LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Magical 10

It's only Sunday and weekly weigh in isn't till tomorrow, but since we have some beautiful rain and I'm just having a blobby kind of a day, I thought I'd make a start to this weeks post.

Well this bloody traveller's diarrhea has proved hard to shift. This past week, although the diarrhea part of things settled back down, I was left was stomach cramps and pains. I went back to the doctor (my own one this time) on Friday and he put me on a three day course of antibiotics. Today is the last day and I think my insides are nearly back to normal.

Will be interesting to see how I go in the weight loss stakes tomorrow - I think I might even be up a little bit. I still haven't been exercising as it's taken all my efforts just to go to work each day and then of course there's the old 'feel sorry for yourself story'. I haven't actually eaten much that would pose a problem but a lot more processed type foods than normal just cos they're convenient and have been very careful with fruit and vegies till my tummy had settled. Then I've been having a couple of glasses of wine of an evening. So we'll see.

Now the title! Well although I might not be doing anything too clever with the kilos - the inches seem to dropping very nicely. I put on a pair of black jeans (stretch - Size 12) on Saturday and they were really quite big. So that of course gave me an excuse to have a look for another pair. Now just by good luck, Katies were having a 50 per cent off sale and I got a very nice pair of black stretch jeans in Size 10 which fit very nicely. So that made me feel fantastic. I also got a lovely pair of dress black pants - they're 12's but a nice easy fit so came home walking on air! Even what I call my skinny jeans - Peaches size 12 non stretch - are feeling very comfortable.

These are the jeans I got in Hong Kong - no idea what size - the little man just flicked a tape measure round my waist and my hips and said 'these will fit' and they did!

However I recognise the challenge for me now - this is the dangerous time - I'm starting to feel really good and enjoying wearing clothes, have had three different guys at work in the last week comment that I was losing weight and typically this is the time when I start to become complacent and stop worrying about losing the last few kilos. So my commitment to you all is that tomorrow I'll be out walking again, leaving the wine alone for a while and generally aiming to get back into that nice headspace again!


Had to have a passport photo taken so the travel agent could organise our visas for Cuba. Above is the result - still very pale (and interesting!!) after being sick plus I seem to have a black line under my chin - think it must be just shadow.

On the subject of magic - although my bottom half is decreasing nicely, the girls are stubbornly maintaining most of their former glory. They've reduced slightly but not that much - still managing to fill most of a 12E. I stumbled on this website for a supposedly non surgical solution. While the testamonials seem great, I keep thinking of the old saying - 'if it seems too good to be true - it probably is!'. But still churning it over in my mind and thinking - what have I got to lose - a couple of hundred bucks and hey it might just work. We'll see.

Thanks everybody for your comments on the newlook blog - I'm one of those people who succumb to boredom regularly and have to do something different. It's not that long since I did the new hairdo thing so I had to find something else to set about! And re. the new name - well it seems Chris H was feeling a bit lonely being the sole tart, so I'm delighted to have joined her in that esteemed position!!

One last picture - this is my half of the study where all these literary gems originate!

Ok people, I'll stop for now and post this tomorrow once I've had my weigh in.

MONDAY MORNING
Good morning all - feeling quite chippy this morning. Got up at 5 and have been for a walk - thinking I might have to ease back into the running gradually. But the best news is that I've stayed the same this week so really happy about that and have big plans for the week ahead. Have a great week everyone!
MONDAY MORNING LATER
Just realised that the pictures haven't come through - was using Picasa to upload and thought I could just cut and paste the URL - obviously not - will fix up tonight when I get home as I don't have Picasa loaded on my work PC, so check back tonight to get the photos.

17 comments:

Julie's Journey said...

I know that complacent feeling so well. Sometimes I think it is the space I inhabit most of the time. Congrats on the size 10 jeans! Incredible. Glad you noticed the photos werent there. Will check in later to see them all. Have a great week.
Juliexxx

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Glad the photo thing wasnt just me..I hate missing out on visuals... haha
Congrats on getting into some size 10 jeans... ohhh I could only imagine what that must feel like...
I was about 7 yrs old last time I saw size 10 jeans..hahahaha

Chris H said...

I will comment once I have seen ya photos, just wanted to say..."Hi there fellow tart" LOL !!!

jen said...

ohhhhhhh goody will check in later and see the pics!

Glad you didn't have the gain you thought you might...thats great. Now have a great week....enjoying those size 10 jeans!!!

Jen xx

Anonymous said...

it does look great! and so do you and katies size 10 jeans are definitely skinny jeans babe!

Lyn said...

Photos are showing up fine for me.

Size 10 is absolutely fantastic!! And well done on staying the same. I agree with you on the becoming complacent being dangerous part. When I got to goal I struggled with that. I think the key for me this time is to continually set myself goals to achieve. Once the weightloss ones are done then move onto sporting ones.

Good on your for getting straight back into it!!

Christine (Australia) said...

I seem to be in that complacent zone at the moment!
Woohoo, size 10 jeans, you skinny tart!! Congratulations..

Anne said...

So easy to slip into the complacent mode - I'm guilty of that! I think we all are at times.

Size 10 jeans - amazing!! Bet that made you grin.

Love the new blog - also love the title!!

molly said...

Nice new look over here! mine will be the same old boring decorating scheme for a long while yet. I'm hard pressed to do the basics, never mind doing fancy fiddling!

Sienna said...

Glad to hear the tummy bug has finally gone! You look wonderful in those jeans, you are one hot sexy Mama!!

Christine said...

You look just great! You should be so proud of yourself. Your passport photo surprises me though - in Canada you aren't allowed to smile in the photo. They won't allow it. Makes for a very terrible photo that I would share with anyone! Ha! Take care and thanks for stopping by my blog.

Lee-Anne said...

You look gorgeous. I wish my bottom half would start decreasing.

I hope the travellers diarrhea has well and truly departed.

Have a great week and keep up with the walking.

Doug Bagley said...

Hey, speaking of diarea, what do you call a vegetarian with it? A salad shooter! Argh, argh, argh.
I went on a grapefruit diet but had to quit. Everytime I pee'd I squirted myself in the eye. HA!
Have a good one

Jay said...

Congratulations on achieving the ultimate: fitting in to the skinny jeans!

You've been doing such an amazing job it would be tragic to get complacent now - think about how hard you've worked to get this far and push just a little to get to the other side!

The Candid Bandit said...

WOW. I love the new look blog and new look you!

*wolf whistle*

Congratulations on your new skinny jeans status!

Pam said...

What a glamorous granny! I'm not nearly so glamorous and I'm not even a granny. Sigh.

maria said...

Hi Zanna,
This was posted the day after we arrived in Brisbane.. so I have some catching up to do! I have come back to your blog to find the makeover! I love it! A woman after my own heart as anything 'travel' excites me. Like you, I enjoy a 'breath of fresh air' with certain things so I hope to give my blog a makeover one day. I've seen some sites where you have to pay $15 or something.. it might very well be worth it. I will keep that in mind for the future. Your little black jeans are great and you are looking "slim-as". Good on you and thanks for dropping by my blog -always good to 'see' you :)