LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, June 12, 2006

Taking the Pledge

I just don’t seem to have a minute to spare at the moment. Mind you that hasn’t transferred itself to not finding time to eat and drink what I shouldn’t!! To clarify – have been incredibly busy at work – doing a major overhaul of some our documentation systems, collecting and collating information and documentation for a major incident investigation, rehashing our training plan for the remainder of the year and trying to bring two new team members up to speed. Hence how I come to be writing this today – a public holiday in Queensland – but it’s an ideal day when no other day workers are around to get some serious stuff done. It’s lunchtime now so I’m trying to clear my rapidly fogging brain before starting up again and thought it a good time to finally update my blog. And on the eating front – have been pretty so-so over the last couple of weeks – not too bad – not too good –and that’s fine if I was trying to maintain but I really want to lose some more. But the weekend just gone was bloody terrible – I just went nuts! But it’s Monday and I’ve packed myself a good lunch and I’m drinking water and away we go again! I’ve been doing a bit of self analysis – the reason, I believe, for the half arsed attempts to lose over the past few weeks is that I’m feeling quite good about myself again – everything fits nicely and I can walk into a shop – select a pair of size 12 pants and know they’ll fit! So what this means is that I’ve lost the urgency to get on with it and lose those last 7 kgs. So I’m having one of those introspective talks with myself – I do want to be a few kgs lighter before I go on holiday – and that’s only just over six weeks away. I need to find that focus I had during the lead up to Easter and sustain it for the next six weeks. So my pledge for the coming weeks (and I need to DO it not just say it) is to get out there walking again and leave the grog alone. I think 7.2kgs in 6 weeks is a bit ambitious but I think 4.5kg is possible so here goes………………

4 comments:

Julie's Journey said...

I am the same. Just 3 or 4 kgs from where I want to be and cant seem to get there. When you are having that talk with yourself send some vibes my way please. Let's knuckle down and see if we can do this.
:o)

Anne said...

Snap - I know how you and Julie feel! Maybe we should set up a mini challenge between us....

Esther said...

Hello there! good luck with the goal you have set yourself! I am sure you can meet the challenge - its those last few kilos that are so hard to budge isnt it?? Hipe that you have a wonderful week!

Est xox

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info Hydrocodone mastercard bextra 10 mg order ambien fitness info self heating mask private label Cosmetic technologies n 14 year old lingerie models minivan outdoor bars furniture spam blocker blackjack Boston company moving storage surveillance Glaceau vitamin water wholesalers