LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Foot off the pedal

Yep, I took my foot off the pedal a bit this week and the result …….up 200g. We had a long weekend here in Queensland so I partook of one or two wines over the weekend. Apart from that I didn’t do anything too naughty – however I do find that alcohol seems to play havoc with my fluid retention levels so hopefully now that I’m back on track again means that it’ll even up again pretty quickly and continue with the downhill trend. I’ve been walking lots though – find the incentive of trying to cover 10,00 steps a day (Walking with Attitude challenge) makes me keen to walk that bit further – as you’ll see from the side bar I’ve walked 49km this week – that’s total steps not just dedicated exercise. I do walk a fair bit at work as it’s a large site and I often have to crisscross all over it to attend meetings, catch up with my team etc. I also bought one of those mini tramps which were advertised in the Kmart catalogue for $29.95. It seems quite good – it comes with a complete workout you can do. However at this stage I’m just concentrating on jogging and getting my knees up. Even although I walk a fair bit I can feel it working different leg muscles. Don’t think I’ll ever have Elle legs but a bit of firming up can only be a good thing! And of course as you can see Josh thinks it’s fantastic! Did a bit of potting and planting on the weekend. My mum had sent us money for Christmas and I hadn’t yet spent it. I always like to try and buy something which I can look at and remember she bought us –the table and chairs on the deck were a present during a previous visit, the mini stereo from last Chirstmas etc. Anyway we wanted to buy some large glazed pots for the deck so used Mum’s money to get them and also some nice plants. Think it looks pretty good. Thanks to everyone for their supportive comments – have been pretty full on this week so while I’ve managed a couple of quick reads, I haven’t taken time to comment – will try to do better over the next few days. Have a fantastic week everyone

2 comments:

Anne said...

Great achievement with the walking. I'm really finding wearing a pedometer is keeping me at it with walking.

The tramp sounds a great idea and your grandson seems to really love it:)

Suzy said...

Well done on getting your tramp. It is exactly the same as mine. Mine has been doing a wonderful job for me for over a year. Good luck with yours.
You plants and deck look terrific.