LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Whisper, whisper.....

Shhhhhh ....don't tell anyone..... I gained 3.2kgs in the five weeks I was away. That is the difference in my weight between the day I left and the day after I came back - BUT as well as that the week before I left was pretty ordinary in my eating habits - farewell drinks and meals out plus it turned out that my old friend TOM decided to pop in and say g'day during the first week of our trip. Don't see the bugger for months then he turns up two in a row!!! Anyway the upshot of all that is that the reality is that I'm almost 5kgs heavier than the lightest I was earlier this year. So.... a bit of work to do. However I'm hopeful that I can drop more than half of that fairly quickly - that is in the next couple of weeks. I'm back on plan since yesterday, tracking, counting points, drinking lots of water and no alcohol so just need to get the exercise cranked up again and I should be right.

Another piece of exciting news - for me anyway - is that while I was away a new gym opened in our little town. I've already been on the phone and got prices and details and it sounds pretty good. Just need to clear up all my holiday bills then I'm planning on joining. In the meantime I'll get back to walking with Zanna again and work up to running a couple of mornings a week.

Beck posted a link to this site Polyvore and said it was a lot of fun - so I had a play and she was right - thanks Beck!

">


And now just a few tail end photos from the holiday - as much for my sake as yours!! They're not in order just as I saw them and thought you might like to share. The link to them all is in my last post and I've also put a link on the sidebar under Holiday Photos.



Bugs Bunny on the Hollywood Walk of Fame



A little quant shopping street on Venice Beach. We walked from Santa Monica to Venice beach one day - some incredibly 'different' people to be found at the markets along Venice Beach!


I made it to the red carpet at Universal Studios in Hollywood!!



Having a lunch time beer in Mexico City

Posted by Picasa

Our hotel in Mexico City was superb - the only 5 star privately owned hotel in the city. This was the bathroom - rather swish!

Outside Versace on Rodeo Drive.

Overlooking Los Angeles and Hollywood. The pale grey area you can see just above the top rail, just behind my handbag is the Hollywood Bowl


That's me on the right meandering along Via Rodeo, just off Rodeo Drive.

Posted by Picasa
And one last one - I didn't do much shopping on this trip - too busy seeing things. But I did manage a couple or purchases in Santa Monica. Sears were having their end of summer sale. So I got two pairs of Gloria Vanderbilt jeans, a couple of tops and two pairs of shoes. These ones were a real bargain - cost me the princely sum of $US 3.57!!!!

Posted by Picasa
Have a great week everyone
Love Z xx

18 comments:

Chris H said...

So much to comment on... don't think you did too bad with the weight mate! Loooove the shoes, what size are you? Cos if you decide (in my dreams!) that ya don't like em......... ha ha.

Apple2Hourglass said...

Welcome back - that went really quick! Looooove the shoes, ditto what Chris said, hope you're a size 9!!hehe

Christine (Australia) said...

OMG Zanna, I can't believe you are back from your trip already!!!! I will leave it till the weekend to catch up on all your holiday posts, but I'm really looking forward to reading them!
I know you will do really well with your focus & determination - you will lose those couple of kilos in no time! Great news that you've got a new gym to try out now too..
Have a great week! catch up with you again soon! chris xx

Anonymous said...

Ooohhhhh that looks like the best bloody holiday in the history of holidays :)

Sienna said...

Love the shoes, can't believe what you paid for them! What is the name of your little town? I wonder how close to each other we are??

Sue said...

What a wonderful trip you've had! And, yes, most of that weight will disappear quickly as you get back into home routines again.

The Candid Bandit said...

Rode Drive BABY! (sorry, Pretty Woman moment)

Those shoes are terrific and CHEAP!

I loved your Polyvore! You have gorgeous tastes.

Anne said...

Love the shoes - but I would break my neck in them!! Great photos.

You will soon knock that weight loss into action. Holidays are to enjoy!!

Suzy said...

You will soon get rid of that extra weight. You had a great time, that's the main thing ;-)

maria said...

Because you said "Sshhh Sshhh" at the beginning, I read it as if you were whispering the whole post to me! The power of suggestion..or is that persuasion?! My hat goes off to you because you came clean..and you are right.. you can be rid of half of that excess in no time at all. In 5 weeks you could have gained 7kg's..so I think you did pretty good..and like you said.. you had a relaxed week food wise before you left. Good on you for being back on track already. I hope the gym works out for you?! I loved the photo's!! Especially the swish hotel in Mexico!! Now how on earth did you get those shoes for such a bargain? Were they secondhand?

Chris H said...

My earrings are not too heavy at all, they are cool eh?

Lyn said...

Welcome home chicky!!! Seeing your photos brought back so many memories of when I visited there ...hmmm ... let me think ... 13yrs ago!! Boy how time goes fast!

Looks like you had a blast! And don't fret the 3.5kgs that's nothing, you'll have it off in no time!!

Em said...

Glad you are home safely and thanx for sharing your trip .....some really amazing pics, shoes looks gorgeous but I would probably break my neck in them lol..... Am sure your gain will be a faded memory soon and you will be back to your lowest weight..have a great weekend

Anne said...

I live about 10 mins from Chris H's - so will hope to catch you when you stay.

jen said...

Like wowwwwwwww what a holiday, and only a few kilo's on.....won't take ya long to move them, and a new gym to help ya ehhhh!!

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

For a holiday like you had... the gain was definitely well worth it...
Welcome home.. and I hope you have settled back in easily..

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fab holiday, i love the pics and as for the shoes they are fan bloodytastic. As for 5kgs on a holiday like that you have done really well, it will be off before you know it!!!

Cassie said...

what a great trip it looks like you had. Thanks for the comments, just wanted to get some stuff off my chest and needless to say my attempt to get back on track didn't happen with travelling in the last week.

Good on you for looking at joining the new gym in town! All the best :)