LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, April 02, 2007

Phew!

A surprise visitor turned up this week - TOTM. Well not really a surprise - it's just that these days I never know just when it will put in an appearance but last time it was here I didn't lose that week. This week was shaping up to be the same or even a gain. Wouldn't have been at all happy about that!! Anyway it all came good this morning with a 200g loss. Obviously would have liked more considering the effort I've put in this week - more about that later - but all things considered I'll take it and be thankful!! The week in review : Alcohol - None - now will I or won't I this weekend? Probably will! Points - pretty good - a bit up on the weekend but I did have plenty saved from during the week so still OK. Thinking though that I might need to watch out for grapes. I adore seedless grapes and have some almost every day - but did a reality check yesterday and realised that my bunch of 100g for 1 point is probably a lot closer to 200g for 2 points!! Water - TICK Tracking - TICK Walking - 2 days C25K - 3 days (finished Wk 1) Gym - 3 days Steps - a massive 75,800 this week averaging about 10,800 daily A fairly quiet week socially this week - about time you say! but nonetheless very busy on the fitness front. I got up at 5am every week day and Monday, Wednesday and Friday I did Wk 1 of C25K, Tuesday and Thursday I walked. On Monday night I went to the gym and did my assessment and got a programme to work on - a good mix of cardio and resistance. I got a bit of a shock to discover how weak my upper body was. Had the shakes by the time we got to the end of the resistance. But I feel that if I can build up my strength there it will help my back and neck problems - not to mention tone up the flabby bits at the tops of my arms! The C25K has been good - Monday I was as red as a beetroot and dripping in perspiration by the time I finished but Wednesday and Friday I was heaps better. Today I did the first day of Wk 2 and felt quite good at the end of that. I'm kind of surprising myself at how relatively easy I'm finding it so far. Not that I expect that to continue for too long! I managed to fit in another two gym sessions after my assessment - one on Wednesday after work and one yesterday morning and starting to feel stronger and ready to up the reps already. I had been quietly salivating at the thought of a nice little Chardonnay or two on Thursday night to celebrate the onset of Easter and then a few more over the course of the weekend. But you know the funny thing (and it's downright bloody queer if you knew me well!!) I'm no longer that excited about it. I guess it's all about breaking habits - after 13 weeks I've been able to break that cycle of a drink on the deck with Bloss while we discuss our day, then one while I cook tea, then of course one with tea, and since there's only one left in the bottle - may as well finish it!! Mind you I'm also fully aware that it would only take a couple of weeks for me to get right back into it so if I do have a couple over Easter, I'll need to have the plan in place to wind it back again after the weekend. I think my trouble is that I don't do moderation very well!! How does that saying go - one's not enough and a thousand's too many! Every year we have a Harbour Festival with all sorts of events happening in the lead up week to Easter. One of the big events on Easter Sunday is Jazz n'Shiraz - held in a large marquee, with several guest artists. We've got tickets to go with our friends so that should be pretty good. Have been doing lots of blog reading - some amazing things going on around the traps - Jen and Gabby have reached goal - congratulations ladies - how good must that feel, lots of people on voyages of self discovery - takes lots of courage but I think will be very rewarding at the end of the day, and others like me just plugging away trying to peel off the pounds and enjoy life at the same time. Happy Easter everyone - be kind to yourselves - but not too kind!! We all need a wee bit of badness from time to time - or maybe I should rephrase that to a touch of goodness!

10 comments:

Chris H said...

Hmmm, is chocolate GOOD! Maybe just one.... and NO MORE! Enjoy your week and good on you for breaking the cycle of a whole bottle of bubbly at night!

Cassie said...

Well done hun! You're doing an amazing job keeping to your tracking, water and no alcohol!

I'm planning on walking more this week so fingers crossed I can do as many steps as you - my goal is to do the c25k one day - and finish it ! LOL

Have a fantastic easter and if you do indulge in that glass of chardy... BON APETIT!

Anne said...

I'm with you in that I'm pluggin away to lose YET still enjoy life along the way. Well done on the no alcohol, the gym efforts and your dedication in gneral.

Briony said...

I can't believe you're still not drinking - what a champion you are. The Jazz and Shiraz sounds great. Have a great Easter break!
I'm going to Canberra which will be as boring as bat poo!! hehe
Bri

maria said...

Enjoy the Jazz 'n Shiraz on Sunday Zanna! Hubby and I were wondering what was happening in our house at Easter and I said I wanted one Lindt bunny rabbit.. a small one, so that will be it! Love Lindt!

Jocelyn said...

Sounds like another fantastic week. I am in awe, getting up at 5am to exercise. You are in the groove!

Have a wonderful Easter

xx

jen said...

ohhhhhh I loveeeeeeee Easter and I so loveeeeeeeee chocolate...geee its gonna be a hard few days being kind to myself...BUT not too kind...

Have a great easter break...
Jen xx

Christine (Australia) said...

Hey Zanna, only 10kg to go - woohoo!! You've made such great progress this year, you should be feeling really proud of yourself.. I love the sound of the Harbour Festival - I'm sure I'd be tempted to have a wine or two.. Hope you manage to get some pics to post.. Have a wonderful Easter and enjoy yourself too.. love chris xx
PS thanks for the lovely comments each week.. xx

Suzy said...

Happy Easter Zanna!

Chris H said...

Hi Zanna, thank you for your comment yesterday, I really appreciated it.