LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Lynched by Livy

Well I've been nobbled again - this time by the Lovely Livy. Today I have to share with you 5 random facts about me that you don't already know. Now since I am one of those menopausal ladies whose memory has run off with a younger man/woman and I've been blogging for a couple of years - the bottom line is I've no idea what I've already told you all. But I'll try to dig down in the memory bank and find something you just might not already know. 1. I wasn't a virgin until I got married! There now .... that got you all sitting up straight. And what's more it's true. My maiden name was Brown but I married a guy whose surname was Virgin - absolutely true - I have a marriage certificate to prove it. So hence I wasn't a virgin until after I got married. Just for your interest we actually changed it to something similar but more normal when I was pregnant with our eldest son. 2. Nowadays I come across now as a very feminine sort of a person who enjoys things like perfume, mascara, false nails, jewellery and high heels. But I was an incredible tomboy as a child - spent many hours riding my pony through the forests behind our home with only my dog as additional company. I also acquired many farming skills and spent many school holidays helping in the milking parlour at my uncle's farm - so yes, I can milk a cow. 3. I was one of the first two woman in Scotland to achieve a Certificate of Professional Competence in National Road Haulage Operations (a Transport Manager). The ensuing article and photo in several national newspapers several months later (while I was still known as A. Virgin) resulted in a series of obscene phone calls from a bit of a filthy smooth talker. What he didn't know was that while he was making all these suggestions about the underwear I was wearing, in actual fact I was nine months pregnant with my eldest, absolutely huge and definitely not wearing brief undies as he fondly imagined! 4. I said in my last 'tag' that I'm not a swearer - just something I don't do - might think it occasionally but don't usually verbalise. However I got rid of the above smooth talker by letting rip one day with everything I'd ever learned while working in the transport industry - not pretty I can tell you..... and the funny thing ... he never did call back!!! 5. At one stage of my life when we were rather short of funds, I took up part time market research to earn a few extra dollars. This was a fascinating experience where you have to sell yourself rather than a particular item or concept so that people will talk to you. One particular survey I was involved in was looking at Australian woman and the lives they had led. It could have been a really invasive survey but was incredibly well written and designed so that the participants usually ended up quite happily giving the required information (which was all anonymous anyway). But I was asking women about the relationships they had had, pregnancies they had had, contraception they had used etc. Very personal stuff. It was mind blowing stuff and amazing to find how many people had a story - which you would never have guessed on first meeting them. What was intensely gratifying to me was the number of these woman who after participating in this interview with me, said that they had unearthed emotions, thoughts and feelings that they had buried for years and actually ended up thanking me for letting them talk to me. A very humbling experience for me and one which gave me much more understanding of my 'sisters' in this world. Well chaps, that was a big story - hope you enjoyed it and now who can I tag? Maria - you thrive on this! and I need to keep nurturing my little flower. Cat - you have far too much time on your hands and I need to stop you getting up to mischief! Betty - I've just stumbled across your blog and you've got lots of interesting ideas and thoughts. And I think you're nowhere near as tough as you make out to be! Joc - because I know you're special but you still haven't realised it yet! Anne - because I suspect we're very alike in lots of ways and I'm going to be lucky enough to meet you in the next couple of weeks to find out just how much! Go girls go!! Love Z xx

13 comments:

Chris H said...

Tags a neat cos they give us more info about the people we read... but I dont' do them cos I think I blather on about me and mine enough already! I am quaking in me boots thinking about your visit... shit oh dear I do swear!!! Maybe not as badly and as often as I think... but the bad words do just jump out of me mouth! I hope I don't shock you too much! In fact I will probably be so scared of offending you I will clam up totally and just sit there like a deaf mute!!! LOL well.... maybe not!

Lyn said...

I agree with Chris ... this particular tag has been really interesting!! I didn't know any of those facts about you ... now I guess I can say I'm a little bit older and a little bit wiser :)

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

I agree with Chris... always good to learn a bit more about our fellow bloggers!

Yummy Mummy said...

Ha.. Vigin... Glad you changed it to something a little smoother for the kids to cope with!

Sienna said...

Very interesting info Mrs Virgin,.... very interesting indeedy!

Jocelyn said...

Mrs Virgin "snort" would have been interesting in the delivery room!

Anonymous said...

This is a cool tag i love learning new things about people, thanx for sharing. Have a great day

maria said...

Well.. I found your answers captivating. I laughed out loud with A.Virgin - I think you should give us 5 random facts weekly..!! Haha! Kidding. I actually teared-up with the nurturing "little flower" comment too. That meant so much :-) Of course I will delight in doing this :-) I'm finishing a post I started a few weeks ago.. I want to get it out of the way (it will include updates too) - but the NEXT post after that.. I will PLAY. I will have to formulate my 5 things now. You're a fascinating woman - thanks for sharing and for tagging me!

Anne said...

Loved catching up on the random tag. Had to grin at your first married surname. My daughter is a Human! Will do mine over the weekend.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading this. You are right , you can never tell what a woman is going to be like just by looking at her. I have found out some shocking things from the most strait laced looking of us! It's very cool indeed.

Five things about me:

1. I'm not as tough as I think I am and when I write as Betty I sound a lot more grounded than I actually am. In truth, I'm a big scardy cat and have to work very hard on my self esteem.

2. I think the actual act of sexual intercourse with a man is really ridiculous and I can't think about it too much or I will gross myself out. :)

3. I pick at my feet and my toes on the couch every night. it is truly rank.

4. when I was 9 I had an orthodontist find a tumor growing in my chin and because he was so excited, he kept injecting me with more and more needles to dig deeper. TWo nurses held my legs down while I screamed blue murder. My parents could hear me down in the lower building and my Mum kept telling my dad to sit down and relax. THey had no idea what he was doing up there to me. I had surgery soon after, and they put me under a general this time!

5. I can write limmericks and poems and witty skits and my family all come to me when they want a birthday invitation or card written up.

There you go! 5 random things...thank you for thinking of me!

Apple2Hourglass said...

You crack me up lady!!

molly said...

Nice way to get to know you better!. Who would have thought that A tart Who Travels would also be a milker of cows, an as-needed potty-mouth, and a successful amateur therapist!!

Jay said...

You are always a fascinating woman, but this was just choc-full of gems.