LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, June 25, 2007

Tripped and stumbled!

I did some really good things this week, but I also did some not so good things - and since the bad outnumbered the good, I'm back up 500g. I had another one of those talks with myself last night and I think I've got the right mindset for the week going forward. Mind you I thought I had that last Monday - and I did till about Wednesday. However today starts another week so I'm going to make it one that counts.

What did I do well?
Steps - I managed over 74,000 for the week - that's a daily average of about 10,600
C25K - I finished Week 6 and then completed Week 7 - that's three days of running for 25 mins. Today I started Week 8 and ran for 29mins this morning.
Walk - I walked only one day this week as my other scheduled walking day was very wet so I gave it a miss.
Water - overall not too bad - not as much as I'd like but certainly better than the previous couple of weeks

What didn't I do well
Alcohol - I know that alcohol stuffs up my fluid balance, but I had all these reasons why I deserved a wine or two for five nights out seven this week. We had some major process issues at work at the end of last week and this meant big, tiring days for both Bloss and I. So of course we'd get home and open a bottle of wine and just sit and relax and wind down - not really a valid excuse - I could wind down with a cup of tea!!
Tracking - started off well then got a bit busy and it sort of went by the wayside.
Points - pretty good up to and including the jewellery party, but Friday was the nightmare day at work and it was all hands on deck and lunches were provided - pizza!! Also had biscuits, cheese and dips for the jewellery party and they've been calling me from the fridge!!

So there you have it! Enough ...... onwards and downwards!!


Now we have a picture of what I got at the jewellery party - the butterfly brooch was my hostess gift, then I got the two necklaces at half price and the earrings for free. We had a great time - ended up with a real mish mash of people there - from age 80 down to about 23, colleagues from work, neighbours and friends. But it was one of those gatherings where everybody just clicked and we had some huge laughs and lots of fun. I've had several people tell me since, how much they enjoyed themselves.


We've had unusually cold weather and unseasonal rain this past week - not that I'm complaining - always delighted to see rain - coming from Scotland I never thought I'd ever feel like that! Anyway the other morning was really cold for us (about 7 degrees C) but we had this magnificent red sky - I took this picture from our deck - aren't the colours and shapes wonderful?

This last one was me playing with my new digital camera - Bloss has the previous one now. I was trying to work out how to take self portraits and generally mucking around to see what I had to sit it on to get the framing right. This is one of my better efforts.

Haven't had time to do much commenting this week but have been reading whenever I get the chance. Hope everyone has had a good week.

11 comments:

Chris H said...

I hope you have a better week this week, as you said, a cuppa is just as good as a wine! Love the jewelllery, and don't you look lovely!

Julie's Journey said...

What a lovely picture. You are doing so well with the running. I dont know where you get the energy from. I hope this week is better.

Suzy said...

Love the jewellery too. You look great. Love the photo from the deck too.
Look at all those steps you are doing! Fantastic!

Christine said...

You look just great. No worries on the gain - heads up for the new week.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Oh I sooo know what you mean about the wine... I dont get the same *sigh* relaxed feeling from a cup of blasted tea that i do out of a glass of scotch...that *ahhhhhh* feeling.. hehe...
But I am evil... and I love it... But I must say I have been got and for the last 6 months or so have limited my scotch consumption to fri and sat nights.. unless an emergency..haha sometimes only one night over a weekend..sometimes both... or like this weekend just gone I miss sat night and had some sunday night.. ;o)

Anyway.. dont feel bad... I dont think it is wrong.. I wont tell you you have an alcohol problem like I got told...:S:S:S Enjoy it in moderation... hugs to you..have a top week...

The Candid Bandit said...

I loved the self portrait. You look serene. :-)

How bloody wonderfully are you going with the Couch25K program. I still havent known anyone who got past week 3. Myself included.

Congratulations.

Christine (Australia) said...

Just a small hiccup - it's always hard when there's tempting dips & leftovers in the fridge!!
The jewellery is gorgeous and I love your sunrise photo..
Good luck this week - hope the work situation has settled down!

maria said...

I looked at your self portrait and imagined myself in that comfy outfit, in that size. Can't wait! Your home (from what I can glimpse) looks lovely! Sounds like the jewellery party was a mega hit.. I've not been to party's that successful before, but you described it well. Good on you for the running and checking in here on your blog for "the review". You are keeping yourself honest and because of it you're a success! Oh... nice evening sky too.. lovely!

Lee-Anne said...

You do look great in your pic - so happy and full of self confidence.

I refill my wine glass with diet lemonade.

Hope you're having a better week, but to be honest last week wasn't that bad.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Youve been tagged...drop by my blog to see what I would like you to do...
Oh and it is definitely compulsary.. HA haha

jen said...

ohhhh love the pics, the pic from the deck is gorgeous....and the self-portrait is great, looking good girl!!!

Hope you have a great week,

Jen