LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Operation Noah - Day 15

And here's my chart for this week. Not quite so good but still OK. I've had the most frantic week one way or another so have only had incidental exercise at work, although I've had a few treks around site so that at least gets some steps up. Alcohol - well that hasn't been so good - only two nights without the regular chardonnay. But I can say hand on heart that I've measured and counted every one that I've had and still stayed within my 18 points daily allowance. Lots of water being drunk which hopefully flushes the alcohol out of my system!!

A little confession - decided, being the control freak that I am that I needed to just make sure that the scales were taking a downturn. So I hopped on this morning - but that's the first for 14 days - normally that would only happen when I'm on holiday and there are no scales available. Anyway I'm not telling but suffice to say that they are moving in the right direction - not terribly fast but then they never do for me - but I'm happy and won't hop on again for at least another couple of weeks. They are safely stowed away under the spare bed!






Taaa Raaaa. Here's the new set up. Got everything delivered on Monday night and yours truly assembled it all. You'd never believe that Bloss 's original trade is actually Radio/TV technician! Anyway it's all working now - took me a couple of days and course I did read the manuals. It looks and sounds fantastic. Of course had to race out and buy another red planter and plant as that far corner just needed something - plus it covers some of the wiring and the sub woofer box which isn't particularly attractive. The planter on the left I already had - it was gracing the stair landing and was commandeered for this spot. Then I had to swap some of our artwork around as the art that was in that spot was too big and was hidden by the screen. So this is a tryptich which we bought from Germany which was on the dining room wall.

No 2 son arrived home safely on Friday - looks great - a bit photo shy but might manage one when he's not looking for my next post! He thinks the TV is awesome - particularly the cricket - reckons it's almost as good as being there.

Bloss bought himself a new laptop last week so right now there are three of us sitting in the lounge room - each with a laptop on their knee surfing and typing away merrily with the cricket on in the background.

Thought I'd just give you all a progress shot of how the hair growing exercise was going. Must say I'm pleased with it and haven't found it all 'painful' so far. I think the fact that I go to my hairdresser every few weeks and she 'nibbles' the ends is encouraging it to grow and avoiding that straggly stage that typically occurs.

Here's the front view!
Posted by Picasa



And here's how the sides are doing.



Other news - our local community here is in a state of shock this week after the discovery of the body of a 21 year old woman in some bushland near the railway track. She'd been at a local nightclub on Sat/Sun then was last seen heading for the local 24 hour service station - where nighttime revellers often head for a feed of 'greasies'. She was reported missing by her family on Sunday and her body found on Monday. We've only had I think two other murders here in the last 20 years and both of them had a domestic background - wife butchered husband and bloke shot his de facto partner in the bar of a local hotel. But so far there's been nothing come out about this young woman's lifestyle to indicate a domestic connection like a disgruntled partner, stalker etc. So it kind of makes you wonder if there's a maniac lurking out there. Aside from being raped, apparently the police have said it's one of the most brutal murders they have ever seen. So needless to say the whole community is decidedly shocked and jittery and I just can't begin to imagine how her parents must be feeling. Hopefully by the time I next post they might have managed to find the person responsible.


Right guys - I'm now off to phone my baby brother in Scotland who turns 40 today. I had no idea what to get him and so went searching on the net and eventually sent him the deeds to an acre of land on the moon! Told him it would be a good weekend escape in the future!



Have a great week everyone
Love Z xx

9 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I love your new set up, very very nice.

Well done on another very successful week on the Noah Challenge. Slow and steady wins the race and you are doing really well.

Have a good week

Anne said...

You amaze me - Day 15 and going strong. Don't worry about the lack of exercise, you are doing everything else right. TV looks great!!

Chris H said...

TV looks neat, love the pots. How long do you want to grow your hair? Nice to have your son home I'm sure. OOO nasty about that poor girl's death... hope they catch whoever is responsible.

Lyn said...

Wow cool set up!! And great going on the chart!! Scary when things happen like what happened to the girl so close to home. We had a murder just down the road a few years back and it shook everyone up for quite a while until the culprit was caught. In this case it ended up being one of our staff's boyfriend!! Glad to say they don't work for us anymore or live in the area.

Em said...

Your new set up looks fantastic....

How awful hope they find the person soon , when I was growing up we had a murder in our street makes you feel so unsafe to say the least..well done day 15 awsome...have a great week x

Suzy said...

Well done on sticking to your plan.

New TV etc looks amazing!

It's good that you have an understanding hairdresser who does exactly what you want. They are hard to find sometimes. I think longer hair will suit you. It looks lovely now.

Very nasty news about that poor girl.

maria said...

Your hair is looking lovely! You're always so beautifully groomed! Love the TV set-up.. A home theatre.. wow!! Hope you have many happy DVD viewings snuggled together with Bloss!

That local death is a bit unnerving. How tragic.

What an interesting gift.. I hope your brother liked that piece of the moon!

Thank you for sharing your progress. Your commitment and also your "human-ness" allow many of us to relate.. but be inspired at the same time :-)

molly said...

Lovely "do!"