LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Half Assed

Yep that's me - I'm struggling to get back into the right frame of mind. 200g lighter this morning than last Tuesday - quite pathetic really. And I deserve it. As my heading says I've been pretty half assed about getting truly back on track. In my favour I have at least put the brakes on, but the wheels are still spinning a bit! ( I love metaphors - can you tell?). So what was good - my eating was pretty well spot on and while I didn't actually track, I did mentally track every day and I did manage to drink water (but not enough) every day. However I only walked one day and I had alcohol on four days and that wasn't always within my points allowance. I seem to have been quite lethargic since I got back - busy at work but just collapsing in the chair with my library book in the evenings with of course the air conditioning on - it's so bloody hot and tropical here at the moment - another reason why I can't seem to get the exercise programme back on track. Don't anyone give me any sympathy - don't need that - try giving me a virtual kick in the bum! Anyway my plan for the week ahead is to try and improve on last weeks effort and see if I can find some of the 'zing' I had this time last year. Incentives? - they usually work for me. So having a trip up to Cairns for almost a week over Easter to catch up with a cousin of Bloss's - who is fantastic fun. Looking forward to that as I've never been further north than Airlie Beach. They actually live in the Atherton Tablelands and I understand there's some beautiful spots round there. Other news - changes afoot at work - can't remember whether I blogged about this last week (and too lazy to look and see - see what I mean!). Anyway I'll be changing roles shortly - sideways rather than up - which doesn't worry me. Actually it's what I've been wanting for some time now as it will give me a chance to broaden my generalist knowledge of Learning and Development as up to now I've been focussed on one area. So a new role with probably two people reporting to me (had thought I wouldn't have anyone which would have been nice for a change) and the opportunity to set up systems and procedures right across the business unit (1200 people) and generally make a difference. So pretty exciting. Went to the optometrist (can remember that I did tell you that) - eyes haven't deteriorated that much and we've decided to go down the path of contacts for my distance vision and just stick with magnifiers for reading. Not sure how I'm going to manage putting contacts in and out with my false finger nails - according to my optometrist I might have to devise a different strategy! Ails - what do you reckon? Thunderstorms galore here this last week - I was panicking yesterday morning - we had had a night of constant thunder and lightening so had brought Zanna upstairs to our room, but they died down andwe took off to work leaving her as usual but then mid morning they cranked up again with a vengeance. I was interviewing all day but had a window between two of them so raced home and locked her in the shed - felt bad about it but figured it was better than having her take off and roam the streets again and I was worried that she might push over one part of the fence if she decided to bolt. OK that's it from me, have a great week. Love Z xx

6 comments:

Chris H said...

No point telling you what to do RE: weight loss, you know what ya have to do! Contacts...eeeek, good luck with that!

Yummy Mummy said...

I can imagine it would have hard ot get back on track, but man.. you had a great holiday!

Anne said...

Ok - here is your virtual kick in the butt!!! Hope it works. I'm sure it will. Think that you have not just had the Christmas season to get over but also a couple of holidays.

Loved Cairns and Port Douglas when we went last year, I'm sure you will too!

Exciting about the changes in your job - good luck!

Em said...

Good luck in your new role....holiday at Easter sounds great...Am sure you will be back on track a 100% before no time.....have a great week x

Apple2Hourglass said...

*kick* - there you go, now can you give ME one?

Lee-Anne said...

I got contacts just before christmas last year. I have to admit it took me a while to get use to them because I have my long nails too. I have to admit I split a couple trying to get them out. Now I keep my right thumb and index nails filed reasonably short and this seems to help. Plus when taking them out I move them to the outside and this makes it a lot easier to peel off. Hope that makes sense.