LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, June 11, 2007

Rings, Wrongs and the Road to Ruination

The above sums up the direction I've been going this last week - and the scales reflect it too. Gain of 1.4kgs - dohhhh!!! Mind you staying the same last week was really a fluke and since I've been so slack this week I've ended up twice as bad. I'm not going to bore you with a blow by blow account, instead here are the signposts I made the wrong turning at:

  • had some lovely rain during the week, so didn't exercise
  • forgot my pedometer one day so didn't bother for the rest of the week
  • still having a drink or two every night
  • stopped tracking after two days
  • it's been much cooler so want to eat more - and have done so
  • because of the above not drinking enough water

In my favour I have been aware of what I've been doing but against that why the hell didn't I do something different. Actually I made a choice about Thursday to just let this week play out (we're having a long weekend here) and that today would mark the start of sanity and sensibility again (that's probably a bit strong - don't think I've been either sensible or totally sane in my entire life!)

Ok, so it's done and now a new week started and next week I'll have a proper review to share with you which should give much better results.

So besides masticating, imbibing and remaining sedentary all week, what else have I been up to?

Well whilst in the sedentary position with my laptop, I've been doing a bit of researching for our upcoming trip - checking out the reviews on all hotels we'll be staying at, finding out where to go and what to do etc. I really wanted to get the Lonely Planet books for several of our destinations but buying them new was going to cost the best part of $200. Then I had a brainwave and decided to check out EBay. So far I've picked up Cuba for $19.95, Los Angeles for $16.99, and San Francisco for $12.50 - all including postage. I've got a bid in for Mexico which ends tomorrow and I already had the Las Vegas one. So hopefully for around $70 I'll have the whole lot I wanted - obviously they are not the latest editions but I can happily live with that - the core information is the same.

Of course having submitted to the pleasures of EBay again - I had been leaving it alone for a while - I thought I'd just check out the Ladies Clothing section and a little red jacket by Blase caught my eye and I popped on a bid and have got that for $12.50. I've put a few other bits and pieces on my watch list and might just put a bid on nearer to them closing. Here's the jacket.



I've taken up the 'show off your ring' challenge (I suspect only the readers from Oz - and maybe NZ see any humour in that statement) - I know it certainly wouldn't mean anything in the UK. Anyway I'm a bit of a bling person - and wear my 'gold' all the time. So here's both left and right hand and 'the bangles'





I've built up the pieces over time - there's a ring I bought at an antique jewellery sale, wedding rings, some I bought myself, one from E bay, one from a pawn shop, a green sapphire I bought in Thailand with money Mum sent for my 50th, one I got with money my ex gave me for my 40th (we were still together - the friendship is not that good!). The bangles include the gate one from my Mum - just cos I was there, the huge one for my 50th from Bloss, another smaller one from Bloss for Christmas one year, another one from Bloss for my birthday one year and one I bought myself . There are still a few more in the treasure chest - another couple of rings, a charm bracelet I got for my 21st and have added to over the years, several neck chains including a heavy one (I treated myself to) for which I've got a smokey quartz enhancer (bought with the money I got for 10 years service with my company) and matching smokey quartz earrings (Bloss's present last Christmas). I tend to jangle when I move!!! and I've only got gold - no silver. I've got quite fair skin and silver tends to disappear into the background on me.

Coming back to earth and talking about things that count - I've had an email from my hairdresser - she's had an op and had the malignant part of her liver removed and is recovering quite well from that. However she now has to undergo another 6 months of chemo. The only good thing about that is she's going to be able to have it done at our local hospital this time. The last time she had to fly to Brisbane every second week. So much less upheaval in her family life and no travel costs although I think the actual treatment is going to cost much more. She's decided to sell the salon and apparently the new owner is going to take over in the next couple of weeks. The stress of trying to raise children, run a business while trying to salvage her own health was just going to be too much. She's keen for us to meet for lunch or coffee so have emailed back and now just waiting to hear from her when we can catch up.

OK that a big enough waffle for me this week. Hope you've all had a more productive week than me - but I'm going to have my name back up in lights next week - here goes!!

9 comments:

Christine said...

Hey - you sound like just as much of a EBAY junkie as I am. There must be a support group for folks like us. And right now our Canadian dollar is almost par with the US dollar, so its amazing for purchasing my weaknesses. Sounds like you had a good week "off" - getting back on the wagon with me?? I will pick you up on my way by.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Oh bummer about the gain.. but you will have it off in no time...
Love the rings... ha ha.. and no I bet anyone out of NZ or Aus would understand our laughing at that saying.. haha
I love ebay also... But the postage is usually the killer...

Chris H said...

Haa haa ha, what did I start when I showed off my rings??? Love yours, and I too have a couple of bangles/chains on the wrist... didn't think to put them up! Darn about the gain. Sad about your hairdresser having such bad health, sending good wishes her way.

Christine (Australia) said...

Zanna, I'm sure you'll turn this around with your determination!
Don't you love getting some bargains on ebay?? I haven't bought anything on there for ages but might just have to go "shopping" again soon...
My thoughts are with your hairdresser.. It's great that she wants to meet to have lunch with you..
We just found out this week that one of my uncles has a brain tumour and they are operating on him tomorrow.. Very upsetting news..
Hope you have a great week this week and look forward to seeing your name up in stars next week!

Julie's Journey said...

I think I am living in a parallel universe in NSW - my week sounds so like yours. Here's hoping for a better week this week.

jen said...

Thats what this ww journey is all about, so many roads to travel, and yep we all find a detour every now and then....believe me I found a few along the way!!
But next week will be better, your name will be back up in lights again....go girl!!

Jen

Lyn said...

Would love to wear jewellery like you do, but just not practical in my job/hobbies. And I so miss having my long manicured nails. Yours are just beautiful!! Again practicalities go above beautifying ... one day maybe :)

Suzy said...

Love your jewellery!
Sorry about the scales, but the main thing is you feel better from your "bug".

maria said...

Loved your heading! I also loved the way you spelled it out in separate points what you did differently that would have contributed to your weight gain. It's all there in black and white and someone like me looks at it and goes "look, even Zanna (or read: other people), if she slips here and there .. will gain weight too.. see...tracking IS important.. water IS important.. exercise IS..." you get my drift? It reminds me of what does and doesn't work.. even though I know. It's that 'prod'. Well done for sharing it with us.. and I know you'll be fine. You're human and even a week like that is all part of the journey of success. At least it wasn't 2 kilo's! Now.. do you take off all those carats and bling when you weight yourself? Hehe.