LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, June 18, 2007

Back on track ............. just!

Well I’m pleased to report a loss of 1kg this week, so I’m nearly back to where I should be. I’ve had a much better week but as my title says I feel I’m not quite where I should be. I read with interest Ails’ post of 11 June in which she talks about ‘Maintenance before Goal’ and I think that sums up what has happened to me in the past and is in danger of happening again. You feel and look so much better having lost a sizable number of kilos, that you tend to slacken off and just maintain at that weight and don’t go that extra bit to where you really should be. I’ve been doing my usual review of the week and while I did a lot of good things, there were also some things I did (or didn’t) and these same things are what makes the difference and get you to the finishing post. I’m trying really hard at the moment to get back into that nice little headspace I had before I went to Hong Kong because I can see that if I don’t work at getting back there, I’ll just cruise through the next 8 weeks till I go on holiday again and won’t achieve any further weight loss – traditionally I’ll just faff around – 1kg down, 1kg up – sound familiar?? Anyway what happened this week– Exercise - got back into my daily 5am walk/run routine. I started over at Week 6 of the C25K – since I’d had almost a month off what with holidays and illness. The running went well and I did Day 3 of Week 6 which is 25mins this morning and felt great both during and after – as compared to last Friday when I did Day 2 – 2 x 10 min runs with a 3 minute walk in the middle. I wasn’t having trouble breathing, my legs weren’t sore – I just felt doughy, so it was heartening to feel bouncy again this morning. Tracked pretty well – logged on my WW online up to Friday and continued to track mentally over the weekend. Points – good during the week – a little bit up on the weekend Steps – 57,100 – just over 8,000 a day Alcohol – great during the week – didn’t have any, then Friday night Bloss and I had one of those nice nights where we had lots to share and discuss – mainly related to both our careers – we both work for the same company and some changes may be afoot for both of us. Anyway these discussions were very well lubricated with a couple of bottles of wine. Saturday night we went out for dinner with friends and I offered to be the driver so only had one and a little bit glasses but then yesterday we had a big day cleaning in the house and yard so I felt I’d earned one or five last night!! And that’s where my danger points come from – I count all the food points and they’re great but then if I add on the alcohol – not so good! Gym – I’m not back at the gym yet. The one I was going to closed down while I was on holiday and I need to set up a time with my Personal Trainer for an assessment and programme at another gym. Have now made contact with her so hopefully will get something organised this week

Water - brilliant during the week but bloody hopeless on the weekend So in the week ahead I'm just going to try try try to get my head back into the nice little groove. Having a 5th Avenue Collection jewellery party this Thursday night. I went to one that a lady who works for me had and she needed another party booking to get something super duper or whatever so I said I would have one. My thinking was that it would be a good opportunity to get a few friends together for some drinks and nibbles and if anyone wants to buy anything well and good but I don't really care. What is good about this one is that you pay and take your goods on the night. No me having to collect money from all and sundry and you don't get your stuff for a month. You remember the nice little red jacket I won on Ebay last week? Well it arrived on Friday and when I went to try it on there was a tear in the lining on the shoulder, then I discovered the hem coming down on one sleeve and then when I took it off the lining on that sleeve came out separately from the sleeve! I was a bit disappointed as although it was cheap there had been no mention of these faults in the description. Anyway rather than just jump in boots and all and leave negative feedback, I contacted the seller via Ebay messages expressing my disappointment - not at all nastily. I got a very quick reply from the seller saying that he doesn't sell faulty goods and if I could send him some photos showing the damage then he could arrange a refund if appropriate. I sent the photos and my bank details and then got a very apologetic reply and confirmation that my account had been credited with the full amount I had paid. So all round a win/win for both of us - I left positive feedback describing how well he'd handled the problem - so important for serious sellers and I've got a jacket for free which is rather nice and I'll just get my local dressmaking lady to fix it up for me. This is a classic example of how I have matured over the years - 20 years ago I would just have left very negative feedback - whereas now I think first and try to resolve things amicably and have discovered that nine times out of ten it works and everyone's happy. Mind you I can still fire up like a whirling dervish if the occasion demands it! All right good people - hope you're all focussed on whatever is important to you right now whether it be weight loss, family, holidays or even embarking on a new chapter of your life (as a few of you are) and that you have a great week.

10 comments:

Christine said...

OH yeah on your loss. Congrats to you. And regarding ebay - you are very lucky to have worked out the transaction like that. Some don't go that smoothly - I hate leaving back feedback as well - and so happy to hear it worked out for you. take care of yourself and hope you have a great week.

Chris H said...

Maintenance... I got to goal, tried to maintain... couldn't... so this time I am learning to maintain as I go along, it is working! I have maintained my weight for over a year... at 15 kgs OVER !!! dERRRRR. I go up and down by 5kgs, so you are lucky it's only 1. I'm lucky I hardly ever drink, I can see how it can cause problems when you are trying to lose weight. Empty calories and all that. And like you, once upon a time I too would have flown off the handle about the jacket and blow it... you handled it very well, and got it for free at the end of the day, what a score! I hope your dressmaker can fix it up for cheap.

Christine (Australia) said...

Wow Zanna - that's a great loss! Sounds like you're getting back into your groove!
I can relate to the maintenance before goal thing, but I haven't given up hope of getting to goal - I'm still determined to get there, just having a little rest along the way!
Have a great week & hope the jewellery party is lots of fun!

Ails said...

Oh wow Zanna - you're the second blog I've read tonight that's referred back to that post of mine. It just goes to show that the struggles we face along the weight loss journey are not unique. We all have times when our focus is diverted, so taking the time to reflect on this is so valuable. Thanks Darl for all your comments on my blog, I really appreciate it! And by the way, how fantastic are you fitting into size 10 jeans *wolf whistles* A x

Anne said...

Some times I read someones blog and they can be describing exactly how I feel! I think the danger time is when you start feeling great, the compliments are coming in that then we lose the urgency to finish what we've started. I'm hoping it will come back!

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Well done on getting back on track.. a 1kg loss is nothing to be sneezed at... And I am proud of your effort with ebay...

Lyn said...

Congrats on the loss!! I agree with you on the becoming complacent thing. A very hard thing to get our heads around. That's where I think blogging is so important for me, it keeps me focused on where I am headed!

jen said...

Great going...a kilo gone, sounds like you found your mojo again....keep it up!!
The maintenance before goal thing does work you know....I maintained(up and down 4 kilo's) for 8 months plus before I got to goal...but perservering got me there and will you too!!

Jen xx

maria said...

I've had some dodgy eBay things happen to me recently. A pair of shoes I bought arrived with each shoe being a different size and reeking of very heavy cigarette smoke. The seller called me a liar and despite trying to get it resolved of course it meant a negative for me because I left them a negative. I bought a hardback book recently that arrived and it was softcover and poorly packaged too (ripped open in the mail). I've had positive experiences too but it's the negative one's with horrible sellers that disillusion me and make me shy away from eBay as a seller and a buyer. I'm glad your situation was resolved and the seller believed you after the photo's. I've had a seller accuse me of altering things to look bad in photo's.. Look at me..I'm going on and on about eBay!

You're so right about the 'nearing goal weight' thing. The two times I've lost a stack of weight in my life I've never reached goal..and I've just accepted where I was at. I'm not experiencing what you are right now..but I can identify and I wish you all the best. Very well done on your weight loss! Good on you for getting back into the walks/runs too!

maria said...

Thank you *so much* for your latest blog comment ~it meant a lot, truly. :-)