LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Fillysoficle

Let’s talk about the good things first – the wedding was brilliant – very relaxed, quite funny in bits and a great venue for the reception. The day started out bad for them – raining heavily – and it never rains in Queensland – or not usually enough! But it rained on Friday – all day. Half an hour before the wedding we got a call saying that instead of the ceremony being on the beach it would be on the boat – the guests were being taken for a sunset cruise between the ceremony and the reception. The boat was a top venue – kept everyone close together and more to the point – dry! The groom raised a huge laugh – the celebrant started the "Do you……?" at this point he was totally absorbed in his bride – eyes (and ears) for nothing else. So when the celebrant finished speaking there was a long pause then suddenly he came to and almost yelled “Oh I do”. Laughs all round. Here’s a picture of Bloss and I dressed up ready to head off to the wedding. Now the eating and drinking – won’t bore you with a blow by blow account – Thursday was at work most of the day so following plan, made some reasonable food choices when we stopped for tea on the drive then had a few wines when we got to our friends place. Friday daytime was reasonable, didn’t go wild at the wedding, restrained myself when the nibblies were being circulated and tried to opt for the better choices but did have a few drinks. Saturday was Ok till lunchtime and shared in a large bowl of fries and a couple of beers, then Thai for tea – good choices and some wine. Sunday reasonably good choices all day, and home for a point counted tea and a final couple of wines. So Monday morning hop on the scales and I’m up 2.3kgs!!!! Time was when that would have thrown me completely and I would have been in the depths of depression but I’m feeling quite philosophical (see alternative spelling above!!) and have been fully back on plan again since Monday. Might add that this morning I’m only up 1.2kgs, so hopefully tomorrow will be even better. I’m still feeling really strange – no TOM still but little cramps and dragging sensation, really achy legs and pelvis so think it’s just my body gearing up to become a Wise Woman – see the last paragraph on this page “the Magic of Menopause”. On the upside I don’t feel any heavier or bloated so I’ll just keep to the plan, give away the alcohol (maybe relent a little on the weekend) and keep up the walking. Find I have to push myself to get started walking because of the achy legs but once I’m going it feels great. So I guess it’s all about management – I love the feeling of watching the scales go down but I’ve got to be here for the long haul so if it hiccoughs along the way I’ve just got to stay with it and stay focussed. I’ve been full on since I got back so I've just had a quick squiz to catch up on how you all are – hopefully I’ll get a chance tonight to leave a few comments – that’s after I go into town and pick up our travel documents for our Penang trip. Now there’s an incentive to get my A into G!!! Now some special mentions until I get round to commenting to you individually – congratulations to Pauline on her miracle, belated happy birthday to Lainey, Julie – hope you're enjoying your time out, Suzy enjoy your last few days in your 40s, Anne, thinking of you as you work through your emotions, and LG – how’s the running solo? Have a great week everyone. Smile for the day " I'm not a complete idiot - some of my parts are missing!

5 comments:

Anne said...

Thanks for your thoughts!!

Love your photo - you are looking great:)

Jay said...

You look amazing in your dress, at any costs.

Esther said...

Glad the wedding went well! You lookid really beautiful by the way - elegant and rather hot i must say! I agree with grover, you have a wonderful attitude to it all. thanks for your thoughts by the way

Est x

Suzy said...

Lovely photo of you both. Your dress looks gorgeous.
I can so relate to your weird peri-menopausal feelings. Good on you for sticking to your plan though. Have a great week xx

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... fujitsu graphics card for pw 250