LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, October 13, 2008

At peace

Just wanted to let you all know that Aunt Jean slipped away around midnight last night. I had a long long phone call to my mum last night and I kind of worked out from what she said and what I'd read that the end couldn't be too far away. Then this afternoon just as I got in from work Mum phoned to say that she'd just slipped quietly away. Guess we’re all glad that it’s over for her but just feeling the big hole she leaves behind. So just a bit down tonight - times like this you feel so far away from your family - although when I phoned No1 son and told him he listened to all I had to say about how Mum was and my Uncle and cousins and then in his usual caring way asked how I was - the tears fell then! And inside I was so proud to have such a wonderful caring son. Love Z xx

10 comments:

Anne said...

Sorry to hear. So sad. As you said she at peace now, but a death leaves a huge gap. I know how hard it is accept when you are on the other side of the world.

You son sounds very caring. Take care - luv Anne

Jocelyn said...

So sad for you on the loss of your Auntie. Take care of you.

Love
Joc
xxx

Maria Catalina Wiley said...

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss Annie.
Take care,
Maria

Margaret said...

Condeolences to you, it's very sad to lose a loved one.

Julie's Journey said...

So sorry Anne.
It is so hard to lose a loved one.
Wish I could be there for you right now.
Many hugs and lots of love
Julie
xxxx

Apple2Hourglass said...

That's very sad news, big hugs to you my friend.
Bri

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your Aunty Jean.

Carol S
Perth

maria said...

Oh I'm so sorry for you and your Mum and the family. I'm glad your aunt didn't suffer for months when they wouldn't have been able to do much for her. Your boy sounds so lovely too, I'm glad you have that support.

Your Mama is blessed to have caring family around her at this time, even across the miles. Thanks for sharing the news.

jen said...

My sympathies and love to you on your loss,

take care,
Jen

Anonymous said...

Oh Annie, so sorry to hear about your loss. Sending big ***hugs*** your way.

xoxo