LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, April 16, 2007

Wacky week

This week has been kind of all over the place. I’ve had some sort of gastro virus which keeps hanging around. Started last Sunday with a bit of a funny rumbly kind of tummy, worked up to V and D by Wednesday then settled back to being rumbly and the odd quick visit to the loo and it’s still a bit like that today. This has meant that my exercise became non existent for a couple of days and my food intake has been up and down depending on how the tummy was behaving. But the good news is that I still managed a 500g loss. Reviewing the week Alcohol – none Points – probably OK – some days low and other days a bit higher Tracking – forget that – felt too sorry for myself Walks – two Gym – none – hoping to get back t here tonight C25K – managed one day of Wk 3 so started Wk 3 again this morning Water – not as good as I usually am Steps – about 33,000 but between having a day off sick and generally not exercising, I didn’t have my pedometer on for most of the week. I had a bit of a try on session this week – you know when you dig out your smaller clothes and see if they fit yet. And the big surprise I got was that they did – hadn’t realised I was back down to that size. So I’ve been mentally planning what I’m going to take to Hong Kong with me – it’s so much more fun when you’ve got lots to choose from. Have also been replanning our longer holiday to the US later this year. We were going with friends but their plans have changed and although we may meet up with them for a few days essentially we’ll be going on our own – which doesn’t worry me at all. Bloss and I holiday really well together - he submits to a bit of what I like, I tag along to anything that particularly interests him and the rest of the time we’re in perfect alignment - just having a ball! We're both 'people persons' so get a lot of pleasure meeting and talking to the local people, other travellers, in fact just about anybody! Now that we’re going on our own we’ve revamped and extended the itinerary – currently it looks like Brisbane to San Francisco for 6 nights, Las Vegas for 8 nights, Los Alamos (to see Bloss’s No 2 son, wife and our 2 grandsons) between 5 and 6 nights (will probably have to overnight in Albuquerque for one night), then 3 nights in Cancun, Mexico then 4 nights in Havana, Cuba, then Mexico City for 2 nights, Los Angeles for a couple of nights then home (almost 5 weeks). Once our Hong Kong trip is over this next one will be coming at us like a train (only 12 weeks away then)…..WOOHOO AND YEEHA!!! Well don’t seem to have much else to say so will go and do what I’m paid for now! Aim for this week is to try and reach my next goal – 10% loss. Hope everything’s going well for everybody out there. I notice I’ve got quite a few Canadian and US readers – hello to you all and would love to hear from you. Take care everyone and have a great week.

10 comments:

Chris H said...

WOW... what a holiday you have planned, it makes our 2 weeks in Australia look a bit pathetic! Lucky you! And ya for a loss this week, bugger about the tummy bug ...

Lyn said...

Ewww yucky! Hate V & D bugs!! I really wouldn't worry bout not tracking and I can't believe you still got in 33,000 steps for the week!! I tried to get to 10,000 on a walk and it took me forever and I still didn't get there!! lol

Hope your on the mend now

Anonymous said...

seriously! 2 holidays in a year! u r so lucky girl!

maria said...

Sorry that you haven't been too well Zanna :-( Well done with your continued weight loss.. which is inspirational! I am SO excited for you re: the upcoming trips.. how **wonderful**!!! Will you be completely staying away from blogging while overseas? Will we hear about it when you get back -as opposed to updates while you're away? I yearn to make such o/s trips. We are doing 5 days in Queensland in about 6 weeks.. family catch-up in Brisbane and theme parks for hubby and my girl! My youngest sister and brother--law have been to Cancun, Mexico. They made the mistake of being out in the sun when the locals were napping after lunch. Even with 'sun awareness', strongest sunscreen and hats and things my sister was burnt very badly and needed injections and medical treatment upon her return to the U.S. They thought they didn't spend much time in the sun either. They said if they were to do it over again, they'd 'siesta' too (like the locals) during the day (when the sun is at its strongest) and then be well rested to become 'night owls' like everyone else and enjoy all that's on offer at night time. Anyway.. that's my advice for Cancun.. take care of your skin Zanna & Bloss! :-)

Julie's Journey said...

Two holidays in one year (and not just weekends away either) lucky girl. Im green. Hope you are all better.

Christine (Australia) said...

Hope you're feeling better Zanna, those tummy bugs are terrible! Your holiday to the US sounds wonderful - it will be here before you know it!! Congratulations on another good consistent loss - you are powering along! Hope you get your 10% this week..

Suzy said...

Oh, sorry you have been unwell. Hope you are OK now.
Wow! Your trip sounds fantastic!

jen said...

Your trip sounds sooooooooooo exciting....something good to look forward to as you recover from your tummy bug...

good luck with your 10%

Take care of yourself,
Jen

Chris H said...

Hi chick, re: your comment on my blog, I think we are going to be in Australia about the same time you are leaving it! We are only in Brisbane for 1 night, then Gold Coast, Coffs Harbour and Sydney for the 2 weeks all up. Sad we can't meet up. I hope you have a fantastic holiday too!

Sienna said...

Sounds totally exciting your holiday! I have only been to bali!! And well done fitting into all those clothes! That's great!