LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, May 29, 2006

Back again

Sorry I haven’t posted recently. Last week was a bit of a write off in one way or another. I had Tuesday and Wednesday off work – generally felt pretty crappy and slept most of the two days. Then just to top it off I got an abscess on one of my teeth – still trying to work out exactly which one is causing the problem. So I’ve been on antibiotics and painkillers for that. It’s settled down again – no pain – and I’m due to see the dentist again next week – mind you I’m still not sure which one’s the problem child. Have been pretty good eating wise, pretty ordinary exercise wise and since I felt sorry for myself I’ve had a few medicinal drinks!! So nothing bad’s happened weight wise but nothing very good to report either. TOM turned up on Sunday after a 3 month break so it will be interesting to see if that makes any difference to the way I’ve been feeling. Have also just started taking Remifemin –one of my menopausal friends recommended it to me. It’s available over the counter in the chemists and is entirely herbal. I had to check with the chemist to make sure it wouldn’t interfere with the Thyroxin I take but he’s given me the all clear. So I’m popping pills left right and centre this week. Would be interested to hear if any of you have any thoughts on Remifemin? Thanks to everyone for their lovely comments about the photo of us going to the wedding – it does my ego no end of good to be told I look hot – especially when some of the comments come from bloggers half my age! This is my latest acquisition. I’m one of those people who like looking at photographs but Bloss doesn’t really share this interest. I used to have photos dotted all around the place but we did some major renovations to the house last year and I haven’t put them back as I must admit I do like the uncluttered look. But I did miss my photos so having been trying to find a compromise. Got this screen in Target last weekend and got the photo mounts from The Warehouse so have had a lovely time choosing what photos to put in and the end result fits in really well the rest of the décor. Just an aside - the top right photo is Bloss and I on our wedding day on the beach at Raratonga in the Cook Islands (3 years ago this month). We did a sneaky thing and eloped without telling a single soul and then came home and 'fessed up. And this is from Eumundi markets (we went there when we were down in Noosa)– I hadn’t seen them around here. It’s a piece of nicely polished timber with notches carved out on both sides into which you can slot terracotta pots – the lip of the pot sits in the groove, then you hang the whole thing from the ceiling. So I’ve filled them with petunia seedlings - should be quite pretty once they get going. Hope you’re all having a good week – I’ll update my sidebar when I do a proper weigh in tomorrow.

4 comments:

Julie's Journey said...

Thanks for your thoughts. Love the picture idea. I have put all my frames away too. They were just collecting dust. Lovely photo of you and Bloss on your way to the wedding - you make a great looking couple.
:o)

Anne said...

The photos look great and a real feature.

Hope your tooth comes right soon. Take care:)

Suzy said...

Hope your tooth has settled down. Nothing worse than toothache to make you feel terrible.
Love the photo idea too and your plants on the deck look great. It has been too freezing for me to go out on mine lately. Minus 3 yesterday morning! Haven't tried Remifemin, but will be interested to hear how you go with it.

Jay said...

I really like that screen. I have wanted one forever, but the only one I've ever seen was $350, which I just couldn't justify spending. I probably should have.