him I was coming and wondering if he was going to be up in Scotland seeing his Mum (who lives only about 10 miles from my Mum) while I was there. Unfortunately he leaves to go back to London from Scotland on 28 December - the same day as I leave Australia. Anyway we're both really keen to meet up so I might have a quick jaunt to London for the weekend - there's some nice shops there!!! (major understatement) and I should be able to pick up a cheap flight there and back. But it's going to be so strange meeting up with someone I once knew well - and last saw 36 years ago!! when I was 16. We've both changed heaps - we exchange photos (think I've improved out of sight since then and he's now drop dead gorgeous! - I'm a granny and his children are 12 and 16.) - but I think underneath the silly 16 year olds are still lurking! So there could be an interesting post about the reunion coming up in early January. Right, can't think of anything else worth mentioning. My next post will probably be from 'The Land of the Long White Cloud' and I'll make sure we capture plenty of photos of the Kiwi/Kiwi Scot/ Oz Scot meeting. Have a brilliant week good people. Love Zanna xx ps Thinking that since Chris and Anne have always thought of as my blog name Zanna - they'll probably keep calling me that instead of my real name Anne. And every time they say Zanna, Bloss will probably look round thinking that they're talking to the dog!!! pps And for someone who didn't have much to say I've managed quite a lengthy post!!

15 comments:

Apple2Hourglass said...

I met Chris when she was in Sydney, I love her to pieces and i'm so jealous that you're going t see her. Please please please give her the biggest hug from me! Maybe we will meet up one day and do the same!! I would love to meet you.

Amy said...

Have a fabulous trip!! You really are a little jet setter!! I can't believe your name is not zanna. The name really suits you.
xxxx

Christine said...

I like the name Zanna. It works.

Sienna said...

I am so excited you are going away again. I can't wait until you get there so you can tell me all about it!

Jocelyn said...

For someone with not much to say, you managed a few paragraphs lol

Hope you have the most fantastic time in NZ, looking forward to the updates and the photos.

Take care

Joc xxxx

maria said...

Usually it works out like that doesn't it? Often when I start a letter saying "Just thought I'd write a few lines, have to make it quick as I need to do this and this"..I end up writing pages and pages! Same with my emails.

You have lots to look forward to.. I hope you can get to London! And I wasn't expecting you to say your friend was drop dead gorgeous..for some reason I was thinking you'd say he had gained 100kg's and had really aged! Wow..we'll have some fab photo's to catch up with when you get back! Zanna is a good name and suits you..but Anne also suits you!!

Julie's Journey said...

Have a wonderful trip and give Anne a big hug from me.

Lyn said...

As I type this you're here in NZ!! Yayy!! *waving to the sky* lol

I know what you mean about being nervous meeting bloggers for the first time, I always am to. But honestly both Chris and Lee-anne are sweeties!! (Haven't met Anne in reality yet)

Anonymous said...

have a great trip. I will look forward to seeing the pics when u get back

Anne said...

Love the name Zanna - but do also think of you as Anne! LOL - who knows what I will call you. And to Lyn's comment - I'm 'sort of" sweet!

Suzy said...

Have a lovely time. Say "hello" to the girls for me too. I will look forward to some pics. xx

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time, z. I'd love to be going on an adventure. Enjoy every minute xx

maria said...

I didn't get back in time to send you off to New Zealand with a big virtual hug and "best wishes" and "have lotsa fun"!!

Thinking of you while you are oh-so-far-away.

Actually probably not much further than you normally are come think of it.. ?!

Can't wait to hear about it all when you get back!

Chris H said...

It's December 3rd, we are meeting you in just a few hours! Anne from Palmy is lovely, a really NICE lady, does not swear even!!! I am really nervous about meeting you, which is so silly! I have tried on various outfits but finally just said to myself "Oh fuck it, I will just dress like normal" ... so trackpants, t shirt and sneakers it is!!!! See you soon!

Anonymous said...

just thought i would drop by and say a big hello and that i hope u are enjoying ur trip.

I saw the pics on Chris's page from last night, looks like a great night.

Have fun
Cat
XO