LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Some Photos from Rome

Sorry folks - my holiday has been soo much fun but I just haven't had the time to blog. I have managed to keep up reasonably well on Facebook as those of you who know me there will know. Anyway here I am in Istanbul - last day - heading home this evening. Over the next week or so I'll post some photos in batches of each of the places we've been. It has been an amazing trip seeing so many magical places and meeting so many wonderful people. Anyway here goes with a selection from Rome - I'll label here and there.


We headed out to the Appian Way to see the catacombs - this is on the way there

An old house - trying out some photo effects

Trying out photo effects agin

We're only on a double decker bus but it looks like we might be on a roller coaster

View from the top of the Spanish Steps

Looking up the Spanish Steps

Throwing my coin into the Trevi Fountain - don't think I'll get my wish I threw it over the wrong shoulder!!







Shaz and I posing by another little fountain

We all went out for dinner and the waiters presented us all with a rose

A few pictures from the Vatican and Sistine Chapel







The Swiss guard at the Vatican

St Peter's Square



The Colosseum with photo effect



In the forum

We visited Castel Gandolfo where the Pope has his summer home - it was the most beautiful little town with so many lovely doorways, views, flowers etc.








And then we turned down this little alleyway and there was this wonderful blue lake

Shaz picking grapes

Me picking grapes



At dinner that night playing the 'clappers'

Back soon with some more from Pisa and Florence
Love Zxx

3 comments:

Anne said...

Rome is a special place for us. I had my 21st there on the way back to NZ. Your trip looks just amazing - what a fantastic experience!!!

Linz M said...

Looks like you have had an amazing time. I love Rome, you are making me want to go back!

x

Lonicera said...

You really look as though you're enjoying yourself, and I love your pictures. But are you getting a rest too after your hectic work schedule??
Caroline